Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 08:24 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,515,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
He doesn't get it. He's never going to get it. He thinks that law enforcement is always right, even if they gouge out the eyeballs of suspects. He thinks that MJ is the equivalent of meth. Do your own math.
That poster isn't a cop, just some desperate out of work senior who was traumatized by "Reefer Madness".

Old 10-09-2015, 08:58 AM

307 posts, read 244,812 times
OK, so last night while the wife and I were sitting on the back porch, after dinner was done, cleaned up, kido put to bed and chores completed, we were having a few pre-bedtime tokes where we talk about the days events(we work in the same field, so it's a lot of fun to talk about what issues we were presented with and how we resolved them...we learn from each other) anyway...

I ran across this article that I actually think....no, I HOPE the OP and I, well not just me but all responsible MJ users can find some common ground on...

Federal authorities raid rash of illegal Colorado pot grows

From the article....
Quote:
Authorities have raided at least five marijuana grows on federal land and sixth on private property since late August. Investigators seized more than 20,000 pot plants, and more than 30 people face federal charges. Walsh says the arrested include Cuban and Mexican nationals.

The U.S. Justice Department has said it would not interfere with state marijuana laws as long as officials make efforts to keep the drug from criminal drug cartels, other states and from growing on federal land.
OP, can we agree on some points here??

1) These illegal grows destroy our national forests, the manner in which they are planted, cared for and harvested or pulled by LE is damaging to the land because these grows are not a part of the natural ecosystem, and those that are caring for the plants are most likely camped out in the woods and trashing them as they live there. Agree OP?

2)These Cuban and Mexican 'nationals' do not belong here, it is these foreigners that are perpetrating the vial and unspeakable acts you describe, not the average American toking up after a day of hard work. Agree OP?

3)Indirectly related to the article... and to clarify something...while I will support businesses in CO, OR and WA that sell rec. MJ, I would have no problem with laws being changed to reflect a more " grow your own" mentality...that is to say- If you ( an adult of proper age) can grow your own, indoors, with limits (CO's grow laws are a perfect example, OR's too) in your own home, under lock and key, then you shall not be impeded by LE in any way. No selling to others! sharing with friends however is just what we do, no-one likes to burn alone It seems to me that would but a big dent in the pockets of these foreigners by giving them less of a black market to sustain. Would that be something you could agree with...at least a little...OP?

This whole thing made me think of a question...what does LE / DEA do to revitalize the land after a large pull like this? Do they just walk away and leave barren land for the rains to wash out or do the Feds or local depts. do something to help?

Old 10-09-2015, 08:59 AM

321 posts, read 416,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Doper is a definition in a dictionary
Behavior is the outcome
There are dopers and there are users... I think the differences are pretty clear.. 10-25 percent of the marijuana users are dopers..
The rest are.......
Lacking self awareness
Misguided
Lost
Morally hurting
Have poor or low self esteem
Weak willed
Or just plain dumb

It about behavior not the plant
How is it that you can be reasonable toward the end of your post but personally attack members of this board at the beginning?

Old 10-09-2015, 09:08 AM

307 posts, read 244,812 times
Quote:
Sorry.. I also have responsibilities which take precedance over chatting with mj afficiandos. Your childish references to running off display stupidity on your part and reinforce doper mentality.

OK

Solutions...

I have more... But that's a start
Quote:
Doper is a definition in a dictionary
Behavior is the outcome
There are dopers and there are users... I think the differences are pretty clear.. 10-25 percent of the marijuana users are dopers..
The rest are.......
Lacking self awareness
Misguided
Lost
Morally hurting
Have poor or low self esteem
Weak willed
Or just plain dumb

Some percentage can "handle" the effects of narcotic use and stay on the rails just "fine".. Even they however pay a price for being unconscious

Lowering of iq.. On average 7-10 points is something that occurs in the formative brain .. A permanent effect of heavy mj use

It about behavior not the plant
Damn, I posted my last post before I saw this....

I'm not optimistic that I will get a rational response to my post now, but I'll stick around anyway...

BTW- Bigot has it's own definition in the dictionary

If you can refer to us responsible adult MJ users as 'dopers' then can we agree it's ok to refer to you as a bigot ( merriam-webster's definition) ?

Last edited by LostintheMatrix; 10-09-2015 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: my doper mind just thought of something to add ;)

Old 10-09-2015, 11:25 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,071,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleroy View Post
How is it that you can be reasonable toward the end of your post but personally attack members of this board at the beginning?
Uh... No you're flat wrong
I do my utmost best not to attack anyone personally and try to not use the word "you"... I'm not perfect and it may slip in at some point
On the other hand I am the regular brunt of very personal insults and even as far as threats by mj proponents... But..I have come to expect this from people who use drugs.
My explanation of doper vs user was very clear... Backed up by evidence of addiction and behavior and dictionary definitions

I don't have time to talk to people in my position about mj like I do on this board... In my day it would be a short contact...advise... Or enforce..

Getting inside the heads of people whose life involves mj... And sometimes what seems to be lifes pursuit for marijuana is both saddening and illuminating

Old 10-09-2015, 11:31 AM

321 posts, read 416,720 times
Quote:
Uh... No you're flat wrong
I do my utmost best not to attack anyone personally and try to not use the word "you"... I'm not perfect and it may slip in at some point
On the other hand I am the regular brunt of very personal insults and even as far as threats by mj proponents... But..I have come to expect this from people who use drugs.
My explanation of doper vs user was very clear... Backed up by evidence of addiction and behavior and dictionary definitions

I don't have time to talk to people in my position about mj like I do on this board... In my day it would be a short contact...advise... Or enforce..

Getting inside the heads of people whose life involves mj... And sometimes what seems to be lifes pursuit for marijuana is both saddening and illuminating
I'm going to assume that you're posting from your phone instead of not having a rudimentary grasp of the English language.

I agree with your separate definitions actually.

Maybe you should try to talk to other people in your position about this, it might give you a new perspective, or just more facts. Talking with a few LE friends sure has opened my eyes on many subjects, especially drugs and their benefits/consequences.

That last sentence makes absolutely no sense to me. You don't need to "get inside" of my head. If someones life pursuit is Marijuana, that is pretty sad unless they are a medical professional or in the legal marijuana profession. I don't know many people in which all they do is "pursue" marijuana.

Heroin? Yeah, I've known too many people pursuing that. Nasty stuff, never touched it myself.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
OK, so last night while the wife and I were sitting on the back porch, after dinner was done, cleaned up, kido put to bed and chores completed, we were having a few pre-bedtime tokes where we talk about the days events(we work in the same field, so it's a lot of fun to talk about what issues we were presented with and how we resolved them...we learn from each other) anyway...

If you use high potency marijuana science demonstrates you will not remember accurately those precious events

I ran across this article that I actually think....no, I HOPE the OP and I, well not just me but all responsible MJ users can find some common ground on...

Federal authorities raid rash of illegal Colorado pot grows

From the article....

OP, can we agree on some points here??

1) These illegal grows destroy our national forests, the manner in which they are planted, cared for and harvested or pulled by LE is damaging to the land because these grows are not a part of the natural ecosystem, and those that are caring for the plants are most likely camped out in the woods and trashing them as they live there. Agree OP?

Are you saying leos damage the environment from pulling marijuana ? Or are you really saying the toxic soup of chemicals ..trash.. Batteries in streams.. Streams being damed up water being diverted... Plants and trees eradicated Animals killed by toxic bait.. Toxic pesticides and herbicides are doing the damage? And the 50k average cleanup cost to our county taxpayers isn't worth it?

That's like saying the environment is damaged from you demolishlng your home after a fire...

2)These Cuban and Mexican 'nationals' do not belong here, it is these foreigners that are perpetrating the vial and unspeakable acts you describe, not the average American toking up after a day of hard work. Agree OP?

Yes..they don't belong here ..we agree

I don't meet many hardcore mj folks who work...in my county they are on social welfare .. While we're at it mj use should absolutely be a disqualifier for public assistance
The average American doesn't have a clue where their dope comes from. As the report from Colorado showed even legal growers cheat and lie... Some with regularity.. The state had to seize a number of poisonous crops

3)Indirectly related to the article... and to clarify something...while I will support businesses in CO, OR and WA that sell rec. MJ, I would have no problem with laws being changed to reflect a more " grow your own" mentality...that is to say- If you ( an adult of proper age) can grow your own, indoors, with limits (CO's grow laws are a perfect example, OR's too) in your own home, under lock and key, then you shall not be impeded by LE in any way. No selling to others! sharing with friends however is just what we do, no-one likes to burn alone It seems to me that would but a big dent in the pockets of these foreigners by giving them less of a black market to sustain. Would that be something you could agree with...at least a little...OP?

Colorados black market is burgeoning because of many factors... Insatiable appetite being the driving force

For documented medical conditions with tight restrictions... Maybe... But living and working in a grow your own county with restrictions year one has us very busy with non compliance... Next year will be better as our out of area growers get a harvest taken tend not to return
Sharing..interesting.. But no.. All that does is turn into a black market economy. We have a full time officer that handles all the Craigslist and "trade" traffic.. Which is already illegal

This whole thing made me think of a question...what does LE / DEA do to revitalize the land after a large pull like this? Do they just walk away and leave barren land for the rains to wash out or do the Feds or local depts. do something to help?
We do.. We have a reforestation plan with calfire and private contractors... Sometimes in remote grows we have to spend money for heliseeding...similar to after a devastating wildfire.. Extremely costly. Right now seizure funds from grows only pays ten percent of the costs of cleanup... Many grows are unoccupied.. Suspects flee.. Or are Mexican nationals that never appear for court... Some end up murdered...
The money is far away...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-09-2015 at 12:26 PM..

Old 10-09-2015, 11:50 AM

Responsible drug abuse... Is it actually possible...Now that's one for discussion with my brethren today...
I bid you .. Good day

Old 10-09-2015, 11:51 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,186,836 times
Quote:
Responsible drug abuse... Is it actually possible...Now that's one for discussion with my brethren today...
I bid you .. Good day
You don't know the difference between use, and abuse.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:07 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,092,827 times
I'll take all you "dopers" over this pig anyday.

I wish the LEAP people would go to bat against the establishment. I don't talk to enough cops to know, but I'd be willing to say a lot of them don't care about MJ. I remember the Police Chief of DC speaking out against it. She basically said, "People don't want a mom running around telling them what to do." She felt there were real crimes to deal with and there wasn't justification for the enforcement.

The OP clearly has a persistent agenda to keep the war on drugs going. This is more political than it is "current events" as there's no breaking research about the plant or epidemics.

I find it strange that every poster pretty much has the same sentiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies