Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 03:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
One word: "globalization" …

Ordinary "Joe Blow" American families take part in a global economy that sells stuff and services to people in other countries, and we in turn buy services and stuff from them (often for cash, often for credit) ...
Also is the fact that many illegals don't have bank accounts and deal only in cash.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:12 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Also is the fact that many illegals don't have bank accounts and deal only in cash.
Not a few American citizens for one reason or other also conduct their affairs in mostly $$$cash$$$ …

E.g., some years ago, one of the prominent very faithful families in the parish I was serving got into debt waaaay over their heads in some financial deals with their family farm …

The good news was that they were able to work things out so that most of the debts were simply *forgiven* outright, enabling them to continue in farming …

The bad news was that the IRS regarded the forgiven debts as taxable income … !!!
(on which they could not pay the taxes …) …

So they had to avoid normal channels of transaction such as checking and savings accounts, etc. …

*shrug*

(They were descendants of Swedish immigrants, BTW …)

Old 09-27-2015, 03:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Not a few American citizens for one reason or other also conduct their affairs in mostly $$$cash$$$ …

E.g., some years ago, one of the prominent very faithful families in the parish I was serving got into debt waaaay over their heads in some financial deals with their family farm …

The good news was that they were able to work things out so that most of the debts were simply *forgiven* outright, enabling them to continue in farming …

The bad news was that the IRS regarded the forgiven debts as taxable income … !!!
(on which they could not pay the taxes …) …

So they had to avoid normal channels of transaction such as checking and savings accounts, etc. …

*shrug*

(They were descendants of Swedish immigrants, BTW …)
I know of several seniors out here in the rural area that do work for cash only to keep their taxable income low.

You do what you need to survive. if Uncle Sam has his way we'd hand over 100% of our earnings and have to exist on meager handouts from them.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:50 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,115 times
Quote:
I know of several seniors out here in the rural area that do work for cash only to keep their taxable income low.

You do what you need to survive. if Uncle Sam has his way we'd hand over 100% of our earnings and have to exist on meager handouts from them.
Fact is that $$$ is how we get things done in this world in this life …

In a cash*free*tax*free economy, we could in theory get along by taking in each others' laundry, mowing each others' lawns, taking turns taking care of each others' elders, doing our own private at home surgeries on the kitchen table, etc., etc. ...

Old 09-27-2015, 03:57 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Since 99.9% of reactionaries apparently know little about American law and justice I wouldn't expect the same crowd of folks who know anything about Sharia law, Sharia courts or Muslims in general for that matter, so I leave you to your hysteria.

By the Bye, is anyone aware that even Iran's judicial system doesn't operate under a purely Sharia system of Justice, but one that has been modified to accept certain principals along with existing French civil and criminal codes.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:32 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

By the Bye, is anyone aware that even Iran's judicial system doesn't operate under a purely Sharia system of Justice, but one that has been modified to accept certain principals along with existing French civil and criminal codes.
It's common knowledge that Iran is more moderate in comparison to other Muslim countries, like Saudi Arabia for example.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Ordinary folks -- regular people -- still do today what they have done for thousands of years, i.e., try as best they can to make the best life possible for themselves and their families …

Long, long ago our very early ancestors moved out of Africa into Asia and beyond …

Immigrants populated Europe and moved across the Bering Sea into "the New World" … and spread out into Australia and the South Pacific islands …

… and … and … and …

Get over it ...
If you believe that crap, ok. Google the Rhesus negative blood type, and explain how that fits in with the out of Africa theory. They continue to find older humanoid remains in South America that disprove the Out of Africa theory.

Should we pretend that it's thousands of years ago and just ignore the laws of city states when people say they want to move to another country? I mean really, why have a civilization at all? Just let people do exactly what they want, whether it's illegal or not, right?
Invade another country if you want, no big deal, we think some other humanoids did the same thing thousands of years ago so just walk right on in to another country and start living. Steal people's land, take their earnings. Oh you can kill people now too, since all laws and civilization are meaningless. Humanoids did the same thing thousands of years ago. Oh we're all just a bunch of animals, so it doesn't matter what anybody does!

Old 09-27-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
What is the excuse we have for blaming *others* for the troubles of history and not taking a long hard look in the mirror … ???

Just e.g., why DO The ("Muslim") Iranians hate hate hate the American Guv'Mint so much … ??? (hint: What happened in 1953 in Iran; and between Iraq and Iran in 1980-88 … ???)

Hello … ???
You won't answer my question about why Islam should be allowed to conquer, rape and pillage in 2015. Instead you bring in the tired old strawman of the crimes of the Christians, that were hundreds of years ago. Oh also you mentioned Timonthy McVeigh. Wow, really damning evidence stacked against the Christians, I guess we should just let ISIS take over the world since the Christians were so bad hundreds of years ago.

Yep, let's roll over and admit defeat to the misogynist tyrannical Muslim ideology, we can't get over how the Westboro Baptist church burned some abortion clinics.

Let's allow Muslims to rape children and mutilate girls' genitals, since Christians were such meanies and spread Western civilization everywhere. We have Western civilization so much, why don't we let it be destroyed by a desert cult that hasn't changed since the 7th century. Let's all worship the pedophile Mohammad.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Here in Texas the supermarkets have the western union forms pre-filled out with the Mexican banks.
Sunday is the day to send money home around here. And it's all "cash".
Yup, I used to live in Tampa. I would see all kinds of Hispanic families line up in Wal-Mart on the weekend to send money orders down to their home countries. The sign on the wall was in Spanish and had pictures of all their Latin American country flags, made it really easy for them to send all their earnings out of this country. They don't have to learn English at all to rob us.

Last edited by Mangokiwi; 09-27-2015 at 05:20 PM..

Old 09-27-2015, 05:05 PM

335 posts, read 324,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

Are we talking about the same Iran??? The one I know of had the streets filled with people shouting "Death to Israel" & "Death to America" as our Muslim in Chief signed off on a deal giving them basically un-monitored nuke power. That Iran? Hey, why not fund a school for aspiring pilots while we're at it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies