Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2015, 07:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You can't argue with pot-heads.
They have all the answers.

Legalizing pot was a bone-headed move. I don't think anyone really believed that medical marijuana nonsense; they just wanted the pot-heads' votes. The end of this story is way down the road, and yet to be seen.
It ain't gonna be pretty.

Yeah, freedom is a b*** ain't it? I mean, we need big daddy gubbermint to tell us as individuals what we can and cannot consume, and use force against its citizens if they don't comply, because you feel "icky" about it.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:38 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Is that a joke page or are they actually serious??
It´s satire

Old 09-29-2015, 09:13 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Mj proponents love to tell all the rest of us how harmless their chosen drug is....

One intended or unintended consequence of ....
What is upsetting to me is a government official with arrest powers being such a vocal proponent of taking legal action against someone to save them from themselves.

I don't smoke pot and have zero desire to do so. I did my brief pot smoking back in my college days, and I'm guessing it amounted to under a dozen times.

That being said, why should the government sanction people for smoking a plant? Is it because it's bad for you? If so, shouldn't we also ban things like alcohol? Since we also see people ruin their lives by gambling, do you also think we should completely ban gambling?

With the exception of medical use, I think smoking pot is a rather dumb thing to do. However, I also think sitting around watching tv all the time while stuffing your face with cheeseburgers and fries while blowing up to 300 pounds is a dumb thing to do, but I don't want to criminalize dumb things people do that only do harm to themselves.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:32 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That being said, why should the government sanction people for smoking a plant? Is it because it's bad for you?
Because some government (and private sector) officials are literally invested in doing so. They're involved in the profit making aspect of the 'WOD', and don't want to see their rice bowl taken away. Lower level minions might not see as much profit from it but they benefit in other ways; i.e. having power over others. For some that's as enjoyable and addictive as a drug.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:54 AM

714 posts, read 747,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Wow.. stirred up the natives... I thought pot was supposed to make you mellow?

Synthetic marijuana mimics the effects of thc receptors in the brain..

The head of the DEA today spoke at length about the dangers of poly-pharmacy and MJ.. and how it reduces the ability to make good decisions.. which is also one of the reasons we see DUI MJ coupled with alcohol at an all time high,,, hey that was a funny,,, not...

A permissive attitude towards marijuana has the consequence of dumbing down the harm of other drugs.. at least thats what the juveniles I speak with tell me ... pot being easier to obtain now than alcohol here in California...

Its harvest time and a busy time for us... the stink weed and low lifes in the area are really generating the complaints from the citizens...
It is unfortunate we only have two public resource officers to cite for the illegal grows but that program is just ramping up and its year one of the ordinance (which as an aside will stay even if pot is legalized,, because the Sups have already said counties have the right to regulate) .. and while we can put together an fair amount of personnel to pull plants it still takes time from other things.. but its worth it.. giving the community what they ask for

Yes the consequence of permissive.. it isnt any big deal.. use drugs.. pot is harmless.. is that people will experiment... and want to get more high... and will smoke more.. and add other adulterants to get higher quicker cheaper faster

As far as handing it to me,,, fat chance.. the only thing pot heads hand me is horse pucky... :-)

Nepe is right on with his or her info except one tiny fact
It frys your brain like meth and can easily kill you.. and "pure" or not is a roll of the life roulette wheel.. anyone who admits use is really really sick and needs help.. compassion.. and treatment

Ask Leary how pure LSD worked out for him and the merry pranksters
We saw this in the late 60s and 70s with drug use and MJ (which at the time was 2-5% thc.. not 35 % like now.. and climbing through the use of chemicals and additives) and how people with permissive attitudes looked for harder designer drugs,,,

History repeating itself?

It appears so...

It's hilarious how you type these long responses, someone must've struck a nerve...

I've heard that anti-freeze is deadly when consumed by humans. Let's outlaw beer.

See, I can cook up nonsensical logical fallacies with no backing as well.

I'll just sit back and watch you continue to make a fool of yourself. Sorry that there are people who smoke weed that are more successful than you, just learn to accept it.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:56 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
If you think about WHO is on the receiving end of many of these laws that most think are never enforced, you'd understand why there's so much resentment between the Police and certain communities.

We see people being harassed over a plant while Wall Streeters snort coke with impunity and rob the country blind.

Old 09-29-2015, 03:02 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If you think about WHO is on the receiving end of many of these laws that most think are never enforced, you'd understand why there's so much resentment between the Police and certain communities.

We see people being harassed over a plant while Wall Streeters snort coke with impunity and rob the country blind.
Hyperbole much?

Old 09-29-2015, 03:04 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I don't think anyone really believed that medical marijuana nonsense...
You know, there's more to it than that anyway. We tend to think in terms of "sick" or "well" -- black and white. But what about enhancement, wellness?
Quote:
Cannabis, used responsibly, can have many benefits that go beyond established medical or palliative care. These include its ability to extend patience and promote self examination; to awaken a sense of wonder and playfulness, and openness to spiritual experience; to enhance the flavor of a meal, the sound of music, or the sensitivity of a lover’s touch; to open the mind and inspire creativity; to bring poetry to language and spontaneity to a performer; to catalyze laughter, facilitate friendship, and bridge human differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
this thread is making look forward to being in Holland next week.
Have fun and be well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Is that a joke page or are they actually serious?
Yup, satire, although it's not really that far from what we've been told on these many threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanLaw View Post
Go back to your chic tracts.
Oh wow, I never thought of that but that's priceless.

Maybe notmeofficer can lecture us on the dangers of getting too caught up in Dark Dungeons next.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:23 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I truly hope you don't get cancer one day and choose to take some strong chemo and/or radiation and have side-effects.

Medicinal Marijuana and Cancer Treatment

Or get Multiple Sclerosis:

Can Medical Marijuana Treat Multiple Sclerosis?

You just might have a different view on these "pot heads" if you were in their shoes.

You know what? No. I hope he/she DOES get cancer. My fiance was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at age 29. At the end, he was given a punk liquid by the dr to help his appetite. It didn't. Cannabis is the ONLY thing that made him eat; and it helped his anxiety to boot.

So you, medical mj denier, and people like you can kindly fahk off because you have NO IDEA what you're talking about and your stupidity has harmed others for far too long

Old 09-30-2015, 06:03 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
You know what? No. I hope he/she DOES get cancer. My fiance was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at age 29. At the end, he was given a punk liquid by the dr to help his appetite. It didn't. Cannabis is the ONLY thing that made him eat; and it helped his anxiety to boot.

So you, medical mj denier, and people like you can kindly fahk off because you have NO IDEA what you're talking about and your stupidity has harmed others for far too long

I am very sorry this is going on with your fiancé, I do hope he is doing better.

See, I think this officer doesn't look at folks individually, so his training has him profiling certain folks. He's profiling, as he was trained to do. Not free thinking that MMJ would help certain people with their ails.

To lobby for MMJ, then constantly put down the people who benefit from it, dude has no idea, only what he is taught and told.

Onward!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies