Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 11:13 PM

21,139 posts, read 19,714,475 times

Advertisements

Funny how the pro-choice crowd lies about pro-life people not being willing to adopt. I'll bet that most adoptive parents are pro-life.

The irony of the argument as to when life begins is that if a pregnant woman and her child are killed, the killer can be charged with two counts of murder. Well, how can that be if life only begins at birth? (rhetorical question) Apparently a pregnant woman or her survivors are allowed to detemine when life begins, not scientific fact.

Abortion is very much the slavery issue of today. The same arguments for abortion were used by the slaveholders: Slaves were not people, slaves were a part of the slaveholder, we can't allow slaves to be free because they will pose a hardship on society and their former owners, etc. One day, pro-lifers will be viewed with the same admiration as Abolitionists and pro-choicers will be villified.

As much as I am pro-life, I'd be willing to consider a political compromise: Make abortion illegal for conservatives and incentivized for liberals. (sarcasm)

Last edited by Retroit; 10-10-2015 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 11:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Since most people die in accidents or by natural causes anyways we should let murderers off.
Then how do you force a pregnant woman who wants to get an abortion to not do it? If you favor banning all abortion, then you have no other choice than to consider how to answer that question. For instance, would you support requiring all women to register with the government when they have discovered they're pregnant?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:58 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
Abortion = Liberal population control. I'm okay with that.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:43 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
What I find left out with all the abortion debate is that its really a class issue. Prior to Roe vs. Wade women of means had very little difficulty in obtaining an abortion. There were a few states where it was legal and before that several countries where it was legal. It was simply a matter of having the means to go where the abortion was legal. For women of meager means, well they just had to take their chances. It would be the same if somehow tomorrow we were to wake up and find abortion illegal. The drive to make abortion illegal is really an attack on the under class whether or not those against abortion admit it.

Old 10-10-2015, 01:04 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Actually it is a compromise.

So it's OK to sacrifice some embryo/fetus lives in the name of compromise. Got it. Sure you want to stay with that answer?

Old 10-10-2015, 02:20 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then how do you force a pregnant woman who wants to get an abortion to not do it? If you favor banning all abortion, then you have no other choice than to consider how to answer that question. For instance, would you support requiring all women to register with the government when they have discovered they're pregnant?
I SUPPORT LEGALIZED ABORTION. I SUPPORT LEGALIZED HEROIN. That does not mean I do not find doing heroin as stupid or chopping up your pre-baby as moral. People always claim to be pro-choice but when you defend the morality of abortion just confess you are pro-abortion.

I support women making their own choice no matter how repugnant I find that choice.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:22 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
So it's OK to sacrifice some embryo/fetus lives in the name of compromise. Got it. Sure you want to stay with that answer?
Yes, what do you think soldiers in war do? More specifically what do you think generals in wars do?

Old 10-10-2015, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Yes, what do you think soldiers in war do? More specifically what do you think generals in wars do?
What? LOL. Who are the soldiers and generals in this scenario? Just admit it, for some pro-lifers (apparently you're one of them) all embryos and fetuses are NOT equal.

Last edited by TXNGL; 10-10-2015 at 03:08 AM..

Old 10-10-2015, 03:03 AM

Quote:
I SUPPORT LEGALIZED ABORTION. I SUPPORT LEGALIZED HEROIN. That does not mean I do not find doing heroin as stupid or chopping up your pre-baby as moral. People always claim to be pro-choice but when you defend the morality of abortion just confess you are pro-abortion.

I support women making their own choice no matter how repugnant I find that choice.
Why do you support legalized abortion? I'm really trying to understand. Do you or do you not believe the fetus has the same right to life as a born human (baby, child, adult)?

Old 10-10-2015, 10:17 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, if right to lifers are willing to "compromise" on this issue, deciding the some lives are worthy of protection and some aren't, their stated conviction that "all life is sacred" and "all children have a right to life" isn't really all that strong, is it?

Insisting a woman remain pregnant after irresponsible casual sex without effective BC instead of killing the child as matter of convenience is believed by many people to be a reasonable requirement.

Unlike the previous scenario in which irresponsible behavior lead to pregnancy, there is no such behavior on the part of a forcible rape victim and requiring such a victim to carry her assailant`s child is one option in a situation in which there simply are no good options.

The other choice would be to require an innocent and unwilling party who has been violated to continue being violated for the term of the pregnancy.

Each option in the case of forcible rape is morally repugnant.

That one bad option is selected over the other doesn`t change the nature of the bad options or make the one selecting one or the other a willing participant just because they have been forced to make a choice to abort or effectively continue the rape until the child is born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies