Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 10:42 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump says vaccinations are causing an autism 'epidemic'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10505087.html

Old 12-16-2015, 05:08 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
How much money is he investing on this? Surely if he believed this he could keep his mouth shut and profit from this?

Old 12-16-2015, 08:34 AM

1,316 posts, read 748,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Trump is a master manipulator. He taps into what people fear the most, and capitalizes on it. He doesn't care what the actual truth is, he's just trying to make people believe he's the only one who can fix "it," whatever the "it" of the day is. Allowing him to control your thinking on vaccines is like letting your dog balance your checkbook.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:35 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Trump is a master manipulator. He taps into what people fear the most, and capitalizes on it. He doesn't care what the actual truth is, he's just trying to make people believe he's the only one who can fix "it," whatever the "it" of the day is. Allowing him to control your thinking on vaccines is like letting your dog balance your checkbook.

Sounds like anyone running for office. What would be his motivation for telling people that vaccines are bad? How does anyone benefit for saying they are bad?

Old 12-16-2015, 09:47 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Sounds like anyone running for office. What would be his motivation for telling people that vaccines are bad? How does anyone benefit for saying they are bad?
1. Trump likes to be controversial. He is also not educated in this area, seems to believe a lot of hyperbole. He has no credibility in this area. I'm not really sure what area he has cred in, but it's sure not vaccines.

2. Oh, my, my! All the peddlers of supplements, books about supplements, practitioners of "alternative" healing (which can go on and on for years; you're never cured according to some of them), sellers of "alternative" meds and other equipment, all and more stand to benefit.

See Joe Mercola's house: https://www.google.com/search?q=jose...Fnk5i6FR3NM%3A

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 12-16-2015 at 10:06 AM..

Old 12-16-2015, 11:46 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I've no idea how old your family is.....are they still infants and young children????
There's a huge difference in what kids 35 years ago got compared to infants born today.
It's downright sickening and very pathetic to believe that we can keep adding more vaccines onto an already overloaded schedule for our youngest...The incidences of autism and other spectrum disorders, as well as a host of autoimmune diseases has climbed accordingly....
POSTER: COMPARING 1940, 1980 and 2012 children's vaccine schedule - Vaccine Liberation Army
Regarding the subsequent posts on Donald Trump, The Donald would have only gotten those four 1940 vaccinations as a child, same as me. Did he ever do his "catch up" Adult Vaccinations???? I suppose he must have forgotten all this childhood friends (and HIS) pain, suffering,hospitalizations, and dying on the streets of Queens from not having all the hundreds of vaccinations children get today?

Don't get me wrong. Having met him as a young woman in NYC, I would never vote for this man whatever his views on vaccinations.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:57 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Regarding the subsequent posts on Donald Trump, The Donald would have only gotten those four 1940 vaccinations as a child, same as me. Did he ever do his "catch up" Adult Vaccinations???? I suppose he must have forgotten all this childhood friends (and HIS) pain, suffering,hospitalizations, and dying on the streets of Queens from not having all the hundreds of vaccinations children get today?

Don't get me wrong. Having met him as a young woman in NYC, I would never vote for this man whatever his views on vaccinations.
Trump was born in 1946. He might remember some of these: Polio Cases, Deaths, and Vaccination Rates - Vaccines - ProCon.org

Old 12-16-2015, 01:57 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, you will not see commercials saying flu vaccine causes "stroke, asthma, autism SIDS, multiple sclerosis, arthritis (temporary joint aches, yes, chronic arthritis, no), lupus, or blood disorders" because it does not.

Severe allergic reactions, potentially fatal, are possible, but rare. Neurologic complications are also rare. Guillain Barre syndrome has been linked to one vaccine given in the 1970s. Since then, it is not clear that any flu vaccine has caused it.

The risks from getting flu are far greater than the risks of the vaccine.
Yet those are all listed in the vaccine inserts and even "rare" side effects are spelled out in pharmaceutical commercials... You made my point for me. Thank you.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
...snip...
You are quite correct that the flu is not a serious illness for most of the people who get it. The problem is that it is deadly for a small percentage of those who are infected and will put another sizable group in the hospital. Now, all you have to do is tell us which people will have an easy course of the disease and which ones won't.
...snip...
As can be said for vaccines.
Sure, they are deadly for a small percentage but we MUST protect the small percentage that the flu might kill.
Sure, another sizable group may have adverse reactions requiring medical care but we MUST protect the sizable group in the hospital...

Old 12-16-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think what we're looking for here is actual science, not fear-mongering. Posters on both sides of the argument have provided reputable information and links, and we are debating the implications of that science on the decision to give or withhold vaccination. What we will not do is give credence to quacks.
How's this for quackery?
"A new kind of flu vaccine containing the immune-boosting substance, Adjuvant, was just recently approved by the Food and Drug Administration."
New immune-boosting flu vaccine aimed at older individuals | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WNWO

Adjuvant? Really? Don't reporters have to graduate HS at least? Yet this is the "respected" news source for some!

How about listening to an expert who was jailed and fired for even looking into vaccines!
Her credentials:
PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from George Washington University
Former Director of the lab of Antiviral Drug Mechanisms at the National Cancer Institute
Former Director of the Cancer Biology program at EpiGenX Pharmaceuticals in Santa Barbara, California
Has published over 50 scientific papers

Now that her GAG ORDER has been lifted, you can see her talk for the first time here (note that she is NOT anti-vaccine). Beware that she does have a book for sale (only source of income now) so I guess that makes her less credible??http://www.plaguethebook.com/plague---home.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6HPe-s1V2o

Last edited by katjonjj; 12-16-2015 at 02:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies