Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 01:52 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Carly won. Rubio second, Christi/ Bush tied for third.
It's the beginning of the end for Trump!
Not by a long shot. If R's want a Progressive, Rubio, Bush, Kasich and Fiorina are for them.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Carly won. Rubio second, Christi/ Bush tied for third.
It's the beginning of the end for Trump!
I agree; in general. Trump doesn't do well on a debate stage.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:54 PM

39,199 posts, read 27,575,665 times
In all fairness, Trump did average. I don't think he was well prepared. However, His popularity will remain the same. He will still be number one.

He said he would talk to Putin and establish a good relationship with foreign leaders. I think this is a reasonable approach when it comes to foreign policy. Hawkish Republicans should all stay in the past. This country don't need and cannot afford another war, period.

Fiorina is the new flavor of the month, she appeals to the Hawkish Republican base which is rather pathetic.

Biggest winner: senator Rand Paul.

Marco Rubio did okay.

Rest is irrelevant.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:54 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Thank you for pointing this out. It's the major difference between liberals and conservatives. Liberals always demand that the government or some other entity step up to give them stuff, or do stuff for them. Conservatives, on the other hand, prefer to be self-dependent and generally prefer the government to get out of the way so they can provide for themselves and their own. It's why most young people are liberal (they're used to their parents and other caregivers providing them with stuff) and older people tend to be conservative.
It also has to do with money and experience too. I have quite a few friends in college who didn't receive any support from their families and were working full-time while attending school who were hardcore Democrats. I think they simply don't understand the way to build wealth is through investments, savings, and compounding interest. Many young people think these things are only for fat cats, but really a fat cat can afford to pay high capital gains tax, but poor people cannot. It would be much easier for people to gain wealth if capital gains tax were eliminated.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:57 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In all fairness, Trump did average. I don't think he was well prepared. However, His popularity will remain the same. He will still be number one.

He said he would talk to Putin and establish a good relationship with foreign leaders. I think this is a reasonable approach when it comes to foreign policy. Hawkish Republicans should all stay in the past. This country don't need and cannot afford another war, period.

Fiorina is the new flavor of the month, she appeals to the Hawkish Republican base which is rather pathetic.

Biggest winner: senator Rand Paul.

Marco Rubio did okay.

Rest is irrelevant.
Well said. I do think some of Trump's support will erode though. It probably would have anyway. He is not going to be the nominee.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:57 PM

I thought this debate was great, it allowed for actual debate! I got to see a lot more differences between the candidates this time versus the first debate where everyone besides Trump seemed like clones.

The winner was Trump
The loser was Bush

And the rest don't matter much. Every poll I've seen has shown Trump as the clear winner followed by Fiorina.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:59 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,708,972 times
Trump started out strong with his jokes and attacks but he faded away as the conversation took serious tone especially around foreign policy. To me he got killed when Rubio pointed out Trump doesn't know details of the issue our nation is facing, how can he plan a solution. Trump showed his lack of knowledge, he is not a detail guy

Rubio was clear winner by the end. He was clear & has knowledge, knows what he is talking about. He also is the best looking person running (that helps). He is just young, maybe in few years he will be our president.

Carly started off strong especially with her diplomatic comments to Trump but she blinks too much, she doesn't answer question straight & she is too diplomatic for me to trust her. By end she wasn't that great

Did anyone notice how uncomfortable Bush was there? He seem shy and would rather hide from all this. Christi sounds like average joe, not presidential like. Paul's hair & Cruz nose not helping. Carson was too calm and slow in his response. Huckabee sounded/looked like president but 2.0 is never good. Walker & Kasich talk too much about their state, bla,

Old 09-17-2015, 02:02 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Trump got his rear end handed to him by Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina. Carly ripped him apart, he was so whipped he couldent even speak. Jeb Bush humiliated him and turned Trump's face beet red when he stated that Trump tried to bribe him when he was Governor of Florida.

This is IT ... the beginning of the end of Trump.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:03 PM

Rubio was confident, but he is just a war hawk, it doens't mean what he said is good policy. Fiorina is just stupid saying she wouldn't even talk to our enemies, which basically means war as the first option. Imagine if Reagan didn't talk to Russia, we most likely would have had nuclear war.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:05 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Trump started out strong with his jokes and attacks but he faded away as the conversation took serious tone especially around foreign policy. To me he got killed when Rubio pointed out Trump doesn't know details of the issue our nation is facing, how can he plan a solution. Trump showed his lack of knowledge, he is not a detail guy

Rubio was clear winner by the end. He was clear & has knowledge, knows what he is talking about. He also is the best looking person running (that helps). He is just young, maybe in few years he will be our president.

Carly started off strong especially with her diplomatic comments to Trump but she blinks too much, she doesn't answer question straight & she is too diplomatic for me to trust her. By end she wasn't that great

Did anyone notice how uncomfortable Bush was there? He seem shy and would rather hide from all this. Christi sounds like average joe, not presidential like. Paul's hair & Cruz nose not helping. Carson was too calm and slow in his response. Huckabee sounded/looked like president but 2.0 is never good. Walker & Kasich talk too much about their state, bla,
I did not think Bush was shy. He was uncomfortable and it showed. But his demeanor was more of someone who was astonished to be trailing in the polls behind such a bunch of incompetents. It is a question plaguing many of the Republican establishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies