Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 06:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Yes, you do. Your arguments are fallacious and barely concealed attempts at promoting total firearm confiscation. You can't even admit that the GFZSA is a complete failure; you'd rather twist around the topic and push for even further gun control laws.
Nope, and no need to be so angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 06:25 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Nope, and no need to be so angry.
Angry? Far from it. I've actually enjoyed your attempts to seem like a reasonable person who merely wants "common sense" regulation of firearms. Of curse, when it is pointed out to you that "common sense" gun laws have little to do with common sense and have actually done more harm than good in this country you continue to toe the "do it for the sake of the children" line like a good little gun grabber.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
unless one has been adjudicated as being mentally defective, there is NO reason to deny them the right to keep and bear arms. we have to follow proper due process. and forcing people to be screened for a mental illness they might have, without proof by the way, is an infringement on ones rights. sorry but you lose on this.

What is your definition for "adjudicated as being mentally defective?"

Old 10-10-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Angry? Far from it. I've actually enjoyed your attempts to seem like a reasonable person who merely wants "common sense" regulation of firearms. Of curse, when it is pointed out to you that "common sense" gun laws have little to do with common sense and have actually done more harm than good in this country you continue to toe the "do it for the sake of the children" line like a good little gun grabber.

This is your opinion only.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:30 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
This is your opinion only.
No kidding? We're on an internet forum where people post their opinions and other people dispute those opinions. That's the nature of discussion.

However, from reading your posts in this and other threads on firearms, I'd bet fairly good money that I'm right on calling you out as a gun grabber.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
No kidding? We're on an internet forum where people post their opinions and other people dispute those opinions. That's the nature of discussion.

However, from reading your posts in this and other threads on firearms, I'd bet fairly good money that I'm right on calling you out as a gun grabber.
Wrong. This woman is my hero:Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's OK to Shoot - ABC News

I am just sick and tired of the rhetoric of the NRA. Take the initiative and help with solutions! Armed guards and "good guys with guns" are false security and perhaps even dangerous.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:39 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
I have no issue with mentally sound people having a gun, it is the mentally disturbed owning assault firearms I have a problem with. Why is the right so determined to not screen gun owners for mental illness? Are, in fact, the very people we don't want to have guns, the people who are fighting against mental health screenings?

As far as an armed guard at schools; they provide a false sense of security unless we have one in every classroom, bathroom, cafeteria, school bus, gym, locker room, etc.... Obviously the shooter will pick whatever area the armed guard is not at the time and open fire with a semi-automatic.
You're right. What are banks thinking? Just think that they are targeted first during a bank robbery. Want to guess why more banks without armed security guards get robbed more?

Old 10-10-2015, 07:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
What is your definition for "adjudicated as being mentally defective?"
adjudicated=having gone through the legal court proceedings.
mentally defective=just that. a defect being that which is not right.

or have your jr high school teachers not taught you things like that yet?

Old 10-11-2015, 08:54 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,473,399 times
Quote:
The very thing that you think protects you, puts your house at risk for burglary.
So does wearing jewelry and having a nice car.

That doesn't change the fact that my wife and daughter have a 99.9% chance of stopping violent rape and sexual assault. Doesn't change the fact that every time another shooting happens the shooting stops when return fire comes their way [usually suicide. Few exceptions]. Doesn't change the fact that you are grabbing at straws to make another anti gun argument.

Ohh and Harvard just released a study, it also shows no correlation between more guns =more shooting. It plainly says the opposite is more the truth more guns = less crime.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:27 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Every time there is a shooting in the US (except Chicago), there is aa call for "new" gun laws.

Can anyone tell me what new gun law would have prevented the Oregon shooting, or any other shooting?

explain to me what laws do you think criminals will actually follow?

any gun law is useless against the criminal as they do not follow the law. gun control laws are only there to control the already law abiding citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies