Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 03:09 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Might want to rethink that-

Tight Wad Liberals
Arthur Brooks, the author of a book on donors to charity, cites data that households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals. A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals.
Volunteer Rates Hit All-Time Low
People between the ages of 35 to 44 were most likely to give back to their communities. Rates were lowest among 20 to 24 year olds, confirming a number of theories that millennials aren’t all that interested in improving the world around them.
Not talking about money. I'm talking time. Conservatives give money so they don't feel as guilty.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:09 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Like the NRA and the Knights of Columbus?
Unfortunately I am not able to write off my donations to the NRA, I wonder if I can write off my ammo expenses when volunteering at new shooter events.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:11 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Not talking about money. I'm talking time. Conservatives give money so they don't feel as guilty.
I would love for you to find links showing how democrats are more likely to donate time. Time of course is less valuable to charitable organizations. It cannot be turned into food or shelter or clothing.

I'll save you the effort, you won't be able to quantify time donated by democrats or conservatives. All you have is wild speculation while it is easy to quantify how republicans give more money to charities than democrats.

Thanks for playing, have a nice day.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:12 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Do you have any numbers on volunteerism to base that on?

Old 09-28-2015, 04:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
There are Freepers on here (which I think is fine). But I've never seen anything to suggest that Stormfront types are here. And Freepers and Stormfront types are nothing alike.
I'm as "white" as they come; and, I'm proud of being white. OTOH: storm front is just nasty and, I'm being real nice. I DON'T like their beliefs in race "purity". In other words; I'd MUCH rather live in an area that's mostly "Black" IF they're decent people than an area filled with meth head PWT losers.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Up until the re-election of Barack Obama, I'd've said the reason for the forum being right-of-center (to the extent that it may be) is because America is a center-right country. I'm not so sure that's true anymore.

Frankly, I don't think this forum tips all that much to the right, anyway; I think it's pretty evenly balanced.
The amount of overall posters may be balanced(although I would say even that leans conservative), but post count/activity is not. Those who post the most, start the most threads lean heavily conservative or right wing in nature.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:20 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The amount of overall posters may be balanced(although I would say even that leans conservative), but post count/activity is not. Those who post the most, start the most threads lean heavily conservative or right wing in nature.
You have over 13000 posts....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies