Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 11:21 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You know what, I can't live in fear where someone will enter my home or I will be robbed on the street so I have to justify having a gun. It's just not something I think about in my day to day life.
Let us all hope you never do. I will hedge my bets on safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 11:34 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
You know what, I can't live in fear where someone will enter my home or I will be robbed on the street so I have to justify having a gun. It's just not something I think about in my day to day life.

Suit yourself.
I don't live in fear of a flat tire, but I carry a spare and a jack.
I don't fear a house fire, but I have insurance and extinguishers.
Perhaps, if I were sitting here helpless, I might be fearful.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:38 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Suit yourself.
I don't live in fear of a flat tire, but I carry a spare and a jack.
I don't fear a house fire, but I have insurance and extinguishers.
Perhaps, if I were sitting here helpless, I might be fearful.

Who said anyone was helpless lol Not having a gun does not make me helpless

Old 10-09-2015, 11:48 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
[/b]

Who said anyone was helpless lol Not having a gun does not make me helpless

Again, suit yourself.
I'm just not as tough as you.
Just because you can fight off multiple
intruders, perhaps armed, not all of us can.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Again, suit yourself.
I'm just not as tough as you.
Just because you can fight off multiple
intruders, perhaps armed, not all of us can.
Multiple intruders?? I'm not tough but I won't give into hysteria where we all need guns

Old 10-09-2015, 11:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Alarms aren't the topic. And good grief, if someone breaks in while you are asleep, how does your gun help you when they are in your bedroom.
since it is by my side, it is ready at a seconds notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Wrong Natalie. Most break ins occur in daytime when folks are away. Most shootings at home occur at night, cause armed owners are home. As for hiding and wimpering. You might, but I'll be ripping their throat out... And eating it! But it's easier to just shoot the slime in the face.
the heart is tastier.

[quote=natalie469;41507463]
Quote:
Wrong Natalie. Most break ins occur in daytime when folks are away. Most shootings at home occur at night, cause armed owners are home. As for hiding and wimpering. You might, but I'll be ripping their throat out... And eating it! But it's easier to just shoot the slime in the face.[/QUOTE]

Easy for you to shoot because you wouldn't be able to defend yourself without a gun would you. And not all who break in have guns. Some are just kids not armed
i dont need a gun to defend myself, but it is the most efficient way to defend myself. and if ANYONE is breaking into my house at night, how would i know if they are armed or not? i have plenty of health issues to deal with, i dont need some criminal deciding that my house is a target, i would rather they think of my house as someplace they dont want to be carried out of.

Quote:
Sweetie, I'm old and fat. If someone attacks me I'm too tired to fight them. I'll just shoot them in the face.

Google ARS 13-419 - this is why people don't break into homes here, if they are smart.

Welcome to the last great free state of Arizona.

We carry guns here.
i too am old and fat, and rather infirm as well. too many health issues i have to deal with.

Quote:
Ok, I understand...sort of. Old and fat by what standards. Don't sell yourself short
jamies, i think natalie has a bit of a crush on you perhaps you can take her under your wing and teach her?

Old 10-10-2015, 12:02 AM

[quote=rbohm;41507963]since it is by my side, it is ready at a seconds notice.

the heart is tastier.

Quote:

i dont need a gun to defend myself, but it is the most efficient way to defend myself. and if ANYONE is breaking into my house at night, how would i know if they are armed or not? i have plenty of health issues to deal with, i dont need some criminal deciding that my house is a target, i would rather they think of my house as someplace they dont want to be carried out of.

i too am old and fat, and rather infirm as well. too many health issues i have to deal with.

jamies, i think natalie has a bit of a crush on you perhaps you can take her under your wing and teach her?

I do have a crush on him But trust me, I don't need anyone taking me under their wing to teach me anything. I am fully capabal of taking care of myself

Old 10-10-2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I do have a crush on him But trust me, I don't need anyone taking me under their wing to teach me anything. I am fully capabal of taking care of myself
might be fun to let him teach you though. you never know......

Old 10-10-2015, 12:12 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Why is it not a good idea to have a sign that says "this is a gun free zone",?

Old 10-10-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Why is it not a good idea to have a sign that says "this is a gun free zone",?
do you really want to advertise that there are no possible defense weapons in your house? in fact do you want to advertise that there are defense weapons in your house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies