Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 09:47 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times

Advertisements

When the scumbag killed a bunch of church worshipers in SC a while back, I started a thread about being disappointed on how the very first day, Obama injected race into the issue.
Many Obama fans came out of the woodwork and explained how they thought it appropriate to do so.
While I did not agree with most of them, we all have different perspectives, so they are certainly entitled to their opinion.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...p-himself.html

Now that some scumbag has killed people and specifically targeted Christians, one wonders why Obama did not make mention of this fact, like he does when black people are victims at the hands of criminals targeting them because of race.

Any thoughts?

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 09:49 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,983 times
As Jeb! would say: "Stuff happens!"

Old 10-02-2015, 11:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
When the scumbag killed a bunch of church worshipers in SC a while back, I started a thread about being disappointed on how the very first day, Obama injected race into the issue.
Many Obama fans came out of the woodwork and explained how they thought it appropriate to do so.
While I did not agree with most of them, we all have different perspectives, so they are certainly entitled to their opinion.

Now that some scumbag has killed people and specifically targeted Christians, one wonders why Obama did not make mention of this fact, like he does when black people are victims at the hands of criminals targeting them because of race.

Any thoughts?

`
Yep. I have lots of thoughts.

You see, when that last shooing happened, Obama was saying that people got shot and stuff. After that, we saw the news and then we believed it but we couldn't believe too. Then he was saying something about this Oregon shooting, and I saw this thread about the shooter shooting Christians and it made me sad. Obama needs to speak up about what happened because people don't understand what's going on. I'm confused myself a little bit. But I kinda understand it. Somewhat anyway.

That sums up my thoughts.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:

Any thoughts?

`
Probably because no one found out about the Christian part until after the president made his speech.

As of now, yes he should speak on it, no one disagrees about that, but my question is, are you now saying you agree that he should have spoke about race when he did ????

Old 10-02-2015, 11:27 PM

358 posts, read 283,040 times
He spoke about it before he found out Christians were the target

Old 10-02-2015, 11:39 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Probably because no one found out about the Christian part until after the president made his speech.

As of now, yes he should speak on it, no one disagrees about that, but my question is, are you now saying you agree that he should have spoke about race when he did ????
Should he? The facts aren't in and we have people who were in the room and got shot saying he didn't target Christians.

Gunman in Oregon college shooting executed classmates, saying 'I'll see you soon' | OregonLive.com

Old 10-02-2015, 11:55 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:

Any thoughts?

`
I don't watch that clown bloviate, so what did he say about race?

As for shooting Christians, I was watching the LiveStream all day, and Courtney, the student, came out with her story about how loser shooter asked the religion of the student before shooting them, and it was stated on the air, hesitantly, (I keep adding this, no one listens), just before, and I mean JUST before Obama was supposed to speak. I'm going to guess he didn't know.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:05 AM

884 posts, read 716,355 times
There was a post (ill try find the link) recently stating since Obmamas 2nd term there has been a mass shooting in this country every week give or take just a couple. Now the FBI states a mass shooting = 4 or more victims. Is there a provable correlation? Probably not but it sure makes one think, and it makes me dam sad...

Old 10-03-2015, 12:10 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:

Any thoughts?

`
"Koolaid drinking Obama supporters" will think that you were trying reeeeally, really hard to have a coherent point, but failed miserably.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:15 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Of course not.

As I said multiple times in the previous thread, there is a time and place for everything. The scum that perpetrated this crime should not have his named mentioned (like some of the sane people are doing in this case), and the victims should be properly mourned. The reason/motivation behind the scumbag criminals actions are irrelevant when the bodies are still above ground. The victims, including the living ones should be the primary focus, not the insanity and/or evil reasons of the perpetrator.

There will be plenty of time for that, along with the political opportunism that always seems to come with tragedies like this.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies