Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 12:38 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,657,476 times

Advertisements

What an idiot. But that's typical of most AGW alarmists.

Watch: Ted Cruz Burns Global Warming Pusher To A Crisp -- It Got Awkward

Old 10-09-2015, 12:48 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,586,359 times
Ted Cruz doesn't usually win these kinds of battles, so color me impressed!

Old 10-09-2015, 01:30 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,414,054 times
The Sierra Club admits Global warming and climate change is politically motivated and not based upon actual data placed into evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9-tY1oZNw

Old 10-09-2015, 01:54 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,829,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Ted Cruz doesn't usually win these kinds of battles, so color me impressed!
He doesn't usually win? You know what happened during the Obamacare filibuster and the recent fight about defunding Planned Parenthood? Ted Cruz's boldness.

How was that boldness, you ask?

After he stood alone, except for Mike Lee, ALL the Republicans who ran on overturning Obamacare and fighting against Planned Parenthood's shady practices were left staring like deer in a headlight with "LIAR" plastered across their foreheads.

That's the kind of leader we need. That's boldness. He goes to Congress and doesn't change what he promised he would do, fight for us. He then turns and walks away from those that are found wanting - the liars to get elected.

And now, the trajectory has changed, the power the GOPe once held is shifting toward it's roots - true conservatism.

If he doesn't win the presidency, he will return to be the most powerful Senator in Congress.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:19 PM

42,758 posts, read 25,996,463 times
Did any of you do any fact checking about what Cruz was claiming, if not I would suggest that you do so.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...g-in-17-years/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...last-17-years/

Cruz on the Global Cooling Myth and Galileo

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...warming-hiatus

Eight Pseudoscientific Climate Claims Debunked by Real Scientists | BillMoyers.com

Old 10-09-2015, 02:25 PM

20,410 posts, read 12,311,635 times
well... in all honesty Mr. Cruz actually asked for a discussion about hard facts. He specifically asked the head of the Sierra Club to enter a discussion about the actual hard data provided by the Satalite data.

in the end Mr. Mair looked like an idiot. Mr Cruz looked like a guy asking for a rational discussion about a set of data that is in fact hard science.

so "fact checking" by looking at some warmists sights that have a vested interest isn't really going to undo the fact that Mr. Cruz asked for a rational discussion about hard data and the person he asked the question of is supposed to be an expert, and in the end the expert looked like a moron and Mr. Cruz was left with his question not only not answered but clearly proving the point that the warmists don't really care about the hard data.

even if I cant spell satellite

Old 10-09-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Did any of you do any fact checking about what Cruz was claiming, if not I would suggest that you do so.
Doesn't matter. The issue is Mair and his inability to say anything intelligent.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:38 PM

42,758 posts, read 25,996,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well... in all honesty Mr. Cruz actually asked for a discussion about hard facts. He specifically asked the head of the Sierra Club to enter a discussion about the actual hard data provided by the Satalite data.

in the end Mr. Mair looked like an idiot. Mr Cruz looked like a guy asking for a rational discussion about a set of data that is in fact hard science.

so "fact checking" by looking at some warmists sights that have a vested interest isn't really going to undo the fact that Mr. Cruz asked for a rational discussion about hard data and the person he asked the question of is supposed to be an expert, and in the end the expert looked like a moron and Mr. Cruz was left with his question not only not answered but clearly proving the point that the warmists don't really care about the hard data.

No, he tried to have a discussion regarding a subject on which he was wrong. I probably would not engage him either, it's sort of like trying to argue with some people on CD, you provide proof of your position they come back and scream "yeah but your source is no good" or "well I found this which proves your wrong". It just gets stupid..why bother?

Old 10-09-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Correct. Cruz was open to an intelligent response.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:45 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,829,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, he tried to have a discussion regarding a subject on which he was wrong. I probably would not engage him either, it's sort of like trying to argue with some people on CD, you provide proof of your position they come back and scream "yeah but your source is no good" or "well I found this which proves your wrong". It just gets stupid..why bother?
This is probably why he had to ask the person sitting behind him to give him some answers. LOL!

Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims

Global warming alarmists and their allies in the liberal media have been caught doctoring the results of a widely cited paper asserting there is a 97-percent scientific consensus regarding human-caused global warming.

Forbes Welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies