Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 06:17 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They were still Rangers.
LOL, of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I'll go with the assessment of the men who were there with them.

Ranger students are graded by their peers. These two women were felt to be deserving of their tabs by the men in their class.
Did those men know about the extra training they received?

Old 10-09-2015, 06:18 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
The Army is complaining about gay and transgendered soldiers. This seems to me to be the perfect place for transgendered service members. They have the strength, the wiles and fortitude to succeed.
Fruit loops? Seriously?

Old 10-09-2015, 06:20 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They did nothing wrong by giving them pre training on combat patrolling. Women don't learn much of it because they aren't in Combat Arms, brainiac!
They are both West Point grads. They had the training. Everyone gets it, no matter what branch is later selected.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:21 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did those men know about the extra training they received?
What extra training? They received the same training the men did.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:46 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Let me repeat, people DO look at rangers a little bit differently now, it is a fact. Go to one of your nearby VA hospitals, and talk to the veterans.

well, doubt majority of the male Rangers like it either, although there will always be weirdos out there.

by the way, you are the one who needs to step out of your bubble, the women might have graduated, the two women can't apply to join the 75th Ranger Regiment,

2 women to graduate from Army Ranger course - CNNPolitics.com

Just another useless social experiment, a total waste.
No ****, I'm well aware they can't join the 75th, currently. Are you aware that not everyone who goes to Ranger school wants to be in the 75th?

Veterans are no longer active duty, while there opinion is valid and worth listening to, I give more weight to the feelings of those currently actively serving in the military because they have first hand experience with changing policies and the current climate of the military.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:01 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
No ****, I'm well aware they can't join the 75th, currently. Are you aware that not everyone who goes to Ranger school wants to be in the 75th?

Veterans are no longer active duty, while there opinion is valid and worth listening to, I give more weight to the feelings of those currently actively serving in the military because they have first hand experience with changing policies and the current climate of the military.
well, active duty members of the military cannot post their true feelings on facebook obviously.

Look, I don't know what is the point to argue. You have your opinions, I have my own. Others have their own opinions.

Are you aware that these two women have no opportunities to do special operations? If this is the case, then this is nothing but a social experiment. What a waste.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
No ****, .
calm down. Internet is not serious business

Old 10-09-2015, 07:18 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
A recent article now claims the women who recently graduated ranger school were treated differently than their male counterparts. It is being reported that they were given advanced access to navigation courses so they were better prepared. Allowed to repeat sections as often as they wanted until they passed while men were not and higher ups in the army where present at ranger school to ensure the women passed.

Of course the difference in the msm between this article and the press release about them passing is stark.

Way back in January, long before the first women attended the Army's elite Ranger School – one of the most grueling military courses in the world – officials at the highest levels of the Army had already decided failure was not an option, sources tell PEOPLE.

"A woman will graduate Ranger School," a general told shocked subordinates this year while preparing for the first females to attend a "gender integrated assessment" of the grueling combat leadership course starting April 20, sources tell PEOPLE. "At least one will get through."
Was It Fixed? Army General Told Subordinates: 'A Woman Will Graduate Ranger School,' Sources Say : People.com Mobile
I can take the comments by the general to be "eventually a woman will get through", I went to Ranger School in '97 as a combat engineer 12B got injured, then went back in '00 as 89D because I was attached to a grunt company, both times we trained months ahead to get ready for ranger school including classes by people who had their tab. the Battalion commander does not want you to embarrass the battalion by failing, not everyrone who attends Ranger school wants to or its going to be assigned to the ranger regiment, other divisions often send their soldiers as training.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Let me repeat, people DO look at rangers a little bit differently now, it is a fact. Go to one of your nearby VA hospitals, and talk to the veterans.

well, doubt majority of the male Rangers like it either, although there will always be weirdos out there.

by the way, you are the one who needs to step out of your bubble, the women might have graduated, the two women can't apply to join the 75th Ranger Regiment,

2 women to graduate from Army Ranger course - CNNPolitics.com

Just another useless social experiment, a total waste.
Ranger Batts aren't big enough to take in everyone that graduates from Ranger School. The school is a ticket that dozens of fresh 2Lt's fresh outta basic course punch for career advancement without ever joining the Regiment. This is nothing new.

Was it lowering standards when they waved the Airborne prerequisite for males years ago? Why doesn't anyone complain about that?

Old 10-09-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ranger Batts aren't big enough to take in everyone that graduates from Ranger School. The school is a ticket that dozens of fresh 2Lt's fresh outta basic course punch for career advancement without ever joining the Regiment. This is nothing new.

Was it lowering standards when they waved the Airborne prerequisite for males years ago? Why doesn't anyone complain about that?
well, I don't know if they have lowered standard for these women or not. Just state a fact, people now look at Rangers a little bit different now.

To deny this is dishonesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies