Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 04:38 PM

62,736 posts, read 28,935,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I just saw this on another POST-- I DIDN'T DO IT!!! just copy and paste
Wells Fargo announcing $125 billion effort to help homebuyers | Project Economy - KCCI Home

DES MOINES, Iowa —Wells Fargo Home Mortgage announced Tuesday its support of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals' "Hispanic Wealth Project," which seeks to triple Hispanic household wealth over the next decade.
WATCH VIDEO
Wells Fargo announced the project includes a projected $125 billion in mortgage originations and $10 million to support initiatives to promote financial education and counseling for Hispanic homebuyers....
I wonder how many will be illegal aliens? I am opposed to all advocacy groups based on promoting a certain group. It's divisive and ethnocentric.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:40 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
A Perfect Example Of Why Today's GOP Will Never Win The Hispanic Vote

Non Sequitur

GOP (Trump) has already won this vote.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,849,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A Perfect Example Of Why Today's GOP Will Never Win The Hispanic Vote

Non Sequitur

GOP (Trump) has already won this vote.
False, the election is not till 2016.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:44 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,548,368 times
Regarding people of Hispanic origin. The ones that have good common sense, a sense of pride, and a desire not to be a leech on society with most likely vote republican. the rest will throw their lot with the demorats. Just like every other human being in the United States.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:56 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,735,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
John Kasich, in response to the question, do you have a strategy for attracting a significant chunk of the Latino vote? He answers by saying that Hispanics really should be voting Republican.

"Because they are great, they are God-fearing, hard-working folks. And a lot of them do jobs that they're willing to do.

That's why, in a hotel, you leave a little tip, you know?"

Kasich: Help Hispanics by tipping the hotel maid? | The Columbus Dispatch

I'm sure he is so tone deaf he has no idea why that is offensive. I thought Kasich was one of the smarter Republican candidates, but apparently I was mistaken.
The irony.

Kasich was promoting Hispanics in exactly the same way this movie did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYJcfhxMkrQ

The problem you have with it is that Kasich is a white politician and not a Mexican movie director.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:17 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
When liberals refer to immigrants doing jobs that Americans won't do they are not talking about white collar jobs.
Been to Boston, no illegals and other Americans do the work.
It is a false statement that with 95 million unemployed under Obama that non Hispanics won't work.

Remove the welfare system from them and yo would only get some temps for farming.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:45 PM

580 posts, read 448,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Antonio Villaraigosa the far left ex Democrat Mayor of Los Angeles says they clean your toilets!
But thirty pieces of silver welfare programs have them still selling their souls for the dole and vote Democrat.
Follow the easy money.
No dole no Democrats.
Villaraigosa was speaking specifically about illegal immigrants(sp). What you, Kasich, and every other right winger in this thread are doing is carrying over that stereotype and applying it to all Hispanics. You guys are blind to the tens of millions of Hispanics in this country that are doctors, nurses, business men/women, business owners, teachers, sports players/coaches, those that work on both sides of the camera in Hollywood, etc., etc....

Get it now?

Old 09-20-2015, 07:39 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,771,171 times
Quote:
John Kasich, in response to the question, do you have a strategy for attracting a significant chunk of the Latino vote? He answers by saying that Hispanics really should be voting Republican.

"Because they are great, they are God-fearing, hard-working folks. And a lot of them do jobs that they're willing to do.

That's why, in a hotel, you leave a little tip, you know?"

Kasich: Help Hispanics by tipping the hotel maid? | The Columbus Dispatch

I'm sure he is so tone deaf he has no idea why that is offensive. I thought Kasich was one of the smarter Republican candidates, but apparently I was mistaken.

I hate to sound like John McEnroe, but you cannot be serious.

Despite the fact that no candidate has to pander to Hispanics to get elected, stupid remarks haven't hurt other candidates.

Oh, and as long as you brought up Hispanics and what does/doesn't appeal to them in the "voting booth," maybe they can mount a campaign to ask Univision and Telemundo to air the presidential debates. I'm fluent in Spanish and would love to see that, but they're never aired. Apparently, they'd rather get their "news" from the biased and histrionic Jorge Ramos.

Yup.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:43 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,349,509 times
Quote:
Thank you for making my point. When you say the word Hispanic to most Republicans they can only think of housekeepers, maids, dishwashers, lawn care workers. That, to them, is what being Hispanic means--the hired help. They have no concept of Latinos beyond their own narrow stereotypes.
Well tbh, Hispanics who insert themselves loudly in the immigration debate do not help themselves with this perception.

If you're running around all day asserting that the most valid reason why we should just let Latin America resettle wholesale in the United States at THEIR convenience is because Hispanics "do the jobs Americans don't want to do...." then you really can't expect any other outcome.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:56 AM

62,736 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

I hate to sound like John McEnroe, but you cannot be serious.

Despite the fact that no candidate has to pander to Hispanics to get elected, stupid remarks haven't hurt other candidates.

Oh, and as long as you brought up Hispanics and what does/doesn't appeal to them in the "voting booth," maybe they can mount a campaign to ask Univision and Telemundo to air the presidential debates. I'm fluent in Spanish and would love to see that, but they're never aired. Apparently, they'd rather get their "news" from the biased and histrionic Jorge Ramos.

Yup.
Why in the world would any presidential debate need to be held in Spanish? Most Hispanic citizens know English and only citizens can vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.