Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 04:39 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,824,488 times

Advertisements

Liberals try to stick up for Obama and act like he is a great president with the whole "unemployment is at an all time low!!11!!" "Gas prices are back down!!" "The economy is strong!" "Obama caught Bin Laden!" "He ended the wars!" Yet they never can find a way to justify the debt besides the comeback "Well Bush started it!"

Old 10-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Liberals try to stick up for Obama and act like he is a great president with the whole "unemployment is at an all time low!!11!!" "Gas prices are back down!!" "The economy is strong!" "Obama caught Bin Laden!" "He ended the wars!" Yet they never can find a way to justify the debt besides the comeback "Well Bush started it!"
Why would we need to justify debt beening accumulated by a president when only 1 out of 43 different men who have held that office left with less debt than when they started ?

And why would we have to justify it when any sane person could add and subtract tax revenue and see that the recession is the reason for the deficit growing ????

Old 10-05-2015, 04:50 PM

166 posts, read 133,334 times
Thanks Obama.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:02 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,767,469 times
Well let's see...

We had a budget surplus during the Clinton Administration. But Republicans couldn't stand that!

Bush pushed through a trillion in tax cuts to the wealthy (with massive costs still being incurred during the Obama administration). Republicans applauded.

Another three trillion or so to fight two unnecessary wars. (no increased revenue to pay for the wars... massive costs still being incurred during the Obama administration). Republicans accused dissenters of being unpatriotic.

After eight years of the Bush Administration (six of those with a Republican congress), Bush and his billionaire buddies crashed the economy- the worst crash by far since the GREAT DEPRESSION. Republicans blamed the black guy for not cleaning up their mess fast enough.

The track record is clear:

Budget deficits are ONLY reduced during Democratic administrations. Republican administrations INVARIABLY increase deficits.

GDP invariably grows faster during Democratic administrations:

Private sector job growth is ALWAYS better during Democratic administrations:

People in Blue States are on average wealthier than those in Red States:

So honestly I can see only two reasons why people would vote for Republicans.

1: They hate their fellow man.
2: They're completely ignorant of history and economics.

But those aren't mutually exclusive. No... not at all

Old 10-05-2015, 05:05 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,597,616 times
Don't worry. The next person will solve the problem.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:29 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Cause and effect can be a cruel mistress.....

Old 10-05-2015, 06:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Well let's see...

We had a budget surplus during the Clinton Administration. But Republicans couldn't stand that!
No we didn't and I made this same argument when Kasich tried to claim this.

We did book keeping mumbo jumbo by stealing from Social Security to try and claim a surplus.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESK85 View Post
And counting....

Debt under Obama in this (once, no longer great) country has gone from $9,000,000,000,000.00 to $18,000,000,000,000.00 and soon to be $20,000,000,000,000.00.

I'd like for ONE PERSON in this thread - liberal or conservative - that can tell me that is in any way acceptable?

You know, I used to chuckle at conspiracy theorists who said Obama is trying to destroy America (financially and morally, among other ways) but no longer do I believe it is a conspiracy; America has almost been destroyed by his (not yet over) fiasco...

Congress controls the purse strings.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:27 PM

123 posts, read 105,283 times
The responses in this thread are exactly why I believe this country is so easily doomed. I would say it's shocking, but not really.

I'm 33 and healthy with no family history of cardiac issues so I could live a while yet...I hate to say this but I honestly hope that America just crumbles. We are already seeing epidemic insanity because of leftism - all these wackos that have gone loopy and turned everyone scary are directly linked to liberal ideology and the insanity of a society that has lost its moral compass; so the moral collapse is already pretty much a "check". America is so morally bankrupt

Next...the financial collapse - that's close to a "check" but not quite there yet. Then we'll perhaps get societal collapse entirely, somewhere perhaps in my lifetime.

This - everything you see today - is to thanks of liberalism run amok and the infiltration of liberalism into "conservatism" "RINOs".

(And before anyone says this or that about guns or religion - guns killing people or religion being hate-preachers - that's nonsensical because our society wasn't nearly as insane as it was when religion and even gun rights were far more prevalent only a couple decades ago...not that this thread is about guns or religion, just that it relates to our country being morally bankrupt part of my post...)

You lemmings have made your beds....

Old 10-05-2015, 07:59 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,767,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESK85 View Post
The responses in this thread are exactly why I believe this country is so easily doomed. I would say it's shocking, but not really.

I'm 33 and healthy with no family history of cardiac issues so I could live a while yet...I hate to say this but I honestly hope that America just crumbles. We are already seeing epidemic insanity because of leftism - all these wackos that have gone loopy and turned everyone scary are directly linked to liberal ideology and the insanity of a society that has lost its moral compass; so the moral collapse is already pretty much a "check". America is so morally bankrupt

Next...the financial collapse - that's close to a "check" but not quite there yet. Then we'll perhaps get societal collapse entirely, somewhere perhaps in my lifetime.

This - everything you see today - is to thanks of liberalism run amok and the infiltration of liberalism into "conservatism" "RINOs".

(And before anyone says this or that about guns or religion - guns killing people or religion being hate-preachers - that's nonsensical because our society wasn't nearly as insane as it was when religion and even gun rights were far more prevalent only a couple decades ago...not that this thread is about guns or religion, just that it relates to our country being morally bankrupt part of my post...)

You lemmings have made your beds....
Do you need a hanky??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies