Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 12:19 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
That is total and utter BS. This has been explained to you. If you don't understand the whole Reagan/mental health funding thing, then look it up..
It's not BS..You Liberals were more worried about some psycho's "rights" more than the people they hurt when left on the streets. You people are doing it again now with the DP and life in prison. You won't be satisfied until ALL violent people are roaming the streets and nobody can defend themselves from them, then you will cry about some other injustice while looking the other way from the complete disaster you created as usual.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:20 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,545,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsDEN View Post
We, as Citizens of the USA, have a second ammendment Right to Bear Arms.

Perhaps the folks who would like that Right to be repealed, can be more honest in their 'end game'
and have an honest debate - rather than trying to frame the issue as the country needing some 'common sense gun control'
as that does not seem to be the ultimate goal.

the same can be said for the folks opposed to the Death Penalty - as my understanding is that their ultimate goal
is to also abolish 'life' sentences as well as the death penalty, as they too are considered 'inhumane' punishments
Gun control in the US has been occurring for years, with the 2nd Amendment intact. People are calling for better gun control, since the status quo isn't working.

Sounds logical and it just a continuing of gun control in the US. The ultimate goal, is for the madness to stop.

As for the Death Penalty, and it opponents. I'm against the Death Penalty ( since mistakes occur, and it does not deter crime ) but I'm for life imprisonment on certain charges.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:21 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Here is a question: being that a lot of (if not most) mass shooters tend to rant about something on social media, or on internet forums (the FBI claims that very few people actually just "snap. They tend to plan out shootings in advance), would you be OK with the NSA being given more authority to monitor the internet behavior of US residents?...
Doesnt matter if people are ok with it or not. They have and will continue to monitor everything. Doesnt mean they will stop anything though but feel safe that master government is watching.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:26 PM

572 posts, read 552,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Gun control in the US has been occurring for years, with the 2nd Amendment intact. People are calling for better gun control, since the status quo isn't working.

Sounds logical and it just a continuing of gun control in the US. The ultimate goal, is for the madness to stop.
exactly what measures would be effective in stopping the madness,
while not further infringing upon the rights of the law abiding citizenry -
in your opinion/perspective?

Old 10-06-2015, 12:54 PM

659 posts, read 312,578 times
Default See comment 1272...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsDEN View Post
exactly what measures would be effective in stopping the madness,
while not further infringing upon the rights of the law abiding citizenry -
in your opinion/perspective?
Maybe to help answer your question, you might consider some of mine, that I wrote up in comment #1272?

I am curious how the anti-gun control crowd might respond to some of my questions, if not the ultimate one, "why not" even if we can't agree anything will work?

Old 10-06-2015, 12:59 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Default And whaddaya know... Mother of Umpqua shooter stockpiled guns, took son to shooting range...just like Newtown mom

Sounds like she was a good little conservative!

And she was a medical professional who KNEW her son had emotional and mental problems - just like Lanza's mom.

That's two gun fanatic parents in one year who did everything they could to maximize their deranged kids' exposure to lethal weapons.

I really think that if you're encouraging your autistic and emotionally damaged kid to play with weapons, you should face prison times when that kid takes what you taught him and murders a classroom full of innocent kids.

But the truth is... we will learn NOTHING from this as a society because gun nuts think there is nothing wrong with any of this and they call all the shots (literally and figuratively). Last time around we had a lot of people defending Lanza's mom, I'm sure we'll have a lot of that this time around, too.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2384460

Quote:
The mother of the Oregon mass murderer stockpiled firearms because she feared stricter gun laws — and shopped around for a shooting range that would let her and her son fire away without supervision, the Daily News has learned.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/us...arms.html?_r=0

Quote:
Unlike his father, who said on television that he had no idea Mr. Harper-Mercer cared so deeply about guns, his mother was well aware of his fascination. In fact, she shared it: In a series of online postings over a decade, Ms. Harper, a nurse, said she kept numerous firearms in her home and expressed pride in her knowledge about them, as well as in her son’s expertise on the subject.

She also opened up about her difficulties raising a son who used to bang his head against the wall, and said that both she and her son struggled with Asperger’s syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder. She tried to counsel others whose children faced similar problems.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:03 PM

572 posts, read 552,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
Like I commented before, I don't think there is any real way to prevent gun violence .....
Quote:
Maybe to help answer your question, you might consider some of mine, that I wrote up in comment #1272?

I am curious how the anti-gun control crowd might respond to some of my questions, if not the ultimate one, "why not" even if we can't agree anything will work?
I think you answered your own question - and mine.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:05 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,043 times
Honda.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:34 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Sounds like she was a good little conservative!

And she was a medical professional who KNEW her son had emotional and mental problems - just like Lanza's mom.

That's two gun fanatic parents in one year who did everything they could to maximize their deranged kids' exposure to lethal weapons.

I really think that if you're encouraging your autistic and emotionally damaged kid to play with weapons, you should face prison times when that kid takes what you taught him and murders a classroom full of innocent kids.
Too bad he didn't kill her first, like the other nutbag did.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:38 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:

All you did in post #1272 was write vague claims that we should "do something". What, exactly, do you suggest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies