Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 07:54 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Dispute the report and statistics or just blow more mj smoke ...

Well.. Can you and the other proponents address all the points? Too much reality? Too painful to accept damaging others along with yourselves ?

Drug users when faced with reality attack... That's all they can do.

While the lives of some proponents will be filled with swirling smoke today while fleeing reality I'll be improving the quality of life for everyone in my community today...

Today I'll be at several schools sharing messages and plans for young people to escape the clutches of mj use and a dumbed down life. Ill explain how mj makes one more "stupid" by actual iq scores. We... A number of us will demonstrate and model the holistic beauty of a life free from substance abuse. It feels good..
Safe and sober grad... Every fifteen minutes.. Friday night live programs all help young people prepare for the challenges of the future... Mj proponents can only offer ... Drug use.. Stark difference. People like me offer reality.. You can only offer mj...

.I wonder how good the life of a drug user feels. From the people I meet hourly not very good I imagine. All the stories about great sex and fine dining don't match any of the evidence ... But mj users can allude themselves all they like.. That's what druguse does to the core.. Trick the mind..dull the senses .. Short circuit good behavior

It's going to be a great day improving the world and recognizing our hope fora better future.. And to help the quarter of the population who feels the need to be high to handle life... Short circuiting their existence

How about you .. What are you going to do today to improve the world... Reduce the scourge of drug use and the misery it heaps upon all of us ?

The lies are those of drug users..stop lying to yourself. And we wonder why negative consequences follow mj use.

BBM

Walk a mile in my shoes see what is the lesser of two evils, MMJ or oxycontin.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:58 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
The Reefer Madness crowd is just like the anti-gun crowd. When you shut down their BS propaganda, the stereotypes that they hit us with, and hit them with facts, and logic they resort to more name calling, talking in circles, spin and more lies.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:30 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The Reefer Madness crowd is just like the anti-gun crowd. When you shut down their BS propaganda, the stereotypes that they hit us with, and hit them with facts, and logic they resort to more name calling, talking in circles, spin and more lies.
Wow.. That was my statement almost verbatim... Substitute "doper" for reefer and you have it correct.But do you care to discuss the FACTS laod put in the report or just kill electrons?

Keep telling us all why drugs are so good for the world again?

Old 10-08-2015, 08:32 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I am self-employed, very technical, and very creative.

Today I will be creating goods for the world to use, like I do most every day. I am like the majority of most cannabis users. I am responsible.

You, on the other hand, will undoubtedly turn a few kids off today towards law enforcement, especially if those kids are teens. The seeds you sow today are likely the ones that will blossom into Baltimore style riots in the not too distant future.

Way to go, pal.
He'd never understand. Trust me.

He doesn't even understand that he's trying to lock us up while we pay for him. He wants to argue with us that we deserve to be locked up while we pay his damn salary.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:39 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,991,441 times
My thought is this. Yes MJ has some negative consequences, but so does pretty much everything in the world. Fried Chicken can cause obesity which is very unhealthy, should fried chicken be illegal? Cars can be VERY unsafe and can easily cause harm, should those be illegal? Alcohol? Aspirin? Caffeine? Say good-bye to your morning coffee or Coke. What about paint? People huff paint. Should paint now be illegal? The obvious one is nicotine. Following the OPs logic, this should have been illegal forever ago and current abusers should be locked up forever. I could go on and on. The point is, everything out there can be bad for you and can ruin families, but shouldn't the choice be left up to the citizens and not some government looking to make a buck but mask it as safety?

Old 10-08-2015, 08:44 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Wow.. That was my statement almost verbatim... But do you care to discuss the FACTS laod put in the report or just kill electrons?

I don't care to continue to rehash the BS propaganda that you continue to spew. You've been proven wrong countless times on the many threads regarding cannabis, and a growing majority of Americans favor ending prohibition as they realize that prohibition is an absolute failure, and causes more harm to innocent people here and abroad due to the black market that surrounds it, than the actual substance you're prohibiting could ever cause! I realize that your fear of losing your easy payday from shaking down folks for cannabis, but times are indeed changing. While you're worried about people growing cannabis, possessing it, or using it, in the meantime another murder just went unsolved, and another rapist just got away! Furthermore, there are substances 1,000 times worse than cannabis wreaking havoc on folks daily in terms of deaths by overdose, and destroying families, yet you're focusing on people who want to use a natural substance as a means to unwind! FOCUS ON S*** THAT MATTERS FOR ONCE!!!

Old 10-08-2015, 09:22 AM

307 posts, read 245,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
He'd never understand. Trust me.

He doesn't even understand that he's trying to lock us up while we pay for him. He wants to argue with us that we deserve to be locked up while we pay his damn salary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
My thought is this. Yes MJ has some negative consequences, but so does pretty much everything in the world. Fried Chicken can cause obesity which is very unhealthy, should fried chicken be illegal? Cars can be VERY unsafe and can easily cause harm, should those be illegal? Alcohol? Aspirin? Caffeine? Say good-bye to your morning coffee or Coke. What about paint? People huff paint. Should paint now be illegal? The obvious one is nicotine. Following the OPs logic, this should have been illegal forever ago and current abusers should be locked up forever. I could go on and on. The point is, everything out there can be bad for you and can ruin families, but shouldn't the choice be left up to the citizens and not some government looking to make a buck but mask it as safety?
This^^

(S)He has proven to just spit out "facts" and require the rest of us to refute them, when in 'fact' His/Her "fact" sheet is full of the most biased opinionated propaganda to be found. I poked fun at the OP in the beginning because as many of us see, there is troll like behavior from the OP in these threads. Then the OP asked me to be a bit more mature and "talk about and discuss" some things with Him/Her. I tried talking about some of the things OP posted...and was ignored. However, a troll (S)he is not. Ignorant, closed minded, near-sighted, myopic, and IMO a bit of a bigot...nah I take that back...a full on bigot, yes. In fact the OP is so near-sighted that the constant squinting to see the real world has allowed that Thin Blue Line to completely blind him/her from seeing the truth as we see it. Of course the OP will just come back and say it's our bloodshot pie-eyed stoner squint that is keeping us from seeing the 'real' truth....and here is where the conundrum lies.

The OP wants to be god and control all aspects of life as (S)He sees fit, so go on OP, be that fictional story book character and preach your all knowing teachings to us...we are all ears.....
not.

This thread has gone dull and boring and I suspect the broken record is about to play again, so I'm out a here to go smell some flowers.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:50 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Quote:
...while fleeing reality...
You have such banal and rigid (and, frankly, BORING) ideas about reality and consciousness. How do you know what it feels like to be another human consciousness?
Quote:
Today I'll be at several schools sharing messages and plans for young people to escape the clutches of mj use and a dumbed down life.
I think a more effective message would be SAFE USAGE -- moderation, responsibility, right time and place, etc. Your 'abstinence-only' message is likely pretty ineffective. Kids are going to use cannabis. Why not equip them with information on the safe way, the moderate way, the adult way to use it rather than saying "don't ever use it?" That way, when it comes time for them to try it, they might actually use some of what you told them, might remember it, might understand it was reasonable advice, rather than flat-out rejecting your zero tolerance "never do it" ideas and the zero real-world information you provided.

Also, stupid laws breed contempt for other laws.
Quote:
It feels good...
Lots of things feel good. Enjoying cannabis on occasion doesn't make one an addict or a hopeless waste.
Quote:
I wonder how good the life of a drug user feels.
Experimenting with psychoactive substances has been one of the most interesting and enlightening things I've ever done.
Quote:
All the stories about great sex and fine dining don't match any of the evidence...
What Are You Talking About? What do you not understand about how it enhances music (wonderfully), taste, togetherness, orgasms, appreciation of art, ideation? Are you just saying I'm lying? Why would I continue to use it if it were negative? I mean, you make no sense.
Quote:
But mj users can allude themselves all they like... That's what drug use does to the core... trick the mind... dull the senses... short circuit good behavior.
I think the word you're trying to use is "delude." And how are you such an expert when you haven't even experimented yourself?? It's like someone who's never been to New Zealand trying to tell other people who HAVE been to New Zealand how terrible New Zealand is and how nobody should ever visit New Zealand. We've been there and we know you're full of cr@p.

And then going and trying to tell children to never ever visit New Zealand either. Some of those kids are gonna go to New Zealand, maybe it would be better to tell them how to be responsible about visiting New Zealand.

And what are you calling "good behavior?" Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson's two rules for life are a) learn something new every day and b) lessen the suffering of others. My rule is be an artist, or a scientist, or a helper. Don't be a controller. Use evidence-based thinking. Good behavior? Good behavior is in NO WAY mutually exclusive with using exogenous psychoactive molecules responsibly.

Here's a great interview with Dr. Carl Hart, who is the anti-notmeofficer. Recommended listening: Dr. Carl Hart - 2nd Interview - Joe Rogan Podcast

Here's a short essay by the great Dr. Carl Sagan that might help you understand:
Quote:
The cannabis experience has greatly improved my appreciation for art, a subject which I had never much appreciated before. The understanding of the intent of the artist which I can achieve when high sometimes carries over to when I'm down. This is one of many human frontiers which cannabis has helped me traverse.

A very similar improvement in my appreciation of music has occurred with cannabis. For the first time I have been able to hear the separate parts of a three-part harmony and the richness of the counterpoint. I have since discovered that professional musicians can quite easily keep many separate parts going simultaneously in their heads, but this was the first time for me. Again, the learning experience when high has at least to some extent carried over when I'm down.

The enjoyment of food is amplified; tastes and aromas emerge that for some reason we ordinarily seem to be too busy to notice. I am able to give my full attention to the sensation. A potato will have a texture, a body, and taste like that of other potatoes, but much more so.

Cannabis also enhances the enjoyment of sex - on the one hand it gives an exquisite sensitivity, but on the other hand it postpones orgasm, in part by distracting me with the profusion of image passing before my eyes. The actual duration of orgasm seems to lengthen greatly.

The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
Yah, well said Carl.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 10-08-2015 at 12:15 PM..

Old 10-08-2015, 12:09 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The Reefer Madness crowd is just like the anti-gun crowd.
That analogy occurred to me as well. It all stems from the Appeal to Authority and the Need to Control Others.
Quote:
Keep telling us all why drugs are so good for the world again?
Listen to the Podcast I posted above, for a new perspective. Read Chasing the Scream, which I linked to earlier. These molecules are tools. Why is iron-fisted zero-tolerance authority good for the world again? Why is locking people up for a victimless crime good for the world again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
The point is, everything out there can be bad for you and can ruin families, but shouldn't the choice be left up to the citizens and not some government looking to make a buck but mask it as safety?
YES

Old 10-08-2015, 05:12 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Thank you for the spelling lesson.. I will be reminded my smartphone changes spellings all the time and while I catch most of them I multi-task while talking to people whose existence is drug focused... Occasionally I make human mistakes . I will allude to the fact that marijuana is a disaster.. I will do so by evidence provided. I am however not deluded into believing folks who seek drugs have any desire to self examine their addiction. So far not one of you has refuted any of the evidence I provided ...from which certain assumptions can be made;

Mj makes the user have less ability to concentrate
Mj users have less ability to critically analyze data
Mj users will go to any lengths to dismiss any evidence that actually shows the negative realities associated with pot.

Made three high schools today .. Almost 700 students.. Very well received.. Many follow-up interest cards were received...
The anti drug student liaison signed up many perspective volunteers
It was a good day.. Some young people get it..they understand that to excel in the world pot is not part of the equation. The stoners were also self evident.. They stand out.. Or should I say looked zoned out.
Anytime a young person shows focus and isn't attracted to drugs I consider any effort made worth it.

Mj is not a victimless crime... Hundreds to thousands of people are murdered for your drug of choice. You sitting getting high may sound innocent.. Think about the wet bringing it across the border.. Or the illegal dropped into our forest to grow or die... And that pot finds its way into your pipe... Happens everyday... And as Colorado has demonstrated no slowdown of black market dope has occurred...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-08-2015 at 05:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies