Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 03:30 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
If your present coarse is just fine, please enjoy your failure. You asked for an example of a law that is not enforced. Well here is one for you.. If you are a felon and attempt to go in and legally purchase a firearm through a gun shop and you are denied for your felony, you have just violated federal law. Don't worry, you won't be arrested and even if you are out on parole, you won't be revoked. You can go on your merry way. When I mentioned armed security, the first words out of your mouth were we can't afford it. Well we can afford it. We have to afford it.
Some how San Diego can afford it. Funny how we have a real actual solution to put in place and they don't want it. It's stupid to be top heavy with other administrators when something like that is needed and already available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 03:35 PM

218 posts, read 214,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsDEN View Post
the Feds are on a downward trend with respect to prosecuting federal firearms cases, especially as they relate to known violent offenders -- folks in the know indicate that the Feds are instead going after dealers, manufacturers, and traffickers - instead of the known criminal element
Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch - Washington Times

While President Obama decries gun violence and presses for more laws to restrict ownership, his Justice Department has prosecuted 25 percent fewer cases referred by the main law enforcement agency charged with reducing firearms violence across the country, a computer analysis of U.S. prosecution data shows.

Federal prosecutors, current and former ATF agents and gun law researchers told The Times that the downward trend in ATF-related prosecutions primarily reflects a Justice Department shift away from tracking down one-off violent offenders and toward prosecuting more complicated regulatory-type cases, which take longer to develop.

“Within the later part of the Bush years, case selections within the ATF have gone from mostly violent crime cases — which is their forte — toward the regulatory, where they look at dealers, manufacturers and trafficking cases,” said Robert Sanders, a former ATF assistant director. “The agency’s philosophy has shifted to guns are the problem and access to guns are the problem, rather than the criminal being the direct indicator of crime"
I suppose your point is you think that a single common criminal is of more importance than arms dealers doing nefarious and illegal things. Dealers, manufacturers and traffickers? Otherwise I don't see your point.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:36 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
I agree. However not one of the weapons mentioned has been a military grade weapon.. Knowledge in this area will be an asset to you.
Quote:
[/b]

I am thinking you still believe this is an automatic weapon and it isn't. This is what is frustrating to me. People that post things they think and don't know. Please.... Go do some research.... Find out what you are talking about and get back to me.
I may not know what names of guns are what, what "classification" to put them in, that doesn't take away from the issue that rapid fire guns, with the ability to shoot multi rounds in short order be them short or long, scary or painted pink are not meant for anything but destruction and death. you can't use them to protect your home, only a sh*t would use them to hunt.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
No bathtubs, no bathtub drowning deaths.
No dogs, no dog bites. Am I assuming we are done with this stupid game. Couldn't out talk, out write, or outthink me, so we have resorted to this? I'll have to move on soon, if you guys can't do a better job you are beginning to bore.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:39 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I may not know what names of guns are what, what "classification" to put them in, that doesn't take away from the issue that rapid fire guns, with the ability to shoot multi rounds in short order be them short or long, scary or painted pink are not meant for anything but destruction and death. you can't use them to protect your home, only a sh*t would use them to hunt.
Again... I use mine to shoot ferel hogs and it is the ideal firearm for this purpose... Again...Learn a little something...

Old 10-05-2015, 03:42 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
No dogs, no dog bites. Am I assuming we are done with this stupid game. Couldn't out talk, out write, or outthink me, so we have resorted to this? I'll have to move on soon, if you guys can't do a better job you are beginning to bore.
Ahhh... More condescension... You are getting good at it... It's a shame you can't win an argument with facts rather than rhetoric..

Old 10-05-2015, 03:44 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
If your present coarse is just fine, please enjoy your failure. You asked for an example of a law that is not enforced. Well here is one for you.. If you are a felon and attempt to go in and legally purchase a firearm through a gun shop and you are denied for your felony, you have just violated federal law. Don't worry, you won't be arrested and even if you are out on parole, you won't be revoked. You can go on your merry way. When I mentioned armed security, the first words out of your mouth were we can't afford it. Well we can afford it. We have to afford it.
I have no idea what you are talking about.. A friend of mine has a 40 year old son is doing 6 years in a federal prison for possession of a firearm by a felon. His felony occurred 20 years ago. In California possession of a firearm by a felon is a mandatory prison sentence, even if the gun is unloaded and not in the felons immediate possession. In both California and Nevada possession of a firearm by a parolee would not only lead to parole revocation but would lead to a new conviction.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:44 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Again... I use mine to shoot ferel hogs and it is the ideal firearm for this purpose... Again...Learn a little something...
well what about the people who own them that live in the big city, no where near feral pigs?

Old 10-05-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsDEN View Post
in all likelyhood, they were not functional equilavents to the rifles your husband used in VN.
they may have resembled the style of rifle he had used, but they were in all likelyhood not the same.
Somehow as excellent of a marksman as he is, and as well as he knows guns in general, and as often as he used said gun, he probably could tell if one of those guns were military AK47 (I think that was his gun), and didn't just "look like one", but less just pretend you are right if it makes you feel better.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:45 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The rate of fire from a bolt gun can rival a semi-auto weapon. The rate of fire from a pump gun too. That pretty much leaves single or double shot weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies