Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 07:30 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz has admitted that the GOP's investigation into Planned Parenthood's use of federal funds has not turned up any wrongdoing. Chaffetz grilled Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards for over five hours last week, but concluded that Planned Parenthood isn't doing anything sketchy with its money.

"Did we find any wrongdoing? The answer was no," Chaffetz said."

But true to form, Chaffetz added that he still supports digging into Planned Parenthood's activities, even if they're using their money appropriately.

"I think there will continue to be investigations," he said.

GOP Probe Into Planned Parenthood Funding Comes Up Empty

Of course there will be. Because "investigations" are all the GOP knows how to do. It's what they think governing means.

The PP inquiry is yet another waste of time.[/quote]Well,, Maybe Taxpayer's might demand results when spending millions on such wasted investigations...Course They make excuses..BUT IF Dems did that..THEY WOUD DEMAND PAYFOR appropriations for such a review..Yikes..Benghazi has more investigative hearings than the WARREN REPORT ( post Kennedy assignation ) to conclude things...maybe even Nixon Tapes investigations..no way did that go one for 2 years+!!

[quote=LexusNexus;41493526]The GOP has nothing to offer the country as proof that any of them belong in the White House or in Congress or in any positions of power.

Dysfuntion is the term of the day ( for past 5 years!!!)..Course somehow Congress hasn't demanded pay for legislation to pay for such waste of time and taxpayer costs!!

And GOP expects American Citizens to expect GOP as it exists today to do anything but run their Country into the ground financially and ethically viable??

Sorry..but watching what has been happening is not reassuring one bit!

Old 10-08-2015, 07:48 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
only thing the GOP is good for is chaos.. they have nothing else to offer right now. smh

Old 10-08-2015, 07:55 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't think the argument was of wrongdoing but rather that what they are doing is wrong?
Oh, puleeeze!

Doing wrong is a value judgement and not a judgement for the Congress to decide, especially this Congress.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Oh, puleeeze!

Doing wrong is a value judgement and not a judgement for the Congress to decide, especially this Congress.
Deciding who one must do business with is a value judgement also.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:34 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Oh, puleeeze!

Most civil rights laws are based on value judgements.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:01 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
The PP hearings were nothing but political grandstanding to stir up their base.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Deciding who one must do business with is a value judgement also.
Allow me to repeat with emphasis added!

And especially when your judgement is based upon bogus information and when you call the head of PP to testify instead of listening to the answer to questions asked you instead interrupt for the sole purpose of pontificating your bogus information.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:37 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The GOP credibility continues to swirl down the drain. Of course, their base remains oblivious to any and all of it.

Benghazi, Planned Parenthood, Government shutdowns, just to name three. This party is not only an embarrassment to the workings of a democratic government, they are a cancer to its very health.
The House voted to repeal Obamacare 57 times. So they want to investigate PP half that much. What really has the GOP accomplished with full power of the legislature?

Old 10-08-2015, 10:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Allow me to repeat with emphasis added!

And especially when your judgement is based upon bogus information and when you call the head of PP to testify instead of listening to the answer to questions asked you instead interrupt for the sole purpose of pontificating your bogus information.
In other words value judgements are fine as long as they agree with your values.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
In other words value judgements are fine as long as they agree with your values.
I love it when folks try to rewrite my comments especially when their isn't any ambiguity in what I wrote when I wrote whatever the first time.

So, allow me to repeat once again:

...when your judgement is based upon bogus information and when you call the head of PP to testify instead of listening to the answer to questions asked you instead interrupt for the sole purpose of pontificating your bogus information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies