Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 11:10 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,920,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
....and it's a common fallacy on the left that the middle and upper-middle class is stupid enough to vote for higher taxes on themselves and/or higher deficit spending which will need to be paid by themselves or their children out of envy of a handful of executives who write their own paychecks and hedge fund managers who found enough other rich people people dumb enough to give them 20%/2%. Do those people exist? Yes. Do they get paid for more than the value they add? Yes. Can Democrat's spending habit be funded off their backs alone? No.
Let's look at your claim of "higher deficit spending:"

and those "Democrat's spending habits:"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 11:18 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,363,100 times
the rich are richer, i dont see the problem, you are born poor and has you become successful you acquire wealth. that the whole idea of the game, so if you do not acquire wealth you are a failure.

so instead of saying the rich are richer, just tell the truth. the rich are successful

Old 10-03-2015, 11:18 AM

26,732 posts, read 22,400,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Having a lot of rich people is actually a very good thing (assuming they are enterprising folks creating jobs along the way).
Yeah, particularly in China and India.

And if "having a lot of rich people is "actually a very good thing" - we have to be thrilled for Russia, China, and India likewise )))))

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billionaire

( Amazing How the US find itself more and more in company of the third world countries)))) )

Old 10-03-2015, 11:27 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,307,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

And if "having a lot of rich people is "actually a very good thing" - we have to be thrilled for Russia, China, and India likewise )))))

( Amazing How the US find itself more and more in company of the third world countries)))) )
I am rather liberal, but I believe capitalism is the way (at least in this era). Honest rich folks that create a lot of jobs benefit society. I wish we had hundreds of Bill Gate types.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I am rather liberal, but I believe capitalism is the way (at least in this era). Honest rich folks that create a lot of jobs benefit society. I wish we had hundreds of Bill Gate types.
You know, botox is a great thing as well - does the wonderful things for people's looks and egos. Just when used with caution. If not used with caution, it might destroy and kill.
Think in the same manner about capitalism.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:36 AM

8,598 posts, read 9,093,828 times
Quote:

You forgot Mexico.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
You forgot Mexico.
What's about it?
This Wiki article didn't mention it, but I'm sure if they have billionaires in Mexico, they are doing a fine job of keeping Mexico in the ranks of the first world countries, right?

Old 10-03-2015, 11:51 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,582,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
the rich are richer, i dont see the problem, you are born poor and has you become successful you acquire wealth. that the whole idea of the game, so if you do not acquire wealth you are a failure.

so instead of saying the rich are richer, just tell the truth. the rich are successful
Most of the rich I know, were born rich.

Not that I have a problem with that. Just saying, that not all rich folks started off selling home made pies door to door.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:55 AM

18,415 posts, read 7,048,342 times
So?

Old 10-03-2015, 12:00 PM

8,598 posts, read 9,093,828 times
Quote:
What's about it?
This Wiki article didn't mention it, but I'm sure if they have billionaires in Mexico, they are doing a fine job of keeping Mexico in the ranks of the first world countries, right?
Mexico has some of the richest people in the world. The poor 60%, middle class 30%, top dogs 10%. 1% of Mexico's wealthy own 40% of Mexico's wealth. Flip Mexico's poor and middle numbers you might end up close the US figures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies