Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 06:39 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,112,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I don't condone it at all, there is bigger picture here. You're removing the freedom of the business owner and handing it over to the transgender customer. That I have a very big problem with.
Because to you freedom and liberty is a one way street that is only entitled to the business owner. To you, the customer has no rights.

Quote:
That's a shocker.
What's a shocker is that you haven't been sued yet for discrimination with these fictional businesses you claim to own.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
I know, right?

Except when laws prevent "all" from being able to ruin someone's business.

If the tranny club members weren't chasing the business that translates (ha) into making a mortgage payment, car payment, food on table for his family (and the same for his employees) out of the door, there would be no complaint.

You don't get to ruin someone's business for any reason. Social Justice Warriors just can't seem to wrap that tiny fact around their "its all about MEEEEEEEE" fat heads.

SO sensitive to social issues to the point of ruining some business owner's income?

Nice bunch of folks. All about themselves.

Their supporters on this issue are no better.
And if you replace the word transgender with Christian, right wingers would be going nuts over this as a violation of religious rights. Funny how you guys only care about some rights, not all.

These were paying customers, the owner chose to discriminate by asking them to leave and not come back.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
And what does a "home" have to do with anything?

As employees of a business or patrons of a business?

There is a difference.
You should ask the person who first asked the difference between a home and private business, only they can answer why they asked that question to begin with.

Also, this thread is about customers being discriminated, so that would be patrons of a business, not employees.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadytoleaveFL View Post
Ok you so you know the difference between a private business and a home..but do you know the what they have in common? They both require money. Your usual customers are the ones that put food on your table and keep you under your roof. If someone were to make your usual customers (customers that keep you in business) uncomfortable, then yes they should leave.

Nowadays it's really scary to own your own business.
These customers were there every week, they too were usual customers. Also what is a "usual customer?" Does that mean one cannot go someplace new because it might scare off the "usual customers?"

A business runs off money and to make money they need customers to enter and spend money. A bar wants more than just the "usual customers," it also wants those that are new to the place so that more people so up and the business makes more money. Asking paying customers to leave and not come back is the opposite of this.

And again, if you replace transgender with Christian, and then right wingers would go nuts about religious rights.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
There is absolutely NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that "trans" is anything more than a mental disorder. It is ridiculous attitudes like yours that is preventing these people from getting the help they need.

As for the case in question... It really takes a special kind of D-bag to sue because you weren't made to feel welcome in one of hundreds of licensed establishments in the city. But instead of moving on to a bar that is more tolerant of their particular "lifestyle" they kick up a fuss and sue for nearly half a million dollars. Nothing quite like reinforcing stereotypes, is there?

Then again, what do you really expect from the Left Coast? They love their freaks almost as much as they love their heroin.
Well thank you for your "scientific research" there, "doctor."

There is also no scientific research that shows religion is anything more than a mental disorder, but it too is a protected class.

Also, I love when right wingers support discrimination when it is discrimination they agree with, but if these were Christians you would be foaming at the mouth to have the head of this bar owner.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:01 AM

15,841 posts, read 21,382,465 times
Quote:
I don't condone it at all, there is bigger picture here. You're removing the freedom of the business owner and handing it over to the transgender customer. That I have a very big problem with.

Once upon a time not very long ago, white business owners lamented the same thing about being forced to serve black customers. "But what happens when our white customers stop showing up because those scary black people are here?" they said. "Tough sh*t," said the powers that be, as they should.

Business owners are not allowed to discriminate against people based on their faith (which is 100% a choice, I should note), gender, race, ethnicity, or physical ability/disability. In some states, that also includes sexuality. Oregon has extended the protection of gender to the trans community.

If you can't follow the law, then you can't operate a business.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:39 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,941,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Because to you freedom and liberty is a one way street that is only entitled to the business owner.
It is a two way street, the transgender customer has the freedom to find a business that will accept them. They have the freedom to complain about it if they can't. They also have the freedom to start their own business.

Quote:
To you, the customer has no rights.
The customer has the right to pick and choose what business's they want to go ot, that shouldn't necessarily mean the business is required to provide them service.

Quote:
What's a shocker is that you haven't been sued yet for discrimination with these fictional businesses you claim to own.
I can carte less what my customers do, what color they are or what their politics are. I'm a live and let live kind of guy. Today most of business is done over the phone/web and in the past on the phone and at the customers home. Their actions would not affect me anyway. My only concern is the color of their money.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:33 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,502,558 times
It's a states right issue. I thought that made all you righties get all tingly in the legs. Once again the hatred and bile from the small-minded turns a thread into a cesspool.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:36 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,412,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I hope I was able to clarify that for you.
Yes, I understand perfectly A former female who is a transgendered male and now really is a male (in liberal thought) but if he is still attracted to women after becoming a man, he is a "gay transgender". Ditto the opposite--the once-male who was attracted to women but transgendered to female and is still attracted to women after becoming a female is now a "straight transgender". Got it.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:24 AM

30,768 posts, read 21,907,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Actually Chaz is a transgender man who identifies as straight.
Chaz is an example of a confused dysfunctional, alcoholic drug addict, Hetero turned Les turned TG, who is held up as some kind model in the LGBT community

That being said, she/he should not be turned away at any bar, tax paying citizen and all, but I'm still going to say Crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.