Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 12:42 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
That popping noise you heard is liberal heads exploding.
Or it was your neighbors kid shooting themselves or their parents by accident because of an irresponsible gun owner. I'm OK with people owning guns what I'm not OK with is whack jobs like some of the posters on here owning an armory because they need to be protected from....OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 12:44 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
As soon as Barry mentions "common sense", I have to laugh at the man who has absolutely zero common sense himself. If we need "common sense" gun laws, why doesn't the left have easy answers? You all know that making every gun owner in America pay a price (that won't have any logical effect) for the actions of a few isn't "common sense". If it were as easy as that, the major cities with the most stringent gun laws would be the least violent places.

Everything is political with Barry....he will NEVER make a statement that could remotely "offend" his base.
Obamacare was Obama's idea of logic. He uses theoretical logic as a template which he places over every issue. that is why he declares victory whether it be the middle east, the economy, healthcare or solyndra.

Obama is not of this earth, a muslim wannabe and media created hologram, common sense escapes him becaue he exists only in theory.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:29 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Common sense gun laws mean things like preventing people with mental problems from owning a gun for example. In fact many of the "common sense" things he has tried to pass along these lines ARE in fact common sense.

Arguing otherwise just indicates you have no idea whats been discussed.

That said-I'm against anything that interferes with the second amendment. Even common sense gun laws.
This is "common sense".

Caught with an illegally owned hand gun....5 years minimum, no parole.

Use a hand gun in a crime, even without pulling it out...10 years minimum, no parole.

Brandish a hand gun during a crime...15 years minimum, no parole.

Fire a hand gun while committing another crime....20 years minimum, no parole.

Wound or kill someone with a hand gun during a crime....life in prison, no parole.

Every sentence will be served with hard labor.

BTW...people with documented mental illnesses cannot legally own a firearm, neither can convicted felons.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Cities in America, are not walled, and dont have check points at their entrances.

By your own standard, you are making just as flawed an argument as Barack Obama is.
Please explain.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The pro-gun crowd seems to have absolutely nothing to offer. I guess they think mass shootings are acceptable.
The leftie anti-gun crowd are the ones who keep putting people at risk with their "gun free zones".

Old 10-04-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What really shows a lack of common sense is that more guns make Americans safer. Or fewer gun laws make us safer.

Does anyone really believe this?
It's a fact, so yes....I believe it. Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns. It has been proven in every single mass shooting.

Take the 7 major ghetto gang banger cities out of the equation and we're one of the safest countries in the world. Fact.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That's funny, because it is the law to wear a seat belt, and have insurance. But the gun humpers want to make it so that anyone can walk in a purchase a gun with little or no question. I too own guns, and want stricter gun laws in America. You know why? It's common sense, just like seat belt and insurance laws are.
That's simply not true. Turn off the Michael moore propaganda.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:51 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Common sense is a made up term. It used to be common sense to think witches existed but that was never true. Common sense is nonsense, usually just someone trying to get others to agree with them. But **** that.

Yeah, Obama's recent statements about gun control are knee jerk reactions. Much of our political system is just that anymore. What do you think Kate's law was? It was an emotionally driven attempt to feel we did something, while doing absolutely nothing to address the real problem because we don't have the stones to tackle it head on.

I'm neither pro gun nor anti-gun. I get why the founding fathers believed what they did about guns, but the world is a radically different place now, and I'm not just talking about guns that can fire 600 rounds a minute. I'm not saying the second amendment is outdated, but you'd be an idiot to suggest it's not dated. No, I don't think banning guns is going to resolve our problems, but I also don't live in some magical world where everyone having the power to hide a machine gun in the pants is going to keep everyone safe.

I'll say this, if common sense did exist, the usual action taken by either side wouldn't be it. Because they never want to do what needs to be done.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:45 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Or it was your neighbors kid shooting themselves or their parents by accident because of an irresponsible gun owner. I'm OK with people owning guns what I'm not OK with is whack jobs like some of the posters on here owning an armory because they need to be protected from....OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAA
What is considered an Armory?

I collect guns like Leno collects cars like some people collect art.

Leave my collection alone.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:04 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
We used to have commen sense in Americans, as a whole. But somewhere along the line, the NRA and their powerful backers, the arms industry, started making everyone believe that it was ok to make military grade armaments and distribute them amongst the citizenry. Then when Americans said, hey wait a minute, why are we allowing this disgraceful thing to happen to our country and our children, they ducked behind a 2nd amendment that NEVER was intended for the purposes they say and the crazy began. No one gave a thought to arming themselves in the 60s, 70,s 80s then profiteering entered the picture and now we have mess of dead bodies scattered on everyone's doorsteps, disgusting and unnecessary.
^^^ This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies