Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 04:12 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

Putin is right.

Democracy can never exist in Muslim lands.
Or Russia for that matter, and that is some that Putin definitely knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 04:14 PM

936 posts, read 2,082,957 times
For those who admire Putin, it is easy to be decisive when there is no check and balance and you can kill anyone and put anyone in jail if you wish. Putin has done that repeatedly. Imagine Obama has the power to put the Koch brothers, or senators in jail. Most of you have never lived under an authoritarian regime. I have and I escaped my country. My grandpa was beaten and put in jail for two months because someone reported that he voiced his opinion against the country leader. You don't understand the fear when someone has complete power over your family. Just the fact that you can voice your opinion, attack and ridicule your leader is a privilege. Try to do that in Russia and you will be in jail or even killed. I know that the US has a lot of problems but it is a democracy and a well run big country and you right wingers don't get everything you wish and the left wingers don't get to turn this country into a communist utopia.

Putin has done nothing for his people except that the oil economy improved their economy during his tenure. He and his cronies has lined their pockets with billions of state money. Yes, Obama plays a lot of golf and take many vacation but he is not taking billion of dollars.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:49 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Putin is a criminal that deserves nothing less than a one way ticket to hell.

However Onumbnuts, Lurch and McButterpants are the traitors that deserve jail time.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:52 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybirdie View Post
For those who admire Putin, it is easy to be decisive when there is no check and balance and you can kill anyone and put anyone in jail if you wish. Putin has done that repeatedly. Imagine Obama has the power to put the Koch brothers, or senators in jail. Most of you have never lived under an authoritarian regime. I have and I escaped my country. My grandpa was beaten and put in jail for two months because someone reported that he voiced his opinion against the country leader. You don't understand the fear when someone has complete power over your family. Just the fact that you can voice your opinion, attack and ridicule your leader is a privilege. Try to do that in Russia and you will be in jail or even killed. I know that the US has a lot of problems but it is a democracy and a well run big country and you right wingers don't get everything you wish and the left wingers don't get to turn this country into a communist utopia.

Putin has done nothing for his people except that the oil economy improved their economy during his tenure. He and his cronies has lined their pockets with billions of state money. Yes, Obama plays a lot of golf and take many vacation but he is not taking billion of dollars.
This post should be required reading every time a right winger starts whining about Obama being a dictator. It's obvious they don't know the meaning of the word.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:55 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Obama is trying to overthrow Assad.
Obama is saying that Assad needs to go . . . one day, before the Syrian war is over. What he is doing is providing effective support (i.e., airstrikes and reconnaissance) against ISIS while providing ineffective support (i.e. plainly failed "rebel training") against Assad. Training insurgents for the Syrian battlefield is clearly a low priority. That may eventually change, but today, the message on the ground is that we are not threatening the Syrian government. The message to Iran and Russia is that Syria can still be your ally, but Assad will have to leave before this project is over.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Our guys are bad but Putin is a monster

Old 09-28-2015, 05:16 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
It seems some of our O-pologists are behind here, so it bears repeating:

This is exactly what many Dems said and still say in their criticism of W Bush's Iraq invasion.

But now, since Pootsie said it in apparent affront to Obama, they seem to forget ever saying that and instead attack the messenger, starting up with the false Poostsie-love narrative again.

More proof that the mindless O-cult can't take any criticism of their messiah; to do so means you're a Pootsie-lover in their simplistic, one-track minds.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:18 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
In 2011, Iraq was well on it's way to being a safe secure country, 0bama and his admin were even bragging about how much better it was in Iraq.

All 0bama had to do was keep sufficient stay behind forces to help guide Iraq.

Contrast and compare what we have today. That's why we keep stay behind forces in countries like South Korea, Germany, Japan, and Iraq... when they are going thru this fragile state of transition.
Iraq has not been anywhere even close to stable since Bush destroyed it. Safe and Secure? That's laughable and BS.

Bush set the timetable for getting out of Iraq, a place we should have never been in the first place. Maliki, Bush's stooge told us to get out.

"When they are going through their Fragile state of transition? What kind of nonsense is that? Transition to an "Exported" Democracy they never wanted in the first place? So we have to keep our forces there forever, and the Taxpayer has to foot the bill? BS

What we have is a bunch of Dolts that still think there is a Military solution to every Government we don't approve of. They think this way, because they aren't the ones that will do the dying, or come home wounded or disabled for life. I am sure we are already involved in the Ukraine, and more than we should be in Syria. We need to get our noses out of these places. Assad is the leader in Syria, and if they want a civil war, its not our fight. Neither is the Ukraine. They had a President, and chose to violently take over the Government, instead of voting in another. We should not be supporting an illegitimate Government. If half the Country wants to become independent, its their right. We backed Croatia and Bosnia when they wanted to. That would end the fighting there. We don't need a War with Russia. Lets concentrate in ISIL and forget the rest of the BS.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:20 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Our guys are bad but Putin is a monster
Yep, we have an idiot in chief, they have a murderer in chief Hopefully the next CIC will have his act together. Probably not, but we can hope.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:20 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Oh boy!

More silly Obamaphobic snarling and spittle spewing based on ignorance, topped off with admiration for the Soviet KGB dictator.

The radical right, calling themselves "patriots."

Carry on.

Exactly. I'm confused though. Do the right wingers loving on Putin also support Assad and endorse supporting Assad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies