Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 02:26 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If you decriminalized that stuff, folks wouldn't need to knock off a store. The illegality is what jacks up the price to astronomical numbers and only enriches some really bad dealers who must kill just to keep everyone in line. People decry the violence around the dope game, but in that business, there's no other choice BUT to operate by the perceived threat of extreme violence. And you have to employ it in a New York minute at even the slightest of infractions. That's the game.

If you wanna disempower such people, you've gotta get the money out of the drug game. The profits are too strong of a lure for criminals to dismiss...even with our sentencing guidelines.

Of course, which is why I said prohibition is a failure, and puts more innocent lives in danger due to the black market surrounding it, than the actual substance itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 02:32 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If they decide to break federal law...will they be put in jail? I guess that we know the answer to that one.

Is there a list somewhere of what Federal laws Obama does actually enforce, and which ones are ignored? Or what the criteria is for ignoring them? Do you have to be one of his special classes of people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Do we have a list of the same for every other President or are you just interested in the one your emotions tell you to whine about.
I'm sure he thinks discretionary enforcement is something invented by that nefarious Obama. The United States Supreme Court has long given Presidents the latitude in determining how and when to enforce laws. Does he recall the myriad federal regulations that were not enforced under President Bush? When the EPA under Bush simply stopped enforcing certain Clean Air Act emmissions restrictions? When the Reagan Administration declined to enforce some antitrust regulations? Or when Reagan used an executive order to exempt 200,000+ Nicaraguan refugees from deportation? And I guess Toyman missed the last GOP debate, where both Jeb Bush and Rand Paul stated that they would not enforce federal marijuana laws where they conflicted with state laws in Colorado. Elsewhere, Carly Fiorina has said the same thing. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz have said the oppose medical marijuana, but that they would not interfere with states that choose to legalize it.

Of course, Toyman is of the same crowd that thinks President Obama is going crazy with executive orders - when, here in the real world, no President since Grover Cleveland (his first Presidency, which ended in 1889) has issued executive orders at a slower rate than President Obama.

Executive Orders

These people simply live in an alternate reality.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Of course, which is why I said prohibition is a failure, and puts more innocent lives in danger due to the black market surrounding it, than the actual substance itself.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:04 PM

192 posts, read 204,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
You must not be into craft brewing. It's huge and growing even here in Phoenix. There are so many varieties and takes on beer that there are tons of people who drink beer for the taste. I've recently discovered sour beer and have always loved ambers.
Don't get me wrong i do love the taste of good beer. You say there are "tons" of people who drink beer for the taste. If non alcoholic beer is so popular then why is one out of every 50 or so 6-packs on the shelf or on taps at pubs contain alcohol. Is alcohol just something that they would take out if they could? Or isn't the alcohol part what beer makes desirable to consume.

You say the craft brewing is huge in Phoenix.... in comparison to what other places? Lol. You might as well say sushi or Korean BBQ are huge in Arizona too.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:12 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
I really hope it doesn't, although it's readily available now both my legal and illegal means. The clinics are a joke and I see this first hand, they will give ANYONE a card even if you have no medical issues, if you don't they'll just make one up. Anyone that says the stuff is harmless needs to wake up.
It's not harmless. That doesn't mean we ban it and lock people up who smoke it.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:28 PM

445 posts, read 515,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans2000 View Post
If non alcoholic beer is so popular then why is one out of every 50 or so 6-packs on the shelf or on taps at pubs contain alcohol. Is alcohol just something that they would take out if they could? Or isn't the alcohol part what beer makes desirable to consume.
It's because non-alcoholic beers taste like crap.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:29 PM

3,271 posts, read 3,930,978 times
I can solve all of America's weed problems with one easy sentence, "treat weed like alcohol".

It's really just that simple.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:30 PM

192 posts, read 204,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeant79 View Post
It's because non-alcoholic beers taste like crap.
There's probably a way to make non alcoholic versions of good tasting beers. But hardly anyone would buy them except for a few oddballs.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:35 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I can solve all of America's weed problems with one easy sentence, "treat weed like alcohol".

It's really just that simple.
I have a better sentence... "discourage the use of marijuana."

Old 09-23-2015, 07:41 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I have a better sentence... "discourage the use of marijuana."
That's worked out great over the last 50 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies