Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 01:34 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
Assault weapons are for the military. Knowing about guns beyond that, not required. We are a gun owning house, not scared. Those people and those weapons terrifying in the wrong hands. That place was FULL to capacity with "wrong hands". My observatio, my opinion, only. Perhaps you look like them so they don't scare you.
What you know as an assault weapon, is NOT a military grade weapon. It has no capacity to fire in full auto or select fire. It has no more and in fact is less lethal than a hunting rifle. That it scares YOU doesn't make it a weapon that shouldn't be in the hands of anyone but the military. The military wouldn't even use one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 01:35 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
You would be right. I was ashamed as an American citizen to bother. But we did walk the whole place in search of some normal sportsmen type set-ups, didn't find many but there were some.
lot of white America does not want to admit there is still prejudice against minorities in this country. that blacks are singled out and treated differently by some police. just like the ex pro tennis player that a month ago was taken down by force by an undercover agent on the streets of NY as he stood just waiting for a cab. same issue with not wanting to accept there are a huge number of dumb ass, low intelligent Caucasians as you described in our country. sometimes a good ol' boy is a criminal, has mental issues as well. are all good ol' boys bad, of course not but don't try to pretend that our jails are not full of em'.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:40 PM

17,543 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
My husband and I, while living in the south attempted to go to a "sportsman" type event both in Florida and Texas. He owning 6 or 7 hunting rifles thought it would be like these events 30 years ago, with tents, camping equipment and the like. lol! What a joke on us. We were so distracted by the low life humans walking around dressed in their finest camo , most of their teeth missing, beer guts almost every one, all looking at the most obscene bunch of assault weapons, and knives and weapons that were probabl invented during the dark ages when humans were still using the rack and other torture devices. Long past is the time of sportsmen, now we just have those wanna be warriors just waiting for the armagetton they intend to start and God help those that are just sportsmen. Now they can all get drunk and kill off all the wildlife and start on the humans that aren't the same color as them. Yeeeeeeeha!
MrsM and I attended a local gun show and at least half in attendance were well dressed women. https://thewellarmedwoman.com/ now has chapters in all 50 states.

And, where the Hell do you come off saying
Quote:
Now they can all get drunk and kill off all the wildlife and start on the humans that aren't the same color as them. Yeeeeeeeha!
?????? Sounds pretty damned racist to me

Old 10-05-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I understand that not all criminals are black, but I also understand that all criminals are not what are classified as rednecks. Some criminals wear a tie to work then go home and commit a murder. So what's your point?
point being some people that hang at gun shows should probably not be able to get a hold of a gun so easily. btw criminals with ties normally don't use a gun. were talking street crimes, these are done with guns by the stereotypical low life, they come in all colors and yes, some do go to gun shows.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:42 PM

218 posts, read 214,351 times
Quote:
Had the FBI simply waited for Koresch to leave the compound, (which he an his leaders regularly did) they could have been arrested without incident. Instead, Janet Reno, decided to make a display of power. If not for the government, not a single life had to be lost. You stated in an earlier post that these people were more or less the criminal type that were at the gun show you attended. If you like I can go back to find the post. If they purchased a assault weapon, they either passed a background check or possessed a conceal carry permit, which requires a more extensive background check and allows a person who has that permit to merely fill out the form and they can have the firearm. Go take a look at the FBI statistics on what type of weapons are used in crimes. You will find that assault weapons are at the very bottom of the list. In fact they are categorized with rifles and even being lumped in together with plain jane rifles, they are still at the bottom of the list.
Well that simply isn't true. We were there on day one, and people were walking out with assault weapons and could not have had any background checks, they obviously weren't required then (from 10 to 15 years ago), and I believe they are called "gun show loopholes" for a reason. I don't disagree with your assessment of Janet Reno. But that doesn't negate the fact he killed his own family by setting that fire, or it happened accidentally and they couldn't get out in time. I did, in fact watch the whole thing. He was still a militia type nutcase with military grade weapons, he most likely bought at gun shows. Which was the topic. As to FBI statistics, it doesn't matter that assault rifles are on the bottom of a list or in the middle of a list, no one but the military has any reason to own one, and certainly not lots of them. They don't shoot rabbits or deer, they aren't used as protection from intruders, they kill people, they have no other reason to be built, they have only one purpose, killing people. No one has the right, 2nd amendment or not, to have a weapon of any kind, designed for the specific purpose of killing and murdering. There are no legitimate reasons for the general citizenry to own assault weapons of any kind, ever, and no amount of NRA speak will change that. Once that ridiculous argument is over, we can then begin to talk about stopping other types of gun violence...hand guns and the like.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times
Quote:
You would be right. I was ashamed as an American citizen to bother. But we did walk the whole place in search of some normal sportsmen type set-ups, didn't find many but there were some.
How many of them assaulted you or even approached you? My appearance would probably surprise you.. I am short haired, clean shaven and an older man. No, I don't fit the description you are giving, but, I know that for the most part you are extremely over reacting to their presence.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Had the FBI simply waited for Koresch to leave the compound, (which he an his leaders regularly did) they could have been arrested without incident. Instead, Janet Reno, decided to make a display of power. If not for the government, not a single life had to be lost. You stated in an earlier post that these people were more or less the criminal type that were at the gun show you attended. If you like I can go back to find the post. If they purchased a assault weapon, they either passed a background check or possessed a conceal carry permit, which requires a more extensive background check and allows a person who has that permit to merely fill out the form and they can have the firearm. Go take a look at the FBI statistics on what type of weapons are used in crimes. You will find that assault weapons are at the very bottom of the list. In fact they are categorized with rifles and even being lumped in together with plain jane rifles, they are still at the bottom of the list.
Oh yeah, and koresch had enough food and supplies and ammunition to hold out for more than 6 months. I don't expect the FBI under anyone's watch to spend 6 months in a ridiculous waiting game.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I never mentioned the word "criminal types", I was thinking much more along the lines of ignorant, moron types!

Old 10-05-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
How many of them assaulted you or even approached you? My appearance would probably surprise you.. I am short haired, clean shaven and an older man. No, I don't fit the description you are giving, but, I know that for the most part you are extremely over reacting to their presence.
not my question and I am coming into the thread late. however criminals normally don't do their crimes at gun shows. even the clean cut older types. as far as perception, you know the types of people you are comfortable with at any event.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Funny how my husband thought the same thing and wanted to leave. He was highly disappointed, although not much scares him. Maybe I was grossed out, more than scared. At any rate, I wouldn't hang out with this sort of people in my lifestyle under any circumstances, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies