Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 05:51 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Putin, a man of culture? Are you cracked? Seriously?

Putin is a murdering, gangster thug.
The only reason he holds onto power is because if he ever gives it up he cannot trust anyone to not throw him in jail or have him killed for the trail of bodies he's left behind on his way to a personal bank account north of 40 BILLION dollars.

I've never seen anything quite this ignorant on CD ever really.

He's kinda both; he's like a Bond villain.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:23 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
We should all be worried. On the surface this seems a good idea, let Putin put boots on the ground to destroy ISIS, he takes the risk. But Putin has the interests of himself and his own country in mind, not the US. His interests are self-serving - to establish bases in Syria, include Syria and Iran and it's terrorist proxies (Hezzbollah, Hamas) as allies, to gain a foothold in oil rich middle east which allows him to gain leverage elsewhere, to continue to prosper financially by selling arms to Iran and Syria, and to foster and aid instability in the middle east that favors Russian interests. His goal is NOT humanitarian, world peace, and/or middle-east stability or security.

This is what happens when the US removes itself from a global leadership position and pulls back from the world stage - when the US does not make decisions, others make decisions for us, and they will be decisions that hurt, not help, our country in the long run.
Aid instability in the middle east? Serious? You think Russia's presence, at the invitation of the legitimate governments, is going to aid in instability?

Talk about delusional thinking. The US basically created and implemented the instability in the middle east, everything currently happening is due to the US. You are truly delusional if you think somehow now that Russia has entered into it, things are going to become more unstable. What do you call it now, stability?

The US goal is not world peace, humanitarian, stability or anything like that either.

And how has the US removed itself from the world stage? Because it did not invade yet another country? Conduct more airstrikes, uninvited by Syria, on Syrian territory? Because the $500 million to fund terrorists to topple Assad was not enough? Having dozens and dozens of military bases all over the world is not enough? Having the largest Navy by far in the world is not enough? Exactly point to me where the US removed itself from the world stage, because I do not see it, all i see is the US putting its nose into everyone's business, and crying like a child when someone else (Russia) gets involved in something that is near its own border.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:27 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Are you okay with Putin backing al-Assad and taking out ISIS in Syria? Should Israel be worried?
Israel should be worried if Assad falls, that it will have a radical Islamic government on its border.

While Assad and Israel are not friends, Israel accepts the fact it has been relatively quiet and stable for a long time on its Syrian border, and Assad is a known actor, unlike who the hell knows would be running things.

Really, the US policy machine is still overly obsessed with Russia. If this was the UK doing what Russia is doing now, the US would be stating how great the UK is, and how we all should be supporting the UK. The US is acting like the little kid that needs all the attention, and crying because it is not getting it.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:39 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
I am with Russia. The US, for all of its boasting about superior military has only made the world more dangerous, and unstable. Time to put the rabid dog back in a kennel.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:04 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Russia may lose it's bases in Syria if the Assad regime fails.

Russia has the right to compete on the world stage for it's own geopolitical interests, as we do - Which is EXACTLY the point. So lets compete, let's not sit back and fool ourselves and say "oh, Russia has our interests at heart", because they don't. Syria is small potatoes but it represents a bigger issue - US is not longer trying to compete on the world stage.
Hey if the US wants to be another has-been world power country like France or Spain, I guess that's not bad. But those two countries as well, they rely on the US to look at there interests as an ally of the US. They are somewhat covered under our umbrella of protection. Who will cover us now? Canada?
Let me repeat one more time, what I've been saying for quite some time already on this forum;
it was extremely short-sighted on US part to try to eliminate Russia as a world power once and for all back in the nineties, and to try to turn it yet in another third world country, subservient to US corporate interests. ( When the US gov. thought that they had an opening, a chance to accomplish it. I am talking about Clintons specifically -the turncoats, so-called "democrats.")
Russia ( as you have noted) was always supposed to compete with the US on a global stage, but when it comes to radical Islam and expansion of such - they were supposed to come as united front, for a simple reason that both are part of Christendom, in spite of all the differences.
The crucial mistake has been already made in the nineties, and now when it comes to Islamic threat, instead of cooperation - a game of suspicion and animosity; who has bigger ego and who's ego is going to win.
Meanwhile, if you start paying attention - here it goes;

“Russia is an accomplice in Assad’s crimes today, with approval from both the U.S. and the international community to kill us,” said Khoodair Khusheif, an activist in northern Homs Province. “If these raids continue this way, Russia will kill a larger number of civilians that Bashar did in four years.”
He added, sounding sincerely perplexed: “I do not know how the main ally of Bashar al-Assad has been allowed officially to intervene and kill Syrian people. I really don’t understand how a great country like U.S.A. allows Russia to bomb in Syria.”
Russia’s intervention has already led regional powers like Saudi Arabia and Qatar to increase military support to the rebels. Yet the principal impact, analysts and rebel commanders say, will be to further radicalize elements in the opposition, potentially driving more to join forces with the Islamic State or other radical groups."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/wo...ref=world&_r=0

Are we catching the drift here? While Russia and the US are measuring each other up, these "moderate rebels" are bargaining and considering to join... guess whom?

Old 10-02-2015, 12:14 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I am with Russia. The US, for all of its boasting about superior military has only made the world more dangerous, and unstable. Time to put the rabid dog back in a kennel.
This "Isis" thing is indeed a rabid dog that needs to be but back in a kennel, or better else - be put to sleep. And even if Putin pursues his own interests while doing that - so what are other options out there?
Particularly that it can't be said that "no Syrian wants Russians to be there."
I just came across this video from 2012 from Russian news station - the reception of Russian delegation in Damask. I doubt it has been ever shown on American TV; something like that would have been probably deemed as "Putin's propaganda."
But is it really so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=93&v=kFj3RjSA9Zg

Old 10-02-2015, 07:29 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Then you need to start reading the posts the democrats post in here, this doesn't hold a candle to their ignorant posts, they actually support obama..! Hard to believe, isn't it?
They actually support a man who has spend seven years doing everything in his power to bring America to her knees. Destroying the economy, starting a race war, a war against police, hates white people, loves radical Muslims, caused a war between the sexes, a war between the haves and have nots, totally messing up the whole middle east situation, obamacare, open borders, it goes on and on. The man is corrupt and a total failure, and an embarrassment on the world stage.
You're preaching to the choir here about Obama with me, but Putin is a true murdering gangster and everyone knows that. To me you cannot be a man of culture and be a murdering thief at the same time.

Putin is essentially a prisoner in his job because if he ever steps down he'll probably be killed by the thousands of bitter enemies he's made.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:42 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
He's kinda both; he's like a Bond villain.
From Russia with love.

He does seem like a bond villain...good call.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:51 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama blundered mightily on Syria. Not a Bush-in-Iraq blunder, but pretty bad. He got caught in the same trap as Bush did thinking that freedom and democracy would follow the fall of a dictator. The US is forever getting into the same messes because we put ideology in front of common sense. Putin is a pragmatist. He is completely correct that Assad is the best chance of defeating ISIS and bring some stability back to the region, as distasteful as that choice might be. I think Obama has figured that out by now and there will be a good deal more cooperation with Russia and Iran behind the scenes than we will be reading or hearing about. Heck, even the Sunnis might get involved as ISIS is no good for anyone over there.
Except that Russia isn't attacking ISIS, they are attacking anti-Assad rebels.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:55 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default President Obama is taking care of this matter; Pubs can't compete with the excellence he represents

President Obama has been an exceptional leader for 7 years. He is privy to the best and most accurate information about what Russia is doing, and I trust his judgment. He has proven to be the best President we've ever had, and his decisions regarding foreign policy have been far and away superior to anything Republicans propose or have done in the past. Republicans continue to be a farce, whose comments are best ignored.

Again, Putin is head of a country that is a regional, not global power. They are weak economically. Sanctions headed by our great President have not only stopped their attack on the Ukraine, and forced Putin to seek concessions, compromise, and favor. His country is reeling from those sanctions, so whatever limited military effort he contributes must be favorable to the UN (and the US). He must attack ISIS to gain favor, despite his posturing otherwise. President Obama has the upper hand here. So great to have someone intelligent in the White House.

I also applaud the President for exercising RESTRAINT. He doesn't want to send our troops to die in an endless confrontation. Those eternally bickering people in that region only know war and conflict. Best to approach it the way he's doing, which is far and away superior to any "shock and awe" nonsense advanced by Conservatives. Conservatives want to go there and engage militarily, accomplishing nothing but causing every domestic category at home to go into CRISIS MODE. This while ignoring the UN and the international community of nations, our allies. Pubs are pathetic and worthless here.

Also, Republicans need to stop being fooled and sucked in by false media reports. It's easy for ISIS to fool the hapless Pubs. They merely need to put out a fake twitter message, showing fake photos, with a fake headline, and Republicans start screaming and chasing their tails
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies