Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 07:50 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
uh...

False.

Try to keep up.

Unspinning the Planned Parenthood Video

Instead of parroting what Limbaugh told you.

Please.

I don't think the focus is on "profit" as your link suggest.......it's that PP is doing it at ALL. Republicans are not okay with partial birth aborted babies being sold. Why is PP avoiding and twisting what is being said......read your own article, they are chasing their tales and trying to take the issue away from selling baby parts for "profit or not." PP was never set up for this......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 07:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You're confusing Medicaid with Medicare.
I actually thought both were for the elderly, my

Medicaid is for low income women to have abortions and get BC? I actually didn't realize PP had gotten in on the insurance end. No wonder the director is making a fine salary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Medicaid is for anyone cannot affords health care- MEDICARE is for the elderly-???? mammograms are performed on special high tech very expensive machines that only specialized people can do- just as they do NOT do them at your private DR?? hello?

you are totally un-informed- please so do some research before giving an opinion. not that it matters, but
I actually have paid for my own insurance and medical expenses on my own since I was 18.....I really don't keep up on what is free! When I attended PP in my younger years I had a co-pay, no Medicaid, no government freebies......sorry for not keeping up on the welfare train....of who can use it. I have been many times without insurance and was never offered Medicaid, if this is actually for anyone who needs it.

PP is claiming to perform these mammograms and has been proven to be lying......and this is my fault.

Last edited by wildflower82; 09-30-2015 at 08:01 AM..

Old 09-30-2015, 07:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why are we (the government (the taxpayer)) budgeting into the US GOVERNMENT BUDGET any amount for the PRIVATE 'non-profit' organization like PP???

pp's budget is like 8 billion, why would we be giving them anything, let alone 500 million

the US GOVERNMENT should not be subsidizing, or partially funding, or bailing-out any private organization

PP doesnt even follow their name...they dont help you PLAN being a parent...they would rather about a baby, then sell the body parts

this has ZERO to do with womens health...infact under obamacare, NO WOMAN can be turned down for health coverage, for any reason

infact under the Affordable Care Act, is there even a need for PP anymore?? women can get their mamograms are a real doctor

that 500 million (annually) could be used to help re-build our transportation infrastructure
Is this a cut and paste from your other post?

Anyhoo, it's not like the government hands PP over a big wad of money and says . . do what you want with it.

Their govenment money comes in the form of Medicaid Payments for their services to women who qualify.
MEDICAID DOES NOT PAY FOR ABORTIONS. Just felt the need to repeat that for the 100th time.

Planned Parenthood helps many a young women "plan* not be a parent by providing birth control. PREVENTING pregnancy is a part of family planning, yes?

They don't sell body parts and LEGAL abortions are a small part of what they provide.

They have been investigated in SEVERAL states since these fabricated videos came out and guess what? No wrongdoing was found.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:56 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Really?- this may pertain to another matter -but the use of similar tactics - if given the freedom to follow what their wicked minds conceive- it would have matched in action - but -we do live in modern times--- and the congressmen only sin in their souls. They went after her in the same fashion, it was appalling- and sad at the same time. We are a country of laws and protocols and our leaders clearly- lost it.

In the Spanish inquisitions-many true and faithful followers, because of the testimony of enemies, rivals, slaves and other low people—and still less appropriate—without tests of any kind, have been locked up in secular prisons, tortured and condemned like relapsed heretics, deprived of their goods and properties, and given over to the secular arm to be executed, at great danger to their souls, giving a pernicious example and causing scandal to many.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition

Radical leftists' equivalencies are truly absurd.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:57 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That states that have investigated PP and found no wrong-doing is in itself misleading.

Only TWO PP facilities are engaged in harvesting baby organs for sale. Therefore it is NOT newsworthy that those states without harvesting operations aren't in violation of harvesting laws!
And why isn't Congress investigating nearly every single women's hospital in the country. What do you think happens to the fetal material post D&C procedure regardless of miscarriage or abortion?

Old 09-30-2015, 07:58 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
They provide abortions, they recieve federal tax dollars..naive? not exactly the spanish inquisition .. Not sure what they do with all those baby parts, 330K+ in 12, yuck, just horrible, what a sick culture the west has become...1970's " population explosion" myth~ to~ " not enough people "we need immigrants" because we're hardly at replacement levels..
So does your local hospital. Are you protesting them?

Old 09-30-2015, 07:59 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why are we (the government (the taxpayer)) budgeting into the US GOVERNMENT BUDGET any amount for the PRIVATE 'non-profit' organization like PP???

pp's budget is like 8 billion, why would we be giving them anything, let alone 500 million

the US GOVERNMENT should not be subsidizing, or partially funding, or bailing-out any private organization

PP doesnt even follow their name...they dont help you PLAN being a parent...they would rather about a baby, then sell the body parts

this has ZERO to do with womens health...infact under obamacare, NO WOMAN can be turned down for health coverage, for any reason

infact under the Affordable Care Act, is there even a need for PP anymore?? women can get their mamograms are a real doctor

that 500 million (annually) could be used to help re-build our transportation infrastructure

SOOO UN-INFORMED OF FACTS!

Old 09-30-2015, 08:03 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Especially now that we have Obamacare, which covers women's health services. PP is redundant and unnecessary. Why fund the duplication of services? That's a waste of taxpayer money.
because there is a lack of Drs or clinic that accept Medicaid and not all have Obamacare- in other words-

lack of facilities for women!

Old 09-30-2015, 08:03 AM

89,014 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The above post reveals how little the anti-choice posters know about the topic. The vast majority of woman who use PP facilities use Medicaid. That's their insurance and PP provides the services. PP may accept other insurance but it doesn't matter for this discussion.

Why PP is needed is because women have found that their needs are not met in other health service providers.
What a crock of sh*t. PP isn't the only provider of women's health services. In fact, they're a very small minority of all the medical facilities that provide women's health services.

Quote:
The government doesn't "fund" PP. Women choose to visit PP and use their Medicaid benefit there.
False. They get discretionary funding federal grants every year.

Quote:
Let me throw conservative arguments back at you: Why do you conservatives have a problem with women choosing where THEY want to go in a free market?
It's not a free market when they aren't paying and the taxpayers are paying for them. If they want to pay, they can go wherever they want. THAT'S free market.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:05 AM

89,014 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Despite the mandate, serious millions remain uninsured. 19 states have not expanded Medicaid. Even then, the net does not capture everyone.
That's what the over 13,000 nationwide HRSA-referred clinics are for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies