Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2015, 01:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
True. But that does not rule out an ethnic bias. No period.
It's really irrelevant if it is happening to many. As I noted, one can find many instances where the school or authorities took things too far and they aren't just Muslims. Blacks, whites, Christians, etc.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:38 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's really irrelevant if it is happening to many. As I noted, one can find many instances where the school or authorities took things too far and they aren't just Muslims. Blacks, whites, Christians, etc.

Again perhaps true. But that does not rule out an ethnic bias. Historically black kids have far more trouble with schools and police even after you correct for economic factors.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:43 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
I realized that this kid was trolling the world pretty much after seeing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K48415OeDdg

Old 09-28-2015, 02:47 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Bill Maher exposes Liberal Idiocy over 14-year-old Ahmed's clock-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVLKDtmSqUM

Old 09-28-2015, 02:55 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Again perhaps true. But that does not rule out an ethnic bias. Historically black kids have far more trouble with schools and police even after you correct for economic factors.
Is there a correction for things like 2 parent families or racism of those enforcing the rules?

Old 09-28-2015, 02:58 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
I wonder if this loony hoaxing family is still invited to Obama's White House?

Before Ahmed’s fame: fantastic inventions and a fight with authority
If you want to know Ahmed Mohamed — not the hoax bomb suspect or the vindicated celebrity, but the motormouth kid with a schoolbag full of inventions and a head full of questions — ask a teacher.

Ask at Sam Houston Middle School, where the boy from Sudan mastered electronics and English, once built a remote control to prank the classroom projector and bragged of reciting his First Amendment rights in the principal’s office.

It’s also the school where Ahmed racked up weeks of suspensions, became convinced an administrator had it in for him and — before he left for the high school where he turned famous — prompted Irving ISD to review claims of anti-Muslim bullying.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:06 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
So This was just some ridiculous story about some kid being kicked out of school, and led away in handcuffs mind you, for bringing a disassembled clock to school

So this time it wasn't some white kid with Pot Tart gun. . .of which you posted how ridiculous and PC the world has become. Death to the school! Or some man banned from Chuck-E-Cheeze for an AK47 strapped to his back.

Nope - this time its the school that needs defended. . .What a bunch of flippin' hypocrites.
I think that a reasonable individual can say that what Ahmed did was essentially trolling and trying to get a rise out of people. The school went apesh*t and then out came the "oh poor me I'm being profiled".

THis would have died out long ago but no....instead he gets invited to the Whitehouse etc. which then made it political.

After that everyone lined up on their predictable sides of the argument and NO FURTHER INFORMATION will ever change their opinions.

I am currently withholding my final opinion until I hear both sides but seems we won't get to hear the schools version of events unless it comes out in court which will be a long time from now.

As it stands only someone really politically invested would equate bringing what was clearly intended to get a rise out of people with things like pop-tart guns or getting suspended for taking an aspirin etc.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:19 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
No meat. Brietbart simply cites the Federal Statute. Any real limitation would be TX law.
Now you're telling us a hypothetical Texas law would supersede the Federal educational privacy act

Find a different excuse for why the Clockboy Family refuses to let the school make its records on the incident public.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Now you're telling us a hypothetical Texas law would supersede the Federal educational privacy act

Find a different excuse for why the Clockboy Family refuses to let the school make its records on the incident public.
There is no form in the federal law and it would not apply to police. This is a local matter...not a federal one.

The family may try to make a federal case...likely some violation of civil rights...But it is not a federal form standing in the way of school disclosure.

Hopefully somewhere along the line someone will ask the family or the school what it is that is preventing disclosure. Brietbart's version is poppycock.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I wonder if this loony hoaxing family is still invited to Obama's White House?

Before Ahmed’s fame: fantastic inventions and a fight with authority
If you want to know Ahmed Mohamed — not the hoax bomb suspect or the vindicated celebrity, but the motormouth kid with a schoolbag full of inventions and a head full of questions — ask a teacher.

Ask at Sam Houston Middle School, where the boy from Sudan mastered electronics and English, once built a remote control to prank the classroom projector and bragged of reciting his First Amendment rights in the principal’s office.

It’s also the school where Ahmed racked up weeks of suspensions, became convinced an administrator had it in for him and — before he left for the high school where he turned famous — prompted Irving ISD to review claims of anti-Muslim bullying.
More not ascribed hearsay.

Could be true. I am not at all convinced the kid is real smart either.

But if that was known I would have expected the high school to approach the kid cautiously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies