Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 08:31 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,029,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Get rid of the real RINOS. The religious right and Tea Party nut jobs. It is time to bring our party back to what it was and quit being the party of stupid.
The GOP welcomed this faction in and then appeased them at every turn, no matter how ridiculous they got, to keep their votes. And now, like Dr. Frankenstein and his monster, Republicans have lost control of their party to them. Good luck ousting them now. It might be easier for moderate (i.e. sane) Republicans to leave and form a new party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 08:33 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,514,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
IMO this signals a deeper problem within the GOP .... Boehner is no RINO moderate and here he is being labeled as not conservative enough. We're already seen as being virtually unelectable everywhere outside of the Deep South and the Midwest ... how much more freaking conservative do we need to be? We are becoming more and more a party of angry people and not a party of pragmatic governing.
Right! The conservatives have drawn a hard line between them and everyone else, who they consider liberals. As much as I believe the elections are fixed by big money and oligarchs who have either candidate in their pocket by election time, the party who wins is decided by the middle.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:33 AM

17,390 posts, read 11,928,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. Why would he resign? I know he's not exactly loved by all, but why resign? Makes no sense to me.
Gone before he gets booted. He's leaving to save face. Good riddance.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:34 AM

23,409 posts, read 17,092,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
The guy is an alcoholic and that is why he cries a lot.
At least he didn't leave some gal to drown in chappaquiddick and then say, who me?

Old 09-25-2015, 08:36 AM

23,409 posts, read 17,092,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Boehner has been a horrible speaker with little resolve to do anything notable. He'll be best remembered as an ineffectual crybaby.
Better than saying, 'we have to apss it to find out what is in it".

Guess which speaker will live in infamy?

Old 09-25-2015, 08:38 AM

8,074 posts, read 10,026,963 times
For those who would celebrate Boehner's departure, I would caution you to be careful for what you wish.

We just saw a most embarrassing moment in Congress with Rubio making the announcement, and a couple dozen, I presume Tea Part nut jobs, stand up to applaud.

Whatever else you may think about Boehner...and he is, in spite of the appearance of a drunk, a VERY solid human being who comes from a humble background, and focuses his personal efforts of helping children from disadvantaged backgrounds to have a fighting chance in life.

Boehner has kept the right wingers in the fold, while balancing their quackery with more main stream republicans. No simple task.

So imagine, if you think our government is dysfunctional now, you have a free wheeling right wing nut job faction, a centrist group of republicans...a likely Democratic White House....and NOBODY who can put it all together. McConnell? Bwahhhaaaaaa

And then think about that panel of eleven we saw the other night.....one of those is by definition, likely to be the Republican nominee. Would you have any of them, save for Fiorina, run a high school, let along the Country? Paul? Rubio? Trump? Huckabee? We're talking leader of the free world; President. Not cub scout leader with an anti gay agenda.

Boehner was a master at keeping the wheels on the Republican clown car. His departure throws our government further into chaos. Not a good development

What we are left with is a disconnected group incapable of any achievable reality in Government.

Mark my words, this is NOT a good development for America.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:44 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,939,548 times
Conservative republicans hate everybody, including themselves. What they conserve is anger. They trash their own leaders, destroy them and no one is ever good enough unless they were president 35 years ago.

I had never seen such behavior among democrats.

That's not they way to treat people especially your own people. You should be embarrassed. I'm disgusted and I am a independent who leans democrat.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:48 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,594,045 times
Boehner shouldn't have gotten that job in the first place. He seemed like a decent human being, but he was just a bad fit. Speaker of the House is not a position meant for pansies. You have to have thick skin and a backbone.

Whoever the new Speaker is will probably be worse, though, especially if he or she is a Tea Party nut or religious extremist.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:51 AM

8,074 posts, read 10,026,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Boehner shouldn't have gotten that job in the first place. He seemed like a decent human being, but he was just a bad fit. Speaker of the House is not a position meant for pansies. You have to have thick skin and a backbone.

Whoever the new Speaker is will probably be worse, though, especially if he or she is a Tea Party nut or religious extremist.

McCarthy seems to fit that bill! But maybe he has the good sense to keep his personal views to himself and go about the job for which he may be appointed.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:52 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,330,011 times
Default Another one bites the dust.

Unable to compete against the magnificence of the great President Obama, John Boehner is the latest GOP casualty to hit the dusty trail. Already emotionally unstable, and fighting a losing battle always being on the wrong side of every political argument, even Boehner couldn't tolerate the stench that represents his own party in Congress. His departure is long overdue, and he leaves with the knowledge that he was always wrong, his party is always wrong, and that President Obama's superior ideology, job performance, class, dignity, integrity, strength, depth, success, effectiveness, resolve, and power, reigns supreme. Must be a big blow to him this realization. When you bring a knife to a gunfight, you're bound to suffer, and the superiority of what President Obama represents has obliterated this poor Republican, like all the others.

With that said, I hope the poor guy is OK. He seems to be suffering from some sort of health problem, so it's in his best interests to walk away from the ridiculous, regressive work of his pathetic party. Nothing is worth jeopardizing your health and emotional well-being over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies