Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 04:38 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times

Advertisements

Skewing "science" to keep a certain portion of the population in check: from women to minorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 04:57 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
It seems Feminists and progressives are going against what Darwin found in his research.
Most of the money quotes in that article aren't from Darwin's research, they're from private letters and commentators on Darwin's work. Of course the ICR - an organization I will not accuse of lying, because they have no working definition of truth - are circumventing any sort of verification by avoiding references to the actual sources.

That being said - and I do believe I have mentioned this already - Darwin isn't anyone's prophet, nor are his writings Holy Writ to anyone. Descent of Man was like the bad sequel to Origin of Species, the ideas weren't novel and the arguments lackluster. OoS was the culmination of two decades of painstaking research. DoM was almost a philosophical treatise in comparison.

Of course, Christianity in Darwin's age didn't exactly put women on equal footing, either. Many, many Christians hardly do so today.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:00 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
The article is standing up for women and you find it offensive. Interesting.
It's not standing up for anything. It's trying to harness feminism to its own anti-science cart. Offensive is a good word for it.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 09-28-2015 at 05:17 PM..

Old 09-28-2015, 05:08 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Has nothing to do with the point. That was merely an article to ponder. The reactions to it are quite amusing however.
ICR articles are not known to be reliable, because it is neither an institute, creation, nor does it engage in scientific research. Just another way to put it. So not really a lot to ponder. How about Institute of Creation Spin?

Old 09-28-2015, 05:16 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Default Really?

Quote:
Just wondering from a scientific and evolutionary perspective what feminists think of Darwin's theories regarding women. Do you think evolution will prove him wrong and many of his findings will be found to be erroneous possibly?

Here is an article to ponder over,
Thanks for your thoughts Have a nice day

Darwin's Teaching of Women's Inferiority | The Institute for Creation Research
I am a guy so there is no bias here. The only thing that women can't match is the ability to develop upper body strength. I think that any problems that they have with mathematics is cultural.

Now that I've said that:
Females of the Homo Sapiens Sapiens species survive illnesses more easily. They mature faster. Their advantage of faster emotional growth makes them more college ready than men. I think that they work harder than men.

If Darwin is comparing women to men he shouldn't. It's species vs. species not female vs. male.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:59 PM

78,412 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I am a guy so there is no bias here. The only thing that women can't match is the ability to develop upper body strength. I think that any problems that they have with mathematics is cultural.

Now that I've said that:
Females of the Homo Sapiens Sapiens species survive illnesses more easily. They mature faster. Their advantage of faster emotional growth makes them more college ready than men. I think that they work harder than men.

If Darwin is comparing women to men he shouldn't. It's species vs. species not female vs. male.
You have to source that crap. Darwin (and everybody else) are never 100% correct. But with an extra century or so...you should probably be pointing to a peer reviewed scientific study citing your claims....or not making them.

No offense, we just see tons of crap posted here and I like to learn. If you have something valid then please share it with us, it's how we all grow as people.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:13 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post

Now that I've said that:

"I'm a True Believer in the Church of Blank Slatism. The sexes are exactly the same, because Science, despite all bigoted heteronormative cisprivileged Eurocentric racist fascist socially constructed evidence to the contrary. Except that women are better."

Old 09-28-2015, 08:22 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
"I'm a True Believer in the Church of Blank Slatism. The sexes are exactly the same, because Science, despite all bigoted heteronormative cisprivileged Eurocentric racist fascist socially constructed evidence to the contrary. Except that women are better."
Yeah whatever. When is a woman gonna fix my car?

Old 09-28-2015, 08:37 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
It seems Feminists and progressives are going against what Darwin found in his research. Women are childish, this is obvious, and Darwin knew this. Men can certainly be childish as well, but they are acting to cater to the fairer sex or so they don't go crazy.

Why are feminists and liberal-progressives so anti-Darwin in their action? Is their pseudo-faith getting in the way of truth possibly?

It is funny when you see the Darwin sticker on a vehicle with a women driver. Ha Ha Ha
Let's see, someone quoting a creationist website as science, and also doesn't know the difference between singular and plural. Yeah, I'm amused, but not for the same reasons you are.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:41 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Still waiting on that woman that's gonna fix my car.

I mean they're all over teevee. According to the teevee every awesome mechanic out there is female.

Still waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies