Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 01:21 AM

409 posts, read 258,657 times

Advertisements

They did the exact same thing with the illegal immigrant who killed the woman in San Francisco a few months ago.

CNN: Suspect in San Francisco woman's death deported 5 times - CNN.com
http://2ps46p2qeea548gs4x33cbdz.wpen...nd-killer-.jpg

Reality:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...6215869399.jpg

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-05-2015 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 06:42 AM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I don't know if this is any kind of a conspiracy, but why would CNN photoshop the picture to begin with, and why make such an extreme change from the original?
There was the same controversy with OJ pictures on the cover of magazines back during "the trial", so it's a valid commentary. Especially when they put a 12yo picture of trayvon Martin out too.

The media CLEARLY likes to stir the pot and has slid a long long way from when they took their time and got it right.

I agree with you however that it may not be any conspiracy, just could be a rush to work with whatever picture they could get their hands on and using cheap, undertrained people to hack something up.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:20 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
He is white, just not only white.
So is Obama but you refer to him as black. Hmmmm...

Old 10-05-2015, 07:21 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll;
Whites love to conveniently claim mixed people, so claim them when they do something bad.
Actually, it's not whites who like to conveniently claim mixed people.

It's usually black folks who like to deny mixed people the ability to identify with their other heritages (like Tiger Woods, who was blasted for embracing his Asian and white sides as being a "self hater." His penchant for blondes didn't help his cause with AA chattering classes, either.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll;
In my family's culture, the mixed category has looooong been around and so many of us areally mixed. U.S. culture extremely backward in this regard compared to many other nations.

This I agree with. America is stupid on race, ethnicity and identity. But it's not all "white America's" fault anymore. Black folks are every bit as ready to embrace the "one drop" rule, and call out any mixed person who identified as their non-black side first.

There's also a conflation of race and ethnicity (example: Latinos), and many Latinos are more than happy to assert themselves as a minority based on that ethnicity... even if they are not. The practice of lumping all "Asians" together is another problem.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:53 AM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Well honestly, they usually do not. Its *usually* a white male late teens to mid 20s. So this fits an "agenda" either way.

Before I knew he was mixed, i though he was white just by doing 1 image search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chri...+harper+mercer

In the few darker picts, i just thought he was tanned.

On a similar topic, what's up with all the "straight edge" mass murders? No alcohol or drugs per dating profile?? Is this another risk factor for mass murder??

And who the hell needs 13 registeted guns? Especially at 25? SERIOUSLY??! I think at the very least that a quota would be more than reasonable.
13?

Well, let's see. You don't hunt a Deer with a .22 rimfire. You don't hunt rabbits with a .338. You don't shoot a duck with a rifle. You can't take a rifle onto a pistol range. you can't take a pistol onto a rifle range. You don't want to use a .22 pistol for home protection. If you live in a shotgun only zone for Deer you shouldn't shoot slugs through a full choke. If you live in a lead free zone you need a shotgun made for steel while you still use your other shotgun for everything else. If you paper punch 1000 yards you won't be using your hunting rifle. Your 1000 yard rifle will really suck at close range woods shots and you don't carry a 20 lb rifle for hunting. You don't use your Deer rifle if you hunt large dangerous game. You'd be laughed off the skeet range with a camo, rifle barred 18 inch 12 gauge. You use different shot for different game birds and a different choke, barrel length. If you are smart you have a backup of each one in case it becomes inoperable.

Weapons are tools designed for certain tasks.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:55 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
He's mixed race. Mixed how, I dunno, but definitely not all white.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:56 AM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
He's as white as Obama.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:06 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
He's as white as Obama.
Could have been his son. He is mixed in the head... too much racial nonsense in the states... good for the dividers but not so much the good people.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:02 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Mom is black, dad is white.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:09 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,671 times
He's a murderer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies