Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 04:06 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,388,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Where do you think some of these people I know came from?

The dangerous mindset is the one that blindly slanders everyone from a large group as exactly the same.
You blindly slander your fellow Americans.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:50 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,062,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
You blindly slander your fellow Americans.
Yep. The hypocrisy is amazing.

//www.city-data.com/forum/41259658-post125.html

Old 09-19-2015, 04:57 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,741,518 times
Quote:
It just is. It is the racist play of the 21st century.

Look, I don't like terrorists and extremists anymore than anyone else, and I want them all stopped. And I also don't like many aspects of certain Muslim cultures; there are things that some of them do from an institutional standpoint that are wrong. But we can't be rational, compassionate adults (especially ones who claim to be Christians) and slander every single Muslim as terrorist vermin - what you see in the media about a minority of them just isn't true about all, and it's not fair to all of them.

Most adults are taught at some point in their upbringing that stereotyping everyone of a sex, race, creed, etc. is inaccurate; that the world is more nuanced than everyone of a certain ethnicity being "all the same." And we see certain segments of conservatives failing this basic test of adulthood every day.

Most recent examples:

All Syrian refugees smeared as terrorists on right-wing blogs.

Trump's supporter who wants to "get rid of" all Muslims, to which Trump responds that "we'll be looking at a lot of different things."

Denigrating the 14 year-old Muslim kid with the clock because of his faith and slandering his dad as an extremist - which by all accounts he isn't.

It's just not smart to label all of a certain ethnicity of people as all being a certain way. What you see in the conservative media is not reality. Treating people this way is not Christ-like, and it shows a serious lack of empathy for others.
And yet you can blithely label conservatives as all being racist haters...

Old 09-19-2015, 05:29 PM

78,553 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:

Look, I don't like terrorists and extremists anymore than anyone else, and I want them all stopped. And I also don't like many aspects of certain Muslim cultures; there are things that some of them do from an institutional standpoint that are wrong. But we can't be rational, compassionate adults (especially ones who claim to be Christians) and slander every single Muslim as terrorist vermin - what you see in the media about a minority of them just isn't true about all, and it's not fair to all of them.

Most adults are taught at some point in their upbringing that stereotyping everyone of a sex, race, creed, etc. is inaccurate; that the world is more nuanced than everyone of a certain ethnicity being "all the same." And we see certain segments of conservatives failing this basic test of adulthood every day.

Most recent examples:

Trump's supporter who wants to "get rid of" all Muslims, to which Trump responds that "we'll be looking at a lot of different things."

Denigrating the 14 year-old Muslim kid with the clock because of his faith and slandering his dad as an extremist - which by all accounts he isn't.

It's just not smart to label all of a certain ethnicity of people as all being a certain way. What you see in the conservative media is not reality. Treating people this way is not Christ-like, and it shows a serious lack of empathy for others.
Wow....wish you could delete this thread yet?

In the current state of US media, anyone that makes strong opinions about breaking news is dumb. And by dumb I mean that they should probably have parental or state supervision....maybe some sort of group home that they can live in?

Old 09-19-2015, 05:33 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,205,953 times
Instead of running, why don't those men fight ISIS.. they run and wait for our men to fight while they act like cowards and run. Most of them are able bodied men.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:48 PM

15,877 posts, read 21,475,194 times
It seems like it has become a profoundly Christian thing to do, but being Christian and being Christ-like are two distinct ideas.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:02 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
It seems like it has become a profoundly Christian thing to do, but being Christian and being Christ-like are two distinct ideas.
christ was infinitely wise, many traps were laid for him none of which he stuck his foot in.
to say that millions flee syria and none of them are isis is pretty weak friend. to say that they are friendly or anything but hostile to christians is a gross ignorance of the quran.
what would jesus do? not this my friend.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,812,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Racism? I'd call it commonsense. Have you paid any attention to what Muslims are doing to Christians in the Middle East?
Have you been paying any attention to what some Muslims are doing to other Muslims in the Middle East?

Extremists are equal opportunity destroyers.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:07 PM

15,877 posts, read 21,475,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
christ was infinitely wise, many traps were laid for him none of which he stuck his foot in.
to say that millions flee syria and none of them are isis is pretty weak friend. to say that they are friendly or anything but hostile to christians is a gross ignorance of the quran.
what would jesus do? not this my friend.
What does this have to do with Syria?

A Christian who makes sweeping decisions about Islam is generally the first to criticize me when I point out that as a Jew, most of my experiences with practicing Christians has been poor to downright violent due to their perception of me due to my faith.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:12 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,644,782 times
Quote:

Look, I don't like terrorists and extremists anymore than anyone else, and I want them all stopped. And I also don't like many aspects of certain Muslim cultures; there are things that some of them do from an institutional standpoint that are wrong. But we can't be rational, compassionate adu ts (especially ones who claim to be Christians) and slander every single Muslim as terrorist vermin - what you see in the media about a minority of them just isn't true about all, and it's not fair to all of them.

Most recent examples:

Guess your not aware that Muslims believe Christians are infidels. Most just put up with us but others have a goal to eliminate those who aren't of their belief. Where you get off accusing those you don't know and lump them into this mind set you just did is hardly a great witness for your beliefs either. People were expressing their thoughts not rallying people to persecute,wage a war against, throw them out of the country, close down there businesses and burn down their mosques. Christians were commanded to hate the sin but to love the sinner. You should follow that command yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies