Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 10:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Screw Australia.

We've had a National Gun Policy for the last 234 years.

What we need is a National Culture Policy, item number one needs to be to muzzle liberals and curtail their first Ammendment right.

See how that works?

Well... do away with the 2nd, and kiss the 1st goodbye. And no, I'm not interested in changing either. Just pointing out how naive those are on the far left who think that a government that would make a power grab to do away with the 2nd is going to let us keep our other rights, like the 1st for example..... Or the 4th..... or the 5th....

Old 10-02-2015, 10:28 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well... do away with the 2nd, and kiss the 1st goodbye. And no, I'm not interested in changing either. Just pointing out how naive those are on the far left who think that a government that would make a power grab to do away with the 2nd is going to let us keep our other rights, like the 1st for example..... Or the 4th..... or the 5th....
And that's exactly what anti second Ammendment gun grabbers want. If they control the guns, they control the message and then control dissent for their agenda which would include using violence against you once you have no ability to fight back.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:32 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Improved security measures at all schools and public gathering places would be an excellent start, to include metal detectors. Costs money but it is effective. I'm willing to pay my share. More training for teachers and professors to recognize students with the potential to create a similar circumstance. Yes occasionally there will be people unjustly questioned, but is it worth saving the lives of potential victims? We are all about the victims right? Right? Monitoring of the internet for potential threats... These guys are all posting their intentions... These are a few beginning measures, I am sure there are more that could be implemented as well. That said, regardless of what we do, there will always be the one that slips through all of our defenses in some way and commits another mass murder. Regardless of what we do, we can't stop them all, but we can stop the majority.
What you need is MORE guns!! why not arm all or your schoolchildren with two guns each? Make them big ones too! If everybody carried more guns then whenever somebody starts a shootin you could all join in and before you know it everyone 'bad' will be dead! Why not take your kids to school in a Sherman Tank just to be sure they're safe? Perhaps if everybody in school wore bullet proof clothes and carried assault rifles and only travelled in bullet proof vehicles then everyone will be safe? Arm the teachers too a few grenades each should help 'keep the kids safe' from any of the 'other' nutters with guns? Sounds to me like the right idea you can then all pat yourselves on the back and stand proud about your 'second amendment' keeping you all safe and secure and alive, unlike say Australia where they have to have a 'license' before getting a gun and where the kids can go to school without getting shot to death but they are obviously not proper 'free'!

Old 10-02-2015, 10:36 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
And that's exactly what anti second Ammendment gun grabbers want. If they control the guns, they control the message and then control dissent for their agenda which would include using violence against you once you have no ability to fight back.
It's already happening with laws, like 5150-5155 here in CA, which tie into the DoJ. Every state has adopted them and are now using them to disarm law abiding people. In the process, more times than not, the police actually break the law they're supposedly enforcing.

More than 20,000 people in California alone lost their 2nd amendment rights last year, for anything from saying something facetious in jest to being depressed. I'm sorry, but has anyone ever not been depressed at some point in their lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What you need is MORE guns!! why not arm all or your schoolchildren with two guns each?
People like you definitely should not have guns. You've proven yourself a poor responder to the facts, so you'd be dangerous armed.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:36 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What you need is MORE guns!! why not arm all or your schoolchildren with two guns each? Make them big ones too! If everybody carried more guns then whenever somebody starts a shootin you could all join in and before you know it everyone 'bad' will be dead! Why not take your kids to school in a Sherman Tank just to be sure they're safe? Perhaps if everybody in school wore bullet proof clothes and carried assault rifles and only travelled in bullet proof vehicles then everyone will be safe? Arm the teachers too a few grenades each should help 'keep the kids safe' from any of the 'other' nutters with guns? Sounds to me like the right idea you can then all pat yourselves on the back and stand proud about your 'second amendment' keeping you all safe and secure and alive, unlike say Australia where they have to have a 'license' before getting a gun and where the kids can go to school without getting shot to death but they are obviously not proper 'free'!
You have mental issues and should not have guns

Old 10-02-2015, 10:37 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We need a national gun policy.
We have a national policy. How would you like that changed ?

Old 10-02-2015, 10:38 AM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The founding fathers could have never foreseen what we are dealing with now.
If you are referring to mass shooting and murders during the early period of this country's history, the rates were many more times that of what it is today.

http://thepublicintellectual.org/wp-...Stylized-2.png

Old 10-02-2015, 10:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:

Some irony, and when I point it out the progressives don't want to address it. Look at some of the posts, and insults at those who support the 2nd Amendment. One in particular on another thread about this topic alluded to stripping guns from all citizens, and forcing a mental evaluation! WTF???? Then they'll point out that if there is a confiscation that it will end badly for those who oppose it, because the government will crush it! It's almost like they want that to happen, and want our society, and way of life to come apart at the seams! I guess they don't learn what happens from history, in which there are numerous examples of when a government becomes too big, too powerful, and too controlling against its citizens! The results aren't pretty, and I'll stick to the principles that the Founders of this nation drafted up, as opposed to the crappy ideologies from other countries where their citizens tend to more or less be "subjects" and not free people, because while our Founders were NOT without their flaws (they were human after all), their model on how a government should operate is still the best model!

Old 10-02-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It's already happening with laws, like 5150-5155 here in CA, which tie into the DoJ. Every state has adopted them and are now using them to disarm law abiding people. In the process, more times than not, the police actually break the law they're supposedly enforcing.

More than 20,000 people in California alone lost their 2nd amendment rights last year, for anything from saying something facetious in jest to being depressed. I'm sorry, but has anyone ever not been depressed at some point in their lives?

People like you definitely should not have guns. You've proven yourself a poor responder to the facts, so you'd be dangerous armed.

Im very aware of 5150 as I've had to deal with the mental illness of a relative for the last 10 years.

Jason Davis and CalGuns are two names you better know if you own guns in the state of California.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You have mental issues and should not have guns
Yup, Definate emotional outburst from that poster I believe an immediate 5150 hold would be appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies