Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 08:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
and 2 days ago, some dumb cashier at a Philly Starbucks refused to let a cop use the bathroom unless he buys something.

Glad this particular employee got fired.

Blame Starbucks Culture for Barista Refusing Bathroom to Cop
Actually, this is a pretty standard Starbucks policy. I'm an older white woman, and I've been refused the key to the restroom until I bought something.

I didn't get outraged - I bought something. I *like* a high standard for restroom cleanliness, and someone's gotta pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 08:07 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
and 2 days ago, some dumb cashier at a Philly Starbucks refused to let a cop use the bathroom unless he buys something.

Glad this particular employee got fired.

Blame Starbucks Culture for Barista Refusing Bathroom to Cop
Another case of a cop thinking they can do things regular peons can't. Above the law. The rules don't apply to them.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:18 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,325,405 times
When someone makes their living on taking your money for breaking arbitrary laws, breaks up families over the wrong plants, executes innocent people and petty criminals in record number and perpetuates the largest prison population in the history of the planet, you can't respect that person. Police are being disrespected because they are feared. No one should have to question whether they are going to live through their next traffic stop

Old 09-16-2015, 09:16 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I think its a disgrace how many cops are treated in this country. I wouldn't blame them if they all walked off the job. I'm surprised anyone wants to apply for such a job anymore.
The disrespect and distrust was EARNED!

Don't worry, they will stay on the job because of power over the citizenry. A famous attorney once said "a cop has more power than a judge."

Old 09-16-2015, 10:00 PM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Cite?
Since when does one cite an opinion?

Old 09-16-2015, 10:03 PM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Actually, this is a pretty standard Starbucks policy. I'm an older white woman, and I've been refused the key to the restroom until I bought something.

I didn't get outraged - I bought something. I *like* a high standard for restroom cleanliness, and someone's gotta pay for it.
Generally, places of business allow the police to use restroom facilities. It's good business, and any place of business that refuses ought to rethink their policy. Other people off the street...that's a totally different thing.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:50 AM

174 posts, read 172,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I would have never stop service to a cop, just because when you leave he give you a ticket, but I myself have never met a honest cop. Im talking about those i have met. My college room mate was a sherrif deputy and he was dirty has hell just like his running mates. But i do believe if you behave your self you will never have a run in with a cop except maybe a speeding ticket and then its yes sir, no sir. I dont give a cop a reason.

when i was 16, getting my driver license at the trooper station, I had a trooper pull a gun on me, because my paperwork was screwed up. Im 16 what harm can i do a cop with wrong paperwork. so i truly feel, they are trained to be dirty at the academy. always in control of the situation and if anything is not by the book, they shoot you
This is quite possibly the worst post I've read on this forum to date, for many reasons.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:57 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Since the primary function of government cops is that of revenue collection,it's a wonder there isn't more disrespect.
Anyway, private businesses should be free to serve whomever they please, but if an employee behaves contrary to company policy they should be subject to the consequences.
Sorry, I must have missed where it was established that the primary function of police was revenue collection. Silly me, I always thought that the prime police function was crime prevention and apprehension.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:42 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Since the primary function of government cops is that of revenue collection,it's a wonder there isn't more disrespect.
Anyway, private businesses should be free to serve whomever they please, but if an employee behaves contrary to company policy they should be subject to the consequences.

Spouting vitriol doesn't make it true

If our job was primarily revenue collectors we are doing a horrible job.. if our secondary job was as revenue collectors we are doing a horrible job...
As a matter of fact
There isnt an academy where there is a course on revenue collection
I have never seen a police mission statement..policy and procedures manual.. never attended a briefing.. never been given a directive that we are to revenue collect in any fashion whatsoever... well.. except for successful civil litigants in limited situations as prescribed by law to benefit the plaintiff... and even in this situation a civil officer would.
There are actual anti quota laws in California

No.. what I see.. is ..once again a very sick and twisted agenda by people who don't have a clue

To arrest someone today costs on average about 3000.00... that's just arrest and booking... anything else gets really expensive... arrests are actually frowned upon.. booking and actually holding someone today means a felony of the dangerous kind..everyone else gets released on a cite.Nothing about this process puts it in the black... no court cost..no fine.. to restitution fee.. no.. the people ALWAYS lose financially from the actions of crooks and careless people

Speaking of traffic citations.. parking tickets can be revenue generating.. traffic citations not so much so.. complain to the city if you don't like the regulations. Local departments in California don't get any part of a citation fee.. Chp gets a miniscule amount..like 2.00... DMV gets the lions share.. and our registration costs are astronomical.. so.. they aren't doing a great job...because if they were the true cost of a citation would be born by the offender..( and I think citation costs here are outrageous for citizens)... hey politician..
All I cite for with parkers is red zones and handicapped .. that's OK with you isn't it?

With traffic cites.. unsafe things.. and insurance... licensing... and registration..
Why..because these drivers seem to injure others with frequency.. and in my state illegals just flee across the border when they do.. and operate without insurance leaving some innocent person maimed with no ability to get their life put back together
This is OK with you isn't it?
Or
Is this just revenue generation ?... if it is then I want to be very very good at it...please provide some excellent suggestions

Old 09-17-2015, 05:43 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I am disgusted by the disrespect for law officers. I blame lousy, lazy, disrespectful parents, our President, and the hate group Black Lives Matter!

Police officers denied service at Texas Whataburger restaurant | Daily Mail Online

Whataburger’s corporate office on Wednesday said:
We were appalled to hear of an employee refusing service to two officers, as we have proudly served first responders across our system for decades. As soon as we heard of this isolated incident, we began our own internal investigation overnight. The employee that refused service is no longer employed with Whataburger. We’ve also invited the officers back today so we can apologize in person and make this right.

Absent fathers and mothers, Obama's lack of support for police, and the Black Lives Matter anarchists have given hoodlums license to break the law and disrespect the very people, our police officers, who keep our country safe. Shame on them.

WE as a country have hated police from the beginning-- see all your freaking anti govt news we show in front of kids! We expose police corruption and now kids know they just like every one else - we have done this by allowing big money with the media showing the movies and video games to show action against police - and we as a society do not respect the very Pres-- what you expect form the kids watching YOU! please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies