Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 08:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Israel has been and continues to be the single largest recipient of US foreign/ military aid. This means it does not have to impose a higher tax on its people to achieve their defense objectives. Instead, Israel has been able to use its funds to develop and maintain a top notch universal healthcare system for its people. This includes abortion paid for by the state.

Unlike some Christian denominations which believe life starts at conception, Judaism views the beginning of life at 40 days and rights increase over gestation. There is no issue with harvesting fetal tissue for scientific research in Israel. Israel is making incredible advances in stem cell research and is using stem cells to grow new cells in patients with various forms of dementia.

Interesting that Christian organizations are the largest private donors to all things Israel, especially hospitals and medical research.
While above not directly related to topic, I found it as an interesting and informative bit of irony in how the Christian right direct their concerns. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 11:07 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
If Planned Parenthood and it PAC would start mainly giving money to Republicans, then maybe the Republicans would finally shut up and leave it alone.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:25 PM

30,994 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Planned Parenthood donates millions of dollars to Democrat campaigns every year, so why should they receive government funding? So basically this is a liberal Democrat organization that gets tax money from all Americans even though many of us are opposed to their values and their anti-Christian nature.

Besides by funding their other operations, it frees up other parts of their budget to perform abortions with. If their overall budget is reduced, they will have fewer resources to commit to abortion. And I for one can't understand how someone can call themself a Christian and support abortion given that it is so explicitly banned in the Bible.
Lets see, Democrats want funding for aborting mostly future Democrats. People in the religous Right aren't getting abortions. And the problem is

Old 09-30-2015, 12:29 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,498 times
Quote:
Planned Parenthood donates millions of dollars to Democrat campaigns every year, so why should they receive government funding? So basically this is a liberal Democrat organization that gets tax money from all Americans even though many of us are opposed to their values and their anti-Christian nature.

Besides by funding their other operations, it frees up other parts of their budget to perform abortions with. If their overall budget is reduced, they will have fewer resources to commit to abortion. And I for one can't understand how someone can call themself a Christian and support abortion given that it is so explicitly banned in the Bible.
I think you need to reread your Bible. Not only does it not condemn abortion, there are several passages where God orders the Israelites to massacre every man, woman and child and a few that actively promote infanticide.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:42 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Lets see, Democrats want funding for aborting mostly future Democrats. People in the religous Right aren't getting abortions. And the problem is
If you think no one in the religious right is getting abortions, you are sadly deluded.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:46 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
No, they don't.
You can see the amount they donate at opensecrets.org.

There is no year in which PP has come close to donating $1m to any combination of candidates.

What Biblical passage explicitly bans abortions?

Luke 6:31

Matthew 7:12

Mark 12:31

PP gets money from democrats that they then kick back a portion to fund campaigns of the democrats who gave them taxpayer money to begin with.

For many democrats, pp is in their top five campaign contributors.

I don`t need my tax dollars being used to bribe democrats to give more of my tax dollars to the organization doing the bribing.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:50 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Does the OP have a link that shows how much Planned Parenthood donates to Democrat campaigns each year?

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/sum...?id=D000000591

Old 09-30-2015, 02:42 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,164,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
That's how it's done in the Democratic Party. They legislate millions to not-for-profits, who in turn provide kickbacks to their election campaigns.

It's a circle of corruption.
Isn't this the same thing Republicans do? But with Defense companies? How much does Haliburton give to Republicans?

Old 09-30-2015, 03:57 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:

Anther little fact that came out of the hearings yesterday (I watched) was that abortion accounts for about 3% of PP's services (according to Cecile Richards); but, 87% of PP profit comes from abortion services!

I don't think they need taxpayer money.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Israel has been and continues to be the single largest recipient of US foreign/ military aid. This means it does not have to impose a higher tax on its people to achieve their defense objectives. Instead, Israel has been able to use its funds to develop and maintain a top notch universal healthcare system for its people. This includes abortion paid for by the state.

Unlike some Christian denominations which believe life starts at conception*, Judaism views the beginning of life at 40 days and rights increase over gestation. There is no issue with harvesting fetal tissue for scientific research in Israel. Israel is making incredible advances in stem cell research and is using stem cells to grow new cells in patients with various forms of dementia.

Interesting that Christian organizations are the largest private donors to all things Israel, especially hospitals and medical research.
Are you Jewish? Can you supply us with the source of this information regarding what Judaism believes, because I have never heard this before, and as a Christian, I have been involved in Bible study for probably 35 years (and we Christians study both Old and New Testament). Not once have I ever heard of this "40 days and nights" story of the beginning of life.

*What Christian denominations do you refer to that do not believe life begins at conception? [Excluding Roman Catholicism, which I do not consider Christian]

If life does not begin at conception, at what 'magical' point in the development is the living fetus (with beating heart and brainwaves) suddenly blessed with "life"? (The Catholics speak of 'ensolement,' but this is a made up concept; there is no scripture that supports such a fascinating concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies