Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 08:18 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
wow...phony numbers from the government

my utility bills have increase
my medical bills have increase...my insurance(government insurance) premium this jan went up 28%
my food prices(grocery AND resturant) have increased
my clothing prices have increase

prices on nearly everything (except home sales) have gone up 5-15% this past year, yet the government figure is only 1-2%....

inflation has been near 15% for the last 3 years

look at the prices in the stores

have you benn to the store

prices are going up, and up

coffee is double what it was just 5 years ago in 2008

coffee up

sugar up

cotton up

corn up

all other vegitable up

all meats up

almost everything us up

REAL INFALTION IS CURRENTLY ABOUT 10-15% or more...unfortuantely the government(from either party) doesnt give us the REAL numbers

it certainly is for every working class person or old person

you think that your utility cost being up is not inlation???

you think your medical/pharm costs being up is not inflation???

you think your clothing costs being up is not inflation???

you think your housing (rent and rela taxes) being up is not inflation???

you think food costs going up is not inflation???

you think building supply costs (ie home depot) being UP is not inflation???

almost EVERYTHING we use has gone up by at least 10% to in some cases 30% in the last 3 years...and you are going to tell me inflation is "only 2% or less"

have you been to the store???...have you SEEN THE PRICES???? milk is nearly $4 a gallon...meats have gone though the roof...in 2004 a 3lb can of coffee was about $3...today its a 2.2lb can of coffee and its $10...over a 300% increase in less than 10 years

sorry you are too blind to see

you certainly do prove that the sheeple are out there for the slaughter

so are you going to tell me YOU BELIEVE the government TELLING YOU that inflation is at 0-3% when PRICES in nearly everything have risen 10-20% or more????

the 'inflation rate' is not REAL INFLATION (ie COST inflation) that real americans (and seniors) feel with almost everything we buy

costs are going up on almost everything..especially food (which is NOT counted in the 'inflation rate')

Junk fish called Tauplia which was selling in 2008 for 1.28 a pound is now over 5.00 a pound...Catfish that averaged between 3.49 and 3.99 at 6.00 plus.... Not just one store, they are all similar in price. Paper towels are highway robbery.....deli ham/turkey which I used to get for 2-4 a pound...now 6-9 a pound

last Thanksgiving,,Sweet potatoes they were 49 cent/pound...now $1.79/pound

breyers icecream HALF GALLON, was (2008) 2for 5...now its 1.5 quarts and its 4/each

Even cooking oil 48 fl oz... went from $2.99 (reg. p about 6 months ago) to $3.69 (sale)... from $4.29 (reg. price).
All those food stamps going out keep food prices high.. when it is free they buy whatever price it is. Milk will have many buyers when it is free on foodstamps.. illegals are here with anchor babies keeping the milk prices high.. those who have to pay for it feel the pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 09:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
It looks like banks might have rigged another huge market

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/looks-...151523040.html

Old 09-18-2015, 01:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
The markets were expecting a rate bump and were fully prepared for one and it seems even they were surprised. Financing cheap debt is the #1 job of the Fed right now it would seem.

News from The Associated Press

As I said, the negativity this provides is bad for the economy.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:30 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Why? Was there high inflation? Was the economy overheating? If not, there was no reason to raise rates.
The Fed stated weakness in the global economy as a reason for not raising rates, not that it "wasn't overheating". LOL-how Orwellian can you get?

Old 09-18-2015, 01:49 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Our real problem is fiscal policies, not monetary policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies