Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 10:09 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Marijuana was legal in the US until the depression when migrant workers from Mexico were no longer needed (nor welcome) in the United States. Since many of the migrant laborers smoked marijuana, it was thought that banning marijuana would encourage them to go back home, thus freeing jobs for unemployed Americans. The "War on Drugs" has always had a strong racial component. The opium exclusion act of 1909 only only to the opium processed for smoking that was favored by Chinese immigrants —not the medicinal opium that white Americans commonly kept in their household medicine cabinets, it was not by coincidence that the criminalization of opium came about at a time when America had already built most of it's rail system and were left with a large number of now 'undesirable' unemployed chinese immigrants. I could go on but hopefully I made my point.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:11 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Don't give this guy a second thought. His mind is closed. They teach all LEO's this C R A P.

I have leukemia. I take a chemo pill every day for the rest of my life to keep the cancer in check. The first 3 years on this pill I spent in the bathroom. Doctors wanted to give me more pills to alleviate those symptoms. But there are no drug studies on combining more and more medicines. So I chose Medical MJ. And it worked perfectly without any side effects.

So now I grow my own. Just harvested 6 beautiful plants in my small backyard. My neighbors and I never smelled anything, contrary to what NMO says. And my plants are pesticide free.

NMO wants a 10-year FDA study on marijuana. He has his head in the sand if he doesn't think they have been studying it for years. They know it works. The government has been growing it for years and years.

NMO called me a doper. He called me Granny six plant. In my opinion, he is a disgrace to his profession. He is arrogant and thinks he is a supreme being, constantly degrading anyone who dares to go against his personal beliefs.

I wonder if when he signs off "Onward" if he is referring himself to a Christian Soldier? LOL

So very sorry that you are fighting such a horrible disease. Blessings to you.

You are no doper, you are not a granny six plant, you are a person who is living proof that MMJ works better than any narcotic and no worries about dependency. The dependency is what make people act like fools when they commit armed robberies to get their fix. MJ users do not go to that extreme.

So, you grow your own! I'd like some pointers..

As far as the onward, I make a remark one time and said, time to move onward! it seems to have stuck.

Onward!

Old 10-13-2015, 10:21 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Don't give this guy a second thought. His mind is closed. They teach all LEO's this C R A P.

I have leukemia. I take a chemo pill every day for the rest of my life to keep the cancer in check. The first 3 years on this pill I spent in the bathroom. Doctors wanted to give me more pills to alleviate those symptoms. But there are no drug studies on combining more and more medicines. So I chose Medical MJ. And it worked perfectly without any side effects.

So now I grow my own. Just harvested 6 beautiful plants in my small backyard. My neighbors and I never smelled anything, contrary to what NMO says. And my plants are pesticide free.

NMO wants a 10-year FDA study on marijuana. He has his head in the sand if he doesn't think they have been studying it for years. They know it works. The government has been growing it for years and years.

NMO called me a doper. He called me Granny six plant. In my opinion, he is a disgrace to his profession. He is arrogant and thinks he is a supreme being, constantly degrading anyone who dares to go against his personal beliefs.

I wonder if when he signs off "Onward" if he is referring himself to a Christian Soldier? LOL

God bless you in your fight against such a horrible disease! The very fact that anyone would continue to support prohibition policies and deny folks the means to alternatives that will help in alleviating the symptoms of what ails them due to money and pandering to special interests (that's all this is about, and always has been) is immoral as well as criminal! Good luck, and keep up the good fight.

Onward!

Old 10-13-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
God bless you in your fight against such a horrible disease! The very fact that anyone would continue to support prohibition policies and deny folks the means to alternatives that will help in alleviating the symptoms of what ails them due to money and pandering to special interests (that's all this is about, and always has been) is immoral as well as criminal! Good luck, and keep up the good fight.

Onward!

I couldn't rep you..well said.

I don't have this rep thing down. I try and it keeps telling me to spread the reps around..

Old 10-13-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post

I couldn't rep you..well said.

I don't have this rep thing down. I try and it keeps telling me to spread the reps around..

But I can rep you, and thanks! I think people are waking up to the fact that prohibition is a failure. It's only taking 70 plus years to finally sink in. Now, I'd still like to know where that amendment for prohibition of cannabis is in the Constitution, like with the amendment for prohibition of alcohol?

Old 10-13-2015, 10:31 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
You are no doper, you are not a granny six plant, you are a person who is living proof that MMJ works better than any narcotic and no worries about dependency. The dependency is what make people act like fools when they commit armed robberies to get their fix. MJ users do not go to that extreme.
So as long as we have reality exposed like this, I would like to expand on it and combine it with 2sleepy's post.

These posters are proof of why big pharma (along with several other big industries) is scared to death of legalization, and have been for decades. They knew even back then (40+ years ago) that if they lined the legislator's pockets handsomely enough they would go out of their way to make sure the plant stays demonized and criminalized. Spending millions doing this protected billions in profit.

So, the horribly damaging war on this plant started with wanting to make life tough for Mexican and Asian immigrants, hoping they would leave, and has been continued for almost 8 decades by corrupt politicians who have been exploiting and exhibiting "Reefer Madness" ever since.

It was NEVER about the effects the plant has on humans when consumed. Because of the very effective brain-washing by the government, almost 100% of the population who have never tried it are very misinformed about those effects (especially nmo).

Old 10-13-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
So as long as we have reality exposed like this, I would like to expand on it and combine it with 2sleepy's post.

These posters are proof of why big pharma (along with several other big industries) is scared to death of legalization, and have been for decades. They knew even back then (40+ years ago) that if they lined the legislator's pockets handsomely enough they would go out of their way to make sure the plant stays demonized and criminalized. Spending millions doing this protected billions in profit.

So, the horribly damaging war on this plant started with wanting to make life tough for Mexican and Asian immigrants, hoping they would leave, and has been continued for almost 8 decades by corrupt politicians who have been exploiting and exhibiting "Reefer Madness" ever since.

It was NEVER about the effects that the plant has on humans when consumed. Because of the very effective brain-washing by the government, almost 100% of the population who have never tried it are misinformed about those effects (especially nmo).

Not to mention the ban is un-Constitutional! How convenient they decided to side step the amendment process due to getting their palms greased by special interests!

Old 10-13-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:

It was NEVER about the effects the plant has on humans when consumed. Because of the very effective brain-washing by the government, almost 100% of the population who have never tried it are very misinformed about those effects (especially nmo).

Well said.

Again, it appears Congress is in the pockets of Big Pharma as with the NRA.

Don't want to take this thread off topic with politics.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:43 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Not to mention the ban is un-Constitutional! How convenient they decided to side step the amendment process due to getting their palms greased by special interests!
That is why the nasty deed was done through the Tax Stamp Act. It isn't really illegal, as long as you have the proper tax stamps for it. The problem is, of course, the government will not sell tax stamps for it.

One method the government could use to legalize it would be to reclassify it, then start selling tax stamps to legit growers and licensed retailers. That method might make the federal legalization process proceed more smoothly.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:

Well said.

Again, it appears Congress is in the pockets of Big Pharma as with the NRA.

Don't want to take this thread off topic with politics.

Well, I'm not a fan of lobbyists, but the difference IMO between Big Pharma and the NRA is that the NRA is supportive the 2nd Amendment which IS in the Constitution. There are a lot of misconceptions about the NRA, but they do in fact promote how to safely handle firearms, and instead of demonizing them and law abiding gunowners for the sins of the idiots that commit all of the melee, we should actually listen to what they have to say. (Topic for a whole other thread) With Big Pharma, they support an intiative that is clearly un-Constitutional, and IMO the healthcare industry has become nothing more than a racket! They support continuing ridiculous prohibition policies via bribes and kickbacks to the empty suits in DC, and meanwhile get to peddle their toxic, high priced crap, because let's face it, it pays to keep people sick!

Quote:
That is why the nasty deed was done through the Tax Stamp Act. It isn't really illegal, as long as you have the proper tax stamps for it. The problem is, of course, the government will not sell tax stamps for it.

One method the government could use to legalize it would be to reclassify it, then start selling tax stamps to legit growers and licensed retailers. That method might make the federal legalization process proceed more smoothly.

The thing about the Tax Stamp Act that in order to obtain one, you had to already have product in hand. The catch was, if you had possession of it, you were then charged with a crime! As for reclassify, I'm all for it. Why I couldn't grow my own if I wanted to (as with tomatoes) making my own wine, so long as I'm not selling it is ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies