Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 10:14 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Thank you for making my point. When you say the word Hispanic to most Republicans they can only think of housekeepers, maids, dishwashers, lawn care workers. That, to them, is what being Hispanic means--the hired help. They have no concept of Latinos beyond their own narrow stereotypes.
Numbers don't lie, should we look past facts like most liberals Democrats do and say whatever works best for pandering to voters?

Have you spent any time in a hotel in the last 20 years in this country? 98.5% of the cleaning crew of any average cleaning crew in the US are minority or newly arrived immigrants to this country. I live in the Houston area and I'd bet good money that 75% or more of the lawn care guys working here are Hispanic. Look at any construction crew in this area and you'll find an overwhelming majority are Hispanic.

Should we ignore the truth like you folks do?

Old 09-19-2015, 10:15 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Bush or Rubio will carry a significant Hispanic vote if they are the Republican nominee.
What do you consider "significant"? 15 to 20 percent? In my opinion neither Bush or Rubio will get a majority and it's not particularly their faults...

Last edited by SHABAZZ310; 09-19-2015 at 10:27 AM..

Old 09-19-2015, 10:18 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Kasich's statement did betray a stereotype. One probably based on his limited life experience. But then, he was just on stage with Rubio who stated that his parent's were a bartender and a maid, two professions that rely on tips so it doesn't help when Kasich's colleagues reinforce the stereotype.
Is it a stereo type if it's mostly true?

Old 09-19-2015, 10:19 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
All politicians, Republicans included, make promises that they can't/don't keep once elected. But this wasn't my point. My point is prejudice and ignorance seems to flow freely once conservatives start to speak about minority interests. This is one reason minorities don't vote Republican as a majority and if the powers that be stay there, we never will...
And, how's that working out...?

NAACP president: Black people worse off under Obama

Old 09-19-2015, 10:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Do you guys actually know any Hispanics? The ones I know are a lot more conservative and religious than you give them credit.

I suspect Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio would carry a much larger Hispanic vote than a Hillary Clinton who could care very little about Hispanics beyond wanting their vote.
Unfortunately, at this time, the Republican front runner is Trump and I don't see him getting any of the Hispanic vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Your last sentence is interesting. I don't ever remember hearing of him before the presidential debates but he and the man from New York didn't even sound like Republicans. It is like Carly said about living in water and you don't know the difference. They have lived around Democrats so long they don't know the difference between self-sufficiency and nanny government. He is working just fine with his Democrats. It is because he is one of them with a Republican label.
Kasich is no Democrat. He sneaks anti-abortion laws into other bills, he ties school funding to abiding by his religious beliefs ~ nope, he's definitely Republican.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:27 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's working out quite well. As a group Black Folk are far better off now than at anytime in US history. There's still a long way to go but the white supremacist status quo is losing more and more power by the year...

Old 09-19-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
It's working out quite well. As a group Black Folk are far better off now than at anytime in US history. There's still a long way to go but the white supremacist status quo is losing more and more power by the year...
That's bull****, if you believe that you can't read.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:30 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
It's working out quite well. As a group Black Folk are far better off now than at anytime in US history.
Nope.

Wealth inequality has widened along racial, ethnic lines since end of Great Recession | Pew Research Center

The Obama Admin has made things worse for Black Folk.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nonsense, he knows 3 other black people and they all claim to be doing better so all those facts and statistics mean nothing. They all are die hard, blind Obama supporters who are just as ignorant as Obama's voting base but that means nothing.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:33 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Most Hispanics are Catholic so really, one could argue they are damning their own souls by voting for Democrats that support Planned Parenthood. Of all the sins on Earth, abortion is one of the absolute worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies