Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 11:26 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Nothing. Not a damn thing. Not a single one of my guns jumped out and went off to kill someone.

Just a friendly reminder to the intellectually dishonest and fundamentally disingenuous folks on the liberal left: Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
Conservatives always love to repeat this absurdly stupid statement, as if it had anything to do with any point that anyone is trying to make.

Yes, we know. Guns don't kill people; deranged people with easy access to guns kill people. ..which is kind of the WHOLE PROBLEM. And they get easy access to guns thanks to conservatives and their gun lobby. Tell us what else is new...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 11:28 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then tell us what is the problem? What do all these mass shootings have in common?
Too easy access to guns. That's the cause. Period. Everything else is just an excuse or a justification.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Too easy access to guns. That's the cause. Period. Everything else is just an excuse or a justification.
Which is all we get from Republicans and conservatives that pretend like there is nothing that can be done about this as it becomes more and more frequent. I wonder how many more people have to die before they consider it to be an issue....

Old 10-01-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Which is all we get from Republicans and conservatives that pretend like there is nothing that can be done about this as it becomes more and more frequent. I wonder how many more people have to die before they consider it to be an issue....
I was sure when 20 little children were gunned down in cold blood that would be the impetus. But instead all we got a bunch of rightwingers claiming it was a hoax. If that incident and the horrible aftermath by the gun lovers doesn't shame us as a country I fear we are beyond hope.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:34 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The mentally ill are not the problem, they are scape goated by conservatives and a tool to pass more gun control by democrats.
you are right, to a point. the mentally ill are not the entire problem, but they are a part of the problem.

Quote:
rubbish. the problem is not guns, its the attitude of the people wielding those guns. how many people shoot someone just to watch them die? how many gang shootings are there because one group invaded anothers turf? how many people are murdered because they got into an argument with another hot head?

now how many of those dead would be any less dead if they were cut up with a large knife? or beaten with a baseball bat? would it make things better for you if all those shot with a gun were strangled to death instead?

Old 10-01-2015, 11:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Remember, you are talking to people that believe in Utopia, fairies and fairy dust..

Old 10-01-2015, 11:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
I was sure when 20 little children were gunned down in cold blood that would be the impetus. But instead all we got a bunch of rightwingers claiming it was a hoax. If that incident and the horrible aftermath by the gun lovers doesn't shame us as a country I fear we are beyond hope.
The hoax thing was the last straw for me, that is pretty much when I gave up on conservatives and right wingers, at that point it would have to be them who are directly affected by a mass shooting before they might even open there eyes to the problem....and even then I think they would still find an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Remember, you are talking to people that believe in Utopia, fairies and fairy dust..
And we are talking to people who willingly accept carnage on a weekly basis and just shrug and say, oh, well, there's nothing to be done. Every other civilized country in the world can do it, but we can't. Hmm, I wonder who the next group of students to be gunned down will be? Ah, what does that matter to me as long as I still have my guns...

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You mean conservative Christians?

Old 10-01-2015, 11:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
And we are talking to people who willingly accept carnage on a weekly basis and just shrug and say, oh, well, there's nothing to be done. Every other civilized country in the world can do it, be we can't. Hmm, I wonder who the next group of students to be gunned down will be? Ah, what does that matter to me as long as I still have my guns...
In the other thread I offered solutions, but you aren't interested in solutions. You are only interested in confiscations. As long as you are not willing to work along another vein, then these shootings will continue. Many of them could be prevented, but if it doesn't include taking someones firearm away from them, then you are interested. You are fine with the carnage unless it is prevented in the way that YOU want it to be prevented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies