Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 11:54 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If they decide to break federal law...will they be put in jail? I guess that we know the answer to that one.

Is there a list somewhere of what Federal laws Obama does actually enforce, and which ones are ignored? Or what the criteria is for ignoring them? Do you have to be one of his special classes of people?
Do we have a list of the same for every other President or are you just interested in the one your emotions tell you to whine about.

As to the question to which you didn't answer there, what happens to the medical system really varies based on state. Here in Washington, both types of stores were allowed, but the medical system is being rolled in to the recreational system. It will just not be taxed.

It's quite a good industry here. Jobs, taxes, less money wasted on enforcement against drugs that don't matter and no the sky isn't falling here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 12:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Doesnt really matter as any one who wants to smoke pot can easily acquire the product whether its illegal or not.
That wasn't the question: we all know you can get pot illegally or otherwise.

Now, will it be legalized? Not for many years in AZ.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:32 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

I thought i did answer the question=
Will Arizona legalize marijuana?

It doesnt matter..

Old 09-23-2015, 01:00 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If they decide to break federal law...will they be put in jail? I guess that we know the answer to that one.

Is there a list somewhere of what Federal laws Obama does actually enforce, and which ones are ignored? Or what the criteria is for ignoring them? Do you have to be one of his special classes of people?

While I agree that is the job of those whom we elect to uphold the laws, and ESPECIALLY adhere to the Constitution....which BTW, where is the ammendment (like with alcohol) for prohibition of cannabis in the Constitution? I'm not finding that specific amendment anywhere. Having said that, there are many laws that we could could do away with and repeal. Not to mention just because something is a law, it doesn't make it just or moral. Finally, it our duty as American citizens to protest, and even disobey bad laws to promote change. No I'm not talking riots, or what you saw in Baltimore or Ferguson either.

I hope that Arizona is yet another state that sticks it to the feds and their ridiculous scheduling of a schedule 1 narcotic!

Old 09-23-2015, 01:06 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,158,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
First hand? Sure you did. Ever heard of false causation? That's what you're doing. It's the whole square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't necessarily a square logic that you're missing.

Marijuana stops child's severe seizures - CNN.com
Sanjay Gupta: Time for a medical marijuana revolution - CNN.com

Now that I've proven that there's a medical use for it, contrary to what you're claiming based on no research or data, maybe it's time to hit that logout button and leave opinions to those people who are actually informed.
Lol why don't you try taking your own advice, I live with it and see the effects daily so try again.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
So you feel the same way about Opium and Coca? Let's make them legal also since they are from a plant.
There should be no such thing as an illegal substance relative to personal use by adults. Jailing people because they wanna snort coke is so stupid that it defies logic.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

I wouldn't bet on that if I were you.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:02 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There should be no such thing as an illegal substance relative to personal use by adults. Jailing people because they wanna snort coke is so stupid that it defies logic.

I'm inclined to agree. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't advocate it, as that stuff is some bad s***! Now OTOH, if you knock over a convenient store because you need money to get your fix, then you go to prison! Or worse... be shot if the store owner himself is packing heat.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm inclined to agree. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't advocate it, as that stuff is some bad s***! Now OTOH, if you knock over a convenient store because you need money to get your fix, then you go to prison! Or worse... be shot if the store owner himself is packing heat.
If you decriminalized that stuff, folks wouldn't need to knock off a store. The illegality is what jacks up the price to astronomical numbers and only enriches some really bad dealers who must kill just to keep everyone in line. People decry the violence around the dope game, but in that business, there's no other choice BUT to operate by the perceived threat of extreme violence. And you have to employ it in a New York minute at even the slightest of infractions. That's the game.

If you wanna disempower such people, you've gotta get the money out of the drug game. The profits are too strong of a lure for criminals to dismiss...even with our sentencing guidelines.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:23 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I'm not opposed to it being made legal, however, the arguments to do so are not well thought out in my opinion.
I agree. There is really only one argument. Nothing else matters. Government has no right to tell me what I can eat, drink or smoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies