Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 08:44 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I've read this a couple times ... and you are correct about the roads. The part about the cops, fire, and school goes over my head. I am too old to actually find out about her SS.

I guess what I'm getting at is ... what's your point? Mine was (to quote KJV) "When I was a child, I thought like a child. When I became a man, I thought like a man".

El Nox

my child thinks more like an adult, she will be taking over the business when she turns 18 and pretty much runs it now, she just cannot own it yet.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:51 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
"Right-wingers must accept millenial's dream !!"

Wrong. Millennials must accept that with the economics of globalization, their dream is, and will always be just that. A dream.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:52 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Millennials: What they want from the candidates - CNN.com

Why can't right-wingers understand that their days are over, millenials will take over decades and want to become like those Nordic/Western European, Australian/New Zealand labor and government type system where the government provides life/social saferty net and security, free/very low cost education at all levels, mandatory paid days off from work, universal healthcare, and free from debt! Invest the money on our people, not foreigners and nonsense spending on military, wars, etc.! Millenials are sick and tired of having huge student loan debts while some may not find jobs because it's crappy low wages with some even no benefits, high cost of living, competition and expensive homes/rents, expensive daycares, etc. making life for non-rich people difficult. We pay already high taxes but barely get anything back from them unlike in Europe!!!! Capitalism will eventually die out hopefully...

Cut foreign & military aid, invest on us!!
Capitalism seems to fostering quite well China and Russia...

Old 10-10-2015, 09:02 AM

5,770 posts, read 3,219,640 times
Default Knee Jerk Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
When are millennials going to grow up? America owes much to capitalism, too bad it has abandoned it.
You've got it in reverse. The OP had a point and you had a typical Cold War Republican reaction. It is you who haven't moved on. The major corporations have changed in nature. They are no longer American but multinational. We, the middle class are a cost to be contained not a market that should be nurtured with good paying jobs. If you've been paying attention over the last 25 years, engineering jobs have moved to India, programming jobs have moved to India, manufacturing jobs have moved to India, Malaysia, and China. Now the powers that be are using Indians to learn accounting jobs over here to train Indians over there. When the multinationals can't move a job to Asia they help elect a Congress and President who will boost the amount of foreign labor here. That's called the H-1b visa.

I'm not talking out of my ass here. With an advanced degree, I was out of work after Y2K. I had two years to learn about reality. With many of the boomers retiring, there should be jobs for even those foolish enough to get liberal arts degrees. But that's not true.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:43 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You are woefully uninformed, it's been the GOP that opposed to the religious conservatives for getting into the social issues.

As to your typical, idiotic, democrat party talking point about "hating gays," it was only a couple years ago that both Barack and Hilary were opposed to gay marriage, how convenient that you forget that.
Even the media has forgotten this.......yeah right...
How convenient for Hillary in 2016!

Old 10-10-2015, 09:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Right-wingers must accept millenial's dream !!"

All my liberal friends think millenial's are stupid.
Are their children or friends children part of the Occupy Wall Street crowd.....

Old 10-10-2015, 09:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Funny, not once in my entire post did I mention 'free', I guess reading/comprehension aren't a given on this site.
I'm pretty sure you did..
Quote:
such as 6 months paid maternity leave,
6 weeks paid time off,
free university for my kids.
Quote:
However, I don't think expecting something from my taxes is asking too much, it's a shame Repubs are so happy with a life of misery. Cut the military welfare, already.
You already get things from your taxes, the very same things you support, roads, bridges, welfare, handouts, wetc

Old 10-10-2015, 10:30 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm pretty sure you did..

You already get things from your taxes, the very same things you support, roads, bridges, welfare, handouts, wetc
Nope, I sure didn't. If a person WORKS 40 hours a week, part of the compensation "should" be appropriate, such as vacation time, sick time, as well as maternity leave. What passes as vacation time/sick time/maternity leave in the states is a complete joke. So I approve of the way it's done in Europe, Sweden, etc., and you obviously do not, that's our disagreement. I'm certainly not trying to reinvent the wheel here, but I don't for the life of me understand why people wouldn't demand a better life for themselves and those around them.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Nope, I sure didn't. If a person WORKS 40 hours a week, part of the compensation "should" be appropriate, such as vacation time, sick time, as well as maternity leave. What passes as vacation time/sick time/maternity leave in the states is a complete joke. So I approve of the way it's done in Europe, Sweden, etc., and you obviously do not, that's our disagreement. I'm certainly not trying to reinvent the wheel here, but I don't for the life of me understand why people wouldn't demand a better life for themselves and those around them.
So part of their compensation should be FREE STUFF.

While you argue you didnt make such a claim, you CLEARLY did..

I as a small business owner, would be bankrupt under your proposals, so while you for the life dont understand why you can have your FREE ****, I for one wonder why you think I should pay you for work you ARENT DOING..

Old 10-10-2015, 10:49 AM

45,321 posts, read 60,500,026 times
I'm just glad that all four of my millennial children are employed, two own their own houses, three have college degrees while the youngest is an Electrician Apprentice and none of them are whiners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies