Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 06:56 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I noticed you **** over the important part- WHO provides that:

It is true in a literal sense that Planned Parenthood health centers do not themselves conduct mammograms (a procedure which requires specialized equipment and expertise to use it). Planned Parenthood offers comprehensive breast health care management, which includes manual breast exams as well as patient education on breast health. That care management program includes providing women with information about mammograms, referring them to health centers where they can obtain mammograms, and assisting them in covering the costs of the procedure by referring them to government programs that provide free mammograms or by using grant funds to reimburse the medical providers who perform the mammograms.
Read more at snopes.com: Planned Parenthood Mammograms

They send them to low cost centers or tell them about possible government programs. PP isn't providing funds.

Other sources have said the same thing- that PP recommends programs where you may get help with the cost. PP has never claimed they help pay for mammograms.
Comeon. You are being absurd. I countered a single point you thought worthy of a post. You continue to destroy your credibility with that sort of behavior. I fully agree that PP does not do on site mammograms. But they do pay for them elsewhere. If you have contrary evidence present it. SusieQ has already shot so lmany holes in your argument it is somewhat amazing you keep showing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 07:00 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Comeon. You are being absurd. I countered a single point you thought worthy of a post. You continue to destroy your credibility with that sort of behavior. I fully agree that PP does not do on site mammograms. But they do pay for them elsewhere. If you have contrary evidence present it. SusieQ has already shot so lmany holes in your argument it is somewhat amazing you keep showing up.
I understand, posters who provide facts are upsetting to you. It's okay. You and Suzy can sit in the confused corner together.

Just as an FYI- I rarely feel the need to have the last word on this forum. I feel like people reading can choose for themselves who brings facts and correct information. So you can be nasty, but everyone reading this thread can tell who is providing correct info.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:06 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
I understand, posters who provide facts are upsetting to you. It's okay. You and Suzy can sit in the confused corner together.
Your posts indicate that your really have no idea what you are talking about. Simply a parrot regurgitating what you have been trained to respond.

The rule is simple. We all have a right to our opinion but facts are shared.

Thought is a useful skill.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:37 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Something else that bears mentioning is that no one is talking about defunding women`s health clinics.

The money that goes to PP would simply go to more suitable healthcare providers.
What makes them " more suitable?" Also, why are you against women, deciding for themselves, where to take their Medicaid business? I can't stand when conservatives try to pick winners and losers.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:40 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
PP doesn't pay for mammograms. They recommend places that might be able to offer free mammograms through government programs. They essentially give you a list of free/low cost mammogram places.
That's exactly how it works at most doctor's offices. The doctor gives my wife a prescription and she goes to the radiologist to get a mammogram.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:50 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
They send them to low cost centers or tell them about possible government programs. PP isn't providing funds. Other sources have said the same thing- that PP recommends programs where you may get help with the cost. PP has never claimed they help pay for mammograms.
Quote:
In a statement sent to FactCheck.org, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, senior director of medical services for Planned Parenthood, said that “Planned Parenthood does help women nationwide get access to mammograms,” as part of the health care services it provides to nearly 3 million persons each year. “Women rely on Planned Parenthood for referrals for and financial help with mammograms and specialized diagnostic follow-up tests (like ultrasounds and biopsies) when indicated by age, history and/or clinical breast exam.”
Nucatola said that “for many women,” Planned Parenthood is their only health care provider and “thus the only way they will get a referral for a mammogram.”
Planned Parenthood and Mammograms

Old 09-30-2015, 07:57 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
I noticed you **** over the important part- WHO provides that:

It is true in a literal sense that Planned Parenthood health centers do not themselves conduct mammograms (a procedure which requires specialized equipment and expertise to use it). Planned Parenthood offers comprehensive breast health care management, which includes manual breast exams as well as patient education on breast health. That care management program includes providing women with information about mammograms, referring them to health centers where they can obtain mammograms, and assisting them in covering the costs of the procedure by referring them to government programs that provide free mammograms or by using grant funds to reimburse the medical providers who perform the mammograms.

Read more at snopes.com: Planned Parenthood Mammograms

They send them to low cost centers or tell them about possible government programs. PP isn't providing funds.

Other sources have said the same thing- that PP recommends programs where you may get help with the cost. PP has never claimed they help pay for mammograms.
Apparently you did not read what you quoted:

"by using grant funds to reimburse the medical providers who perform the mammograms".

That means PP uses its own money to pay for mammograms for some women.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:10 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
A poster in this thread claimed PP paid for people's mammograms and that is untrue. Referring them to low cost mammogram places or telling them about government grants they can try to get isn't paying for the cost of the mammogram. Even PP doesn't claim they pay for mammograms.

I've given people information about sliding scale medical and dental clinics so they could get free or low cost care. I didn't pay for the service.

ETA: Everyone should read the Fact check above. PP says one location has some funds available to help women in that area. That's all the funds PP even claims to provide and they don't put a dollar figure on it, so it's likely not much. Their primary claim is that they provide "access" to mammograms through referrals.

If you believe that PP is helping to pay for mammograms across the country then you would have to believe that PP is lying to Fact Check

Old 09-30-2015, 08:31 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
I found this article about the conservative obsession with mammograms quite interesting
Quote:
"Why they don’t think married women need contraception is another question entirely, but we are talking about politicians who think you need a mammogram machine in a family planning clinic that primarily serves women in their 20s. Expertise on what women actually need in their health care is not a strong suit. Ultimately, we don’t need to look further than the policy proposals themselves, which make it all the more obvious that sexual health care is the GOP’s true target. The funding being debated is for Pap smears, contraception, and STI testing and treatment. All this talk about fetal tissue and videos and Cecile Richards’ salary is simply a distraction from what this is really about, which is that women are having sex and Republicans would very much like for them to cut it out"

Old 09-30-2015, 08:57 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
A poster in this thread claimed PP paid for people's mammograms and that is untrue. Referring them to low cost mammogram places or telling them about government grants they can try to get isn't paying for the cost of the mammogram. Even PP doesn't claim they pay for mammograms.

I've given people information about sliding scale medical and dental clinics so they could get free or low cost care. I didn't pay for the service.

ETA: Everyone should read the Fact check above. PP says one location has some funds available to help women in that area. That's all the funds PP even claims to provide and they don't put a dollar figure on it, so it's likely not much. Their primary claim is that they provide "access" to mammograms through referrals.

If you believe that PP is helping to pay for mammograms across the country then you would have to believe that PP is lying to Fact Check

PP has received grants to help pay for mammograms for some women. That means that PP has indeed paid for mammograms for some women. It really is not a difficult concept to understand. Those funds may not be available in every PP center, but I doubt that it is only one location.

What is also difficult to fathom is why you make such a big deal out of PP finding other sources of financial aid for mammograms. Why is that a bad thing?

The bottom line is that PP does indeed help women get mammograms, even if it does not run brick and mortar mammography centers. That is the same thing that gynecologists and family practitioners who are not affiliated with PP do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies