Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 02:06 PM

5,442 posts, read 4,703,988 times

Advertisements

I did not see much strange behavior or hard confrontations. The media is blowing way out of proportion, silliness really.

The only time Donald Trump was childish was when he took a swipe at Rand Paul out of thin air. Other than that, he attacked others on their records, like Carly Fiorina, Scott Walker, Jeb Bush. I did not agree with what some were expressing, but no one was really childish at all.

The moderators, like Jake Tapper of CNN tried to get Trump and Fiorina to go to blows, but neither did. Carly answered well when said that only Americans can decide if they trust Trump with nuclear weapons. Same with the face/persona thing, her answer was good, and Donald did not say anything bad about her either.
I have read some headlines about how Carly really destroyed Donald, but that was not the case. The moderators and the media want to get Trump to say controversial statements but really he was mellow and only attack others on their records, which is way debates should be.

I was so happy when Chris Christie and John Kasich took Jake Tapper to task on about discussing important issues, that was really needed. And Tapper kept vainly trying to have Fiorina attack Trump, but it was to no avail.
Everyone was on their good behavior, and not disagreed. CNN tried to turn this to circus and they failed.
I did not see the fascination with Fiorina at all, her answers to issues like the Iran Deal were similar to the others, nor did she demolish Trump at all. I think she is very unlikely to get the nomination, Donald Trump has a far better chance.

Overall Donald did NOT screw up, nor did he let the moderators get him to say anything stupid.
No one did a crap job, nor did anyone really run away with it either. Everyone did moderately well.

Some needed more time considering it was a really long debate.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:07 PM

5,442 posts, read 4,703,988 times
The worst part was not the candidates, but Jake Tapper who tried to stir the pot and get Donald Trump and Carly Fiorina to fight each other. Neither fell for it, and gave civil, good answers.

Jake Tapper sucks as a moderator!!

Old 09-17-2015, 02:12 PM

26,184 posts, read 22,366,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Trump started out strong with his jokes and attacks but he faded away as the conversation took serious tone especially around foreign policy. To me he got killed when Rubio pointed out Trump doesn't know details of the issue our nation is facing, how can he plan a solution. Trump showed his lack of knowledge, he is not a detail guy

Rubio was clear winner by the end. He was clear & has knowledge, knows what he is talking about. He also is the best looking person running (that helps). He is just young, maybe in few years he will be our president.

Carly started off strong especially with her diplomatic comments to Trump but she blinks too much, she doesn't answer question straight & she is too diplomatic for me to trust her. By end she wasn't that great

Did anyone notice how uncomfortable Bush was there? He seem shy and would rather hide from all this. Christi sounds like average joe, not presidential like. Paul's hair & Cruz nose not helping. Carson was too calm and slow in his response. Huckabee sounded/looked like president but 2.0 is never good. Walker & Kasich talk too much about their state, bla,
Rubio isn't a winner for me. His stand on illegal immigration is a turnoff. I just don't think there was a winner. Should there be or are we just getting a chance to see and hear them?

Did anyone understand Carly's response about the remark that Trump made about her? Carly Fiorina, Donald Trump Face Off in GOP Debate: Video - Us Weekly I am a woman and I heard it and posted here that I thought it had nothing to do with her face or how she looked. I have heard that said a lot of times and it never referred to the face but to the person in general. Not a nice thing to say but........ Also, she wanted to attack King Hillary which didn't come across well.

I noticed Bush acted just as you described. I haven't watched him that much. You wonder if he isn't just trying to prove himself by trying to get the nomination. With Carson, that is simply his style which you would definitely want in a surgeon. Agree about Walker & Kasich because being the governor of one state does not compare with overseeing 50 of them. Plus, I can't remember which one I checked up on after the first debate but the people in the state were not speaking in glowing terms about their governor.

So far as how they look, I don't think a lot about that.

And Trump is still my first choice. I do think he is quieting now and doing more listening as he realizes that he has a chance and this is not reality tv. I think listening is good.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:14 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,860,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Rubio was confident, but he is just a war hawk, it doens't mean what he said is good policy. Fiorina is just stupid saying she wouldn't even talk to our enemies, which basically means war as the first option. Imagine if Reagan didn't talk to Russia, we most likely would have had nuclear war.
I do t agree with all of rubio's policies, but I think he sounds the most presidential on stage. He had the most command of foreign affairs, he was very eloquent and explained his positions well. Personally, if he doesn't become the republican nominee this time he has a very good chance next time.

Every time he takes the stage I am more impressed with his abilities.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:06 PM

9,919 posts, read 7,781,189 times
I really don't want anyone of them to be President nor on the Democratic side...Anyone else going to join in the race? Only one I guess I found I liked was Senator Graham. Only thing didn't like with the Senator is too Hakwish.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:13 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,370,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
The worst part was not the candidates, but Jake Tapper who tried to stir the pot and get Donald Trump and Carly Fiorina to fight each other. Neither fell for it, and gave civil, good answers.

Jake Tapper sucks as a moderator!!
Yup. Forget the candidates...CNN lost last night, that was awful.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:21 PM

68,394 posts, read 54,665,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I agree; in general. Trump doesn't do well on a debate stage.

Funny how things change when his typical "I am great!" is open to questions and challenges, eh?

Old 09-17-2015, 03:25 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,170,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In all fairness, Trump did average. I don't think he was well prepared. However, His popularity will remain the same. He will still be number one.
I agree 100%. His supporters don't care about debates, because they like Mr. Trump's message and his success and status.

Quote:
He said he would talk to Putin and establish a good relationship with foreign leaders. I think this is a reasonable approach when it comes to foreign policy. Hawkish Republicans should all stay in the past. This country don't need and cannot afford another war, period.
I agree, though it is a lot easier said than done to say "I will get along with . . ." so and so. What if the other side is not open to your amicable gesture, or they are completely unreasonable (think Putin, Little Kim or Bibi)? Then what? Send in Ambassador Dennis Rodman?

Quote:
Biggest winner: senator Rand Paul.
I chuckled when Mr. Trump basically called Rand ugly - I thought about you at that moment in light of your opinion of Senator Paul's physical beauty. I wish I could've seen your face at that time.

Quote:
Marco Rubio did okay.
I am not a fan, but I thought he did great.

Mick

Old 09-17-2015, 03:27 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,304,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Trump got his rear end handed to him by Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina. Carly ripped him apart, he was so whipped he couldent even speak. Jeb Bush humiliated him and turned Trump's face beet red when he stated that Trump tried to bribe him when he was Governor of Florida.

This is IT ... the beginning of the end of Trump.

bHAAAAA who has taken millions of dollars in this campaign from special interests???? Bush and Clinton.

While Trump hasn't taken any money from any special interest group and you say Trump is done because Jeb said Trump tried to bribe him??? BHAAAAAAA!!

typical liberal, you are so predictable.....lol

Old 09-17-2015, 03:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,988,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Trump started out strong with his jokes and attacks but he faded away as the conversation took serious tone especially around foreign policy. To me he got killed when Rubio pointed out Trump doesn't know details of the issue our nation is facing, how can he plan a solution. Trump showed his lack of knowledge, he is not a detail guy
trump doestn have to be a detail guy, especially right now. later on in the campaign though he will need to be forthcoming with some details of his plans to move america forward though, especially if he gets the nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies