Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 07:57 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I'm not sure what you're reading (maybe selective?), even CNN is reporting on Russia's ISIS bombings.

every Islamic leader murders his own people. Haven't we learned our lesson by now? We can't change the world.
Didn't Obama give authorization to kill US citizens?? In other words, death warrants. And how many were killed? How many weren't the intended targets?

I think you are on to something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 08:11 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
there is no difference to me. they're all cut from the same filthy cloth. that whole country is FUBAR and I am glad Russia is taking over. Better them than us. I am sick of our tax $$$$$ being wasted.

Russia doesn't have to bow to the freaking media with every bomb dropped. this is why the US can't win

Old 10-08-2015, 08:20 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Didn't Obama give authorization to kill US citizens?? In other words, death warrants. And how many were killed? How many weren't the intended targets?

I think you are on to something.
Yep - US citizens that have become terrorists and incited attacks against us. Well deserved

is this the puke that you're crying about? http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/11/opinio...-paris-attack/

Old 10-08-2015, 08:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Yep - US citizens that have become terrorists and incited attacks against us. Well deserved

is this the puke that you're crying about? The American who inspires terror from Paris to the U.S. - CNN.com
I hope you meant that when they are killed it is well deserved, not them becoming terrorists is well deserved.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:34 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times
Quote:

is this the puke that you're crying about? The American who inspires terror from Paris to the U.S. - CNN.com
Good grief. I made a point that apparently went over your head. Sorry.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Lightbulb If Russia is successful in Syria

"If" is the biggest word in the English language.

There is no success in the middle east.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:31 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,399,569 times
Quote:
there is no difference to me. they're all cut from the same filthy cloth. that whole country is FUBAR and I am glad Russia is taking over. Better them than us. I am sick of our tax $$$$$ being wasted.

Russia doesn't have to bow to the freaking media with every bomb dropped. this is why the US can't win
^^THIS. I just don't understand why the US has its panties in a bunch over what Russia is doing in Syria. Assad crossed Obama's "Red Line" years ago and he did nothing about it, so clearly we really don't care what happens over there. Except we do, whenever Russia is involved?

It seems like Obama is just embarrassed that Russia is looking better than the US when it comes to fighting ISIS. We spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to arm a handful of rebels, most of whom turned out to be ISIS fighters anyway. Putin sends 26 cruise missiles in and does the job that Obama was afraid to do. If some of his targets are non-ISIS but favor Assad, I just don't get why we care.

We certainly didn't do anything when Assad gassed his people, so it's not like America gives a damn about Syrians. Not that I'm saying we should have done anything, but we certainly can't complain when another country gets involved in a war that we are unwilling to get involved in.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:03 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times
Why was it OK for the US to go into Iraq and nation build when basically we were doing it for oil. Now, when Russia does it, it's some kind of outrage.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:22 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Why was it OK for the US to go into Iraq and nation build when basically we were doing it for oil. Now, when Russia does it, it's some kind of outrage.
Because it's controlled by politicians, a group that represents the epitome of the 'do as I say, not as I do' mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies