Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 11:20 AM

2,935 posts, read 6,716,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
YOur argument is laughable..LOL> REally.. where in there did I say that anyone should work for free or not for a profit.. that just doesn't make sense and your argument is a joke... all the people working for the not for profit insurance company would still be getting their salaries, etc! DUH!

THe investors aren't "working"!! What do you think not for profits do? They operate the "business" by covering their operating expenses.. ie; employee wages to take care of the admin costs.. but do not operate at a "profit" to distribute to "investors"!!!

But.. thanks for the laugh..
I can't reply without attacking you... please take a basic class in economics and business. I need you to have a baseline in reality and knowledge of how money works before we can continue the discussion.

A statement like the investors aren't working amplifies the view into the imaginary world that you live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 11:25 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
A statement like the investors aren't working amplifies the view into the imaginary world that you live in.

Thank you - I'm glad you understand

Old 01-31-2008, 11:29 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
I can't reply without attacking you... please take a basic class in economics and business. I need you to have a baseline in reality and knowledge of how money works before we can continue the discussion.

TristansMommy doesn't want a discussion, just an opportunity to rant. That much is obvious. She claims to be paying these exorbitant prices for medical insurance when she clearly doesn't need to, but refuses to consider lower priced options. One can only assume that TristansMommy deliberately chooses to pay huge premiums in order to have something to rant about.

I have been a sole-proprietor for 17 years and fully insured the entire time. My medical/dental coverage costs me $245/month, plus $75/year for an annual membership with the NASE.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:34 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times
Quote:

I don't need to take a busines course toknow that decisions that affect wether someone LIVES OR DIES.. SHOULD NOT BE BASED ON HOW MUCH MONEY SOME ******* WITH AN INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO WOULD MAKE OFF OF IT..

There are plenty of other things inthe world to invest in.. but healthcare should not profit some investors pocket.. I'm sorry.. my life, your life ANYONES life is NOT for sale.. and that means that I , you or anyone out there SHOULDN'T BE TURNED DOWN FOR NEEDED PROCEDURES TO SAVE A BOTTOM LINE AND KEEP INVESTORS HAPPY!!
I'm sure if your daughter was the one who died because the insurance company didn't want to pay for a LIFE SAVING LIVER TRANSPLANT that actually GAVE her a chance at life.. you would feel differently..

I find it disgusting that insurance companies ONLY care about profit.. and
thiis is why HEALTH INSURANCE should not be a PROFIT driven business!! PERIOD!

No business courses, nothing you say will make me feel otherwise. You can have a health insurance company that doesn't operate for profit!! BUT.. it won't happen because of GREED!!!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
TristansMommy doesn't want a discussion, just an opportunity to rant. That much is obvious. She claims to be paying these exorbitant prices for medical insurance when she clearly doesn't need to, but refuses to consider lower priced options. One can only assume that TristansMommy deliberately chooses to pay huge premiums in order to have something to rant about.

I have been a sole-proprietor for 17 years and fully insured the entire time. My medical/dental coverage costs me $245/month, plus $75/year for an annual membership with the NASE.
I've shopped around.. !! It doesn't exist for me.. PERIOD!! Don't assume things you know nothing about!!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
There are plenty of other things inthe world to invest in.. but healthcare should not profit some investors pocket..
So, there should not be any investors to risk their money on development of new drugs? Or, medical equipment? Or new procedures?

Remember - these, and more, are all part of the healthcare arena? AND, without those investors, I can GUARANTEE you that you would not have the number of new, lifesaving, medications that you have today.

Are you willing to forego all of this?

Old 01-31-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I've shopped around.. !! It doesn't exist for me.. PERIOD!! Don't assume things you know nothing about!!
Insurance prices vary by state. They are state regulated.

I have a fantastic BCBS policy - for the two of us - with pre-existing conditions - with no pre approvals required for anything @$600 a month.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

Let me ask you something GLITCH.. what exactly do you get for your $245. How much out of pocket do you need to pay? How much do you pay for your prescriptions.. do you get hospital care? How about OBGYN.. or are you a man and don't need that. I didn't look.. but what state do you live in?

Old 01-31-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
So, there should not be any investors to risk their money on development of new drugs? Or, medical equipment? Or new procedures?

Remember - these, and more, are all part of the healthcare arena? AND, without those investors, I can GUARANTEE you that you would not have the number of new, lifesaving, medications that you have today.

We're not talking about drugs or the developement of it.. we're talking about health insurance coverage.that's for another topic.!

Old 01-31-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

I do pose one question on this topic though.. what good is all that life saving equipment and medication if the price of all that equipment and medication becomes out of reach financially of the people it's meant to help or save? just so that some investor can be guaranteed a certain amount of return on his investment?

Health insurance, health care is more and more becoming OUT of reach for many many Americans, hence the growing number of uninsured. AND.. you would think with how our country is supposed to be #1 in the world, we would have the BEST healthcare in the world.. BUT we are NOT tops on that list!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies