Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 07:04 AM

34,258 posts, read 19,240,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
False. Income taxes and property taxes for average worker in NJ, NY, CT are higher than in Sweden.
What? No one is going to point out that thats only if you use marginal not effective tax rates? Its deceptive nonsense.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,876,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What? No one is going to point out that thats only if you use marginal not effective tax rates? Its deceptive nonsense.
actually you would be wrong. Effective tax rates in these areas exceed 50%

But even if true, are you now saying all of a sudden, deductions are ok? I thought the left declared these "subsidies", during the ACA debate?

Old 10-01-2015, 07:09 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,278,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
nothing stops you from having more vacations and working less.

Oh wait, you cant do anything without government giving you the nod..

its pathetic
I actually work 5 hours a day four days a week and do quite well thank you. I would never work 60-80 hours a week unless I was in the low or mid socioeconomic class trying to stay afloat.

And Jeb Bush recommends two to three extra jobs for those that are struggling.

Think!!!!!!!!

The work week has been shrinking and will continue to shrink due to technology. Why do you guys always live in the past.

BTW, I am no liberal and I favor capitalism as the engine model. In fact I actually like folks like Ayn Rand. However, there is a difference between honest capitalism and excessive greed.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:11 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,076,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Greed is the root of all evil
Btw productivity drops down the more hours people work, less happy and higher turnover rate
I can vouch for that. Right now I feel overworked and unproductive and I'm the one deciding how much I work.

As a business owner your tied to the market. Systemic changes like the one in Sweden have to happen collectively.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,876,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I actually work 5 hours a day four days a week and do quite well thank you. I would never work 60-80 hours a week unless I was in the low or mid socioeconomic class trying to stay afloat.

And Jeb Bush recommends two to three extra jobs for those that are struggling.

Think!!!!!!!!

The work week has been shrinking and will continue to shrink due to technology. Why do you guys always live in the past.

BTW, I am no liberal and I favor capitalism as the engine model. In fact I actually like folks like Ayn Rand. However, there is a difference between honest capitalism and excessive greed.
Fantastic, so why are you complaining again?

Old 10-01-2015, 07:13 AM

34,258 posts, read 19,240,314 times
Quote:
And at the very notion that the poor segments of society, begin to contribute to the very tax policy they benefit from, which takes place in Sweden, the Democrats moan and groan non stop.
Hmmm wonder why Swedens GINI number is lower then ours? Ohhhh..because while the poor there do pay in some, they have massive benefits to offset that. Soooo tell you what, lets raise rates by 10% on EVERYONE, including the poor, and in exchange give everyone free college, and healthcare? Sound good?

Quote:
Because Democrats and their support of unions, demanded businesses pay for it..
Actually after WW2 businesses did it. But its a fairly complex topic....in the end the rest of the world did it in a better way then us, and Republican AND Democrats both have been avoiding fixing it. Why? Because healthcare is big business.

Quote:
This hasnt changed.. Just the lie that it would, which you appear to have bought.
Yes, someone bought some lies.....

Old 10-01-2015, 07:26 AM

358 posts, read 281,682 times
Quote:
nothing stops you from having more vacations and working less.

Oh wait, you cant do anything without government giving you the nod..

its pathetic
Who can afford that without being rich in this country? Not everyone is fortunate like you

Old 10-01-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
All democratic areas.
NJ governor is republican actually

Old 10-01-2015, 07:27 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,278,298 times
Quote:
Fantastic, so why are you complaining again?
Because I am not selfish.

I feel sorry for the low to mid class republicans that support the 60-80 hour week and are submissive to the system of exploitation by the boss because that is the way it is supposed to be.

Not all capitalist aim to get the max profit at all times. Some actually care for the well being of their workers and have a moral code. For the love of God we are humans, not animals in the jungle competing for resources where the weak is always destroyed.

In Norway it feels normal for the business owner to take care of his employees, it becomes part of the culture. And this is now happening in the US among millenials that are business owners. My daughter works in a company where her salary is based on the job she does and they do NOT COUNT hours. She has generous benefits including a gym on the premises, free lunches, and unlimited vacation. The boss trusts the employees and assumes no one will abuse the system. The morality is very high and the business is a family.

But why does the business owner has to provide health care coverage? That is very expensive!

Old 10-01-2015, 07:29 AM

^^ Once baby boomers are wiped out from this country, millenials will adopt European work and labor system I bet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies