Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2015, 07:25 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,767,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
OK, let me make it real simple for you;
If Sam Waltons of this world wouldn't have decided to make money on the backs of the Chinese ( threatening Americans with the kind of threats you've mentioned here,) and then later American government wouldn't have run to borrow form the Chinese ( and the rest,) the mess that America is in (on domestic and international fronts) wouldn't have happened. So the idea of "profits are above all" doesn't always pay off, now does it?
Sure it pays off. Just not for the little people.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:31 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Sure it pays off. Just not for the little people.
Of course the Wal-Mart nation served primarily those on top - initially so to speak. But the more things are progressing, the more it's obvious that those on top are in deep doo-doo as well. And the more they are trying to tighten the screws on their fellow Americans, the more the ground is crumbling under their own feet.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:37 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,767,469 times
Quote:
Of course the Wal-Mart nation served primarily those on top - initially so to speak. But the more things are progressing, the more it's obvious that those on top are in deep doo-doo as well. And the more they are trying to tighten the screws on their fellow Americans, the more the ground is crumbling under their own feet.
I hope you're right, but I dunno.

Looks to me like the more the billionaires tighten the screws, the more servile and self-hating the American working class becomes.

There was a time when working men in America stood up for their own interests and would even DIE in support of their rights as workers. But these days their great grandsons have been convinced by carnival-barkers that it's more manly to lick the boots of rich men.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:14 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,627,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
If you were not a slave you would not have to work for anyone, including your customers.
I don't think you know what a slave is

Old 10-05-2015, 03:45 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,857,695 times
Quote:
I am glad you recognize the government job gives you better hours. One would think the private sector could do the same, but the interest and motivation are different than yours. They worry about the profit margin and hope that you as a worker can make money for them. If you go back to them you would be working to increase the profit margin of the owner. Are you OK with that? That is a form of slavery. And yes, there is such a thing as voluntary slavery.
The better time off policy that the Gov. gives is to offset the really crappy pay, and why would I not want the company I work for and it's owners or stock holders to be successful?
Equating voluntary paid work with slavery is nonsense!
Why not just be honest and admit that you want all the trappings and luxury of the first world, but you want other people to pay for it.

bill

Old 10-05-2015, 03:54 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
They have to give, give, give.

Whatever happened to earning it?

Old 10-05-2015, 04:01 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,857,695 times
Quote:
OK, let me make it real simple for you;
If Sam Waltons of this world wouldn't have decided to make money on the backs of the Chinese ( threatening Americans with the kind of threats you've mentioned here,) and then later American government wouldn't have run to borrow from the Chinese ( and the rest,) the mess that America is in (on domestic and international fronts) wouldn't have happened. So the idea of "profits are above all" doesn't always pay off, now does it?
So your advocating for actual slavery, were American citizens are not allowed to interact and expand there business oversees, You want the gov. to force business to only be profitable for its workers. please tell me why anyone would even bother to start a business then? There was a country that tried that once it was called the Soviet Union, it didn't work out.

bill

Old 10-05-2015, 05:36 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
I don't think you know what a slave is
I am not saying you are a traditional slave.

I am saying that you are obligated to work to keep your head above water. That is what I mean by slavery----------you have to work to put food on the table. And by doing this you are at the whim of your boss or customers.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:37 AM

45,373 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
I am not saying you are a traditional slave.

I am saying that you are obligated to work to keep your head above water. That is what I mean by slavery----------you have to work to put food on the table. And by doing this you are at the whim of your boss or customers.
And that is different in what way from the situation in 1975, 1960, 1950............................1915 or earlier?

Old 10-05-2015, 05:40 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
The better time off policy that the Gov. gives is to offset the really crappy pay, and why would I not want the company I work for and it's owners or stock holders to be successful?
Equating voluntary paid work with slavery is nonsense!
Why not just be honest and admit that you want all the trappings and luxury of the first world, but you want other people to pay for it.

bill
You are correct!

In the government there is no need to increment the wealth of those above you so they tend to be much more relaxed with your hours.

However, when you work FOR a private person it is your duty to create wealth for the boss with the sweat of your brow. If you do not create wealth for the job then your work is meaningless. If you are productive the boss makes money by employing you.

You are WORKING for another human. Are you really OK with that? And this HUMAN has enormous power over you. Are you OK with that sort of submission?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies