Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 05:30 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh, for women it's often the looks.
It's a bit different story than for men in general, so don't judge them by your own standards.
If we all could have our "princess and princesses," wouldn't life be dandy?
Still, we all have the choice of controlling our loins. That is a big piece of advice my father gave me. One reason I've never had sex. At the very least, more women can do that. We don't have to be "princes" and "princesses". We can at least make better decisions. One of those decisions is to wait until one finds a good partner to build a life with, instead of chasing one night stands.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:33 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
[quote=erjunkee;41441197]
Quote:
From what I've observed, usually these women do not have choice of "decent men vs crappy men," and somehow they pick the crappy ones among all the good ones, that are "offered to them."
The choices are more like "take a crappy man or you'll have no one at all
."

Cry me a river.

I'm unsympathetic.

You decide who you allow to enter inside of you. (Rape excluded, of course).

This is a 100% choice.

Yes, it's a choice of having no one at all ( which would suit YOU ( as a taxpayer I assume) better), or accepting what's offered. Isn't it what I've said?
( As for "crying you a river" - wait, I am running low on Mountain Dew; I need more liquid to produce those precious bodily fluids you know... But I'll do it. Just for you. )

Old 10-04-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
No, they have a choice of a crappy but 'exciting' man or a decent but 'boring' man. They choose the former.
I'd say it works more in case of boring/not boring white guys...

Old 10-04-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
All I know is this. People are having babies in droves out of wedlock because the woman qualifies for govt benefits she would not receive if they were married. And, yeah, they do it on purpose, continue to live together as a couple, and reap the benefits. I know people of all colors that do this. It is not exclusive to one race.
One reason I recommend that everyone control themselves. Out of wedlock births are a result of men and women not controlling their loins, and picking crappy partners.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Still, we all have the choice of controlling our loins. That is a big piece of advice my father gave me. One reason I've never had sex. At the very least, more women can do that. We don't have to be "princes" and "princesses". We can at least make better decisions. One of those decisions is to wait until one finds a good partner to build a life with, instead of chasing one night stands.
"Better decisions" for whom exactly?
I am not sure what these women consider a "better decision" - to be alone till the rest of their lives or to have a child at least.
Now "a better decision for a man" - that's a whole different story.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
"Better decisions" for whom exactly?
I am not sure what these women consider a "better decision" - to be alone till the rest of their lives or to have a child at least.
Now "a better decision for a man" - that's a whole different story.
Better to spend the rest of one's life alone than to struggle with raising a child out of wedlock. Better to live alone than deal with a crappy man.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Better to spend the rest of one's life alone than to struggle with raising a child out of wedlock. Better to live alone than deal with a crappy man.
As I've said - that's MAN's perspective.
But you have to ask those women what's THEIR perspective on that, and whether they'd do it all over again, already knowing what they went through while raising that child.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
But you have to ask those women what's THEIR perspective on that, and whether they'd do it all over again, already knowing what they went through while raising that child.
It might seem like "a man's perspective", but it is what it is. One can think rationally on this topic or to think irrationally. If a woman has a child out of wedlock, she has to ask what part she played in it, as well as that man. If that woman is in growing up in a place where alot of men are no good, then it would be important to work as hard as possible to get away from there.

A "woman's perspective" does not refute the fact that if a woman picks a crappy man, she will get crappy results. Period. Both the woman and the man share responsibility in creating out of wedlock children.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:09 PM

[quote=erjunkee;41441197]
Quote:
From what I've observed, usually these women do not have choice of "decent men vs crappy men," and somehow they pick the crappy ones among all the good ones, that are "offered to them."
The choices are more like "take a crappy man or you'll have no one at all
."

Cry me a river.

I'm unsympathetic.

You decide who you allow to enter inside of you. (Rape excluded, of course).

This is a 100% choice.
I would not say "cry me a river". However I do sometimes find myself feeling unsympathetic when a woman has alot of children out of wedlock. I feel for those children more than anyone else.

It is irrational to not look and see if a certain man is worth being with. It is also irrational when a man does not check to see if a woman is worth being with.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter what one's perspective is. What matters is the bottom line in this. What matters is this: What are the consequences of making ill-advisable decisions, such as being promiscuous, laying down with someone who is not husband/father material?

There are consequences for that man too. Child support laws work out in such a way in which a man can be locked up.

My point is this. The woman and the man are responsible for their decisions, both parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies