Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 11:20 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,767,810 times

Advertisements

No not yet....... If they see they can boss kids around,they will be trying to attack everyone s00n enough!

Old 12-31-2015, 02:17 PM

10,198 posts, read 6,274,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
No not yet....... If they see they can boss kids around,they will be trying to attack everyone s00n enough!
Precisely. Legislation already in the works for Veterans to be up to date on vaccinations, and TRACKED. I am sure the Medicare Beneficiaries will be next. Any Adult receiving Government Benefits will be the first to be forced, or their benefits cut off. No school for children, no benefits for adults.

The noose is widening with the "gains" they have achieved with legislation for children. "Consequences" as one nameless poster says all the time.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:20 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,720,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Precisely. Legislation already in the works for Veterans to be up to date on vaccinations, and TRACKED. I am sure the Medicare Beneficiaries will be next. Any Adult receiving Government Benefits will be the first to be forced, or their benefits cut off. No school for children, no benefits for adults.

The noose is widening with the "gains" they have achieved with legislation for children. "Consequences" as one nameless poster says all the time.

If the noose is widening, more people can slip through it.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,477 times
If there were some provable, replicable and empirically demonstrable (e.g. scientific) link between vaccines, the "front-loading" or immunization shots or any of this other non-sense, the first senior scientist to publish such findings would win accolades and prizes and what else more. Maybe the Nobel prize in the field.

So there are a lot of incentives for scientists to find provable links, but none could. Actually, the one who we thought had raised at least a controversy was proven to have committed outright science fraud and had his papers withdrawn (which is pretty much the strongest condemnation of a science researcher over issues of integrity).

Old 01-03-2016, 02:16 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
I know a lot of people have used the argument that immunizations aren't required for camps, etc. Here's some news on that front:
Forbes Welcome (No Vaccination, No Camp)

After reading that article, it occurred to me that I have filled out many an immunization record on camp forms over the years. I do believe the Boy Scouts allow you to exempt.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:34 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,767,810 times
Default NY Vaccination Sincerity Test - A Must see!

NY Vaccination Sincerity Test - A Must see!

Test 1: www.youtube.com/v/FjD7TrmngAY

Test 2: www.youtube.com/v/0IwwB2ECmxU

Quite sad................

Old 01-03-2016, 06:15 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
For every scary story about flu, there are millions more completely boring and uneventful flu stories.
Yes, and probably even more about death from the vaccine itself.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:25 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
Quote:

Sure is saaaaaad alright...I woulda been interested in the interrogator describing HIS personal beliefs and deciphering them....In fact, had I been that woman ,I would have insisted on it before he got ANY answers to his questions from me.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:37 PM

14,377 posts, read 14,203,333 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Sure is saaaaaad alright...I woulda been interested in the interrogator describing HIS personal beliefs and deciphering them....In fact, had I been that woman ,I would have insisted on it before he got ANY answers to his questions from me.
You guys don't understand how a "religious exemption" works.

Its different than a state that allows both a religious exemption and a personal exemption. What most anti-vaccine people really want is a "personal exemption" because as the video demonstrated they couldn't coherently explain their religious beliefs that oppose vaccination.

There is a term in the law known as "bonafide" and that term simply means that something has to be real, legitimate, and not trumped up. Those claiming a bonafide religious exemption are few in number because there are very religions that counsel their members to refuse vaccination.

If I were reviewing whether a religious exemption is bonafide or not there are a number of things I'd want to know for starters:

1. How long the person held these particular anti-vaccination beliefs.

2. What the religious source for the beliefs is.

3. If they could cite religious texts or authorities that support their particular views.

4. (Just like the official in the video asked) I would like a coherent explanation why they don't believe that God allowed vaccines to be developed, so that people could take them to prevent disease.

5. I would like them to name some other people who hold these same views for religious reasons.

6. Church attendance is not mandatory to claim such an exemption, but knowing about it would be helpful in determining whether the religious justification for the exemption really holds water or not.

I realize you object to this inquiry. However, the point is that you might have individual opposition to vaccination and might obtain an exemption for that purpose in states that recognize the individual exemption, but that it is not the same thing as a religious exemption. The distinction is important because a religious exemption is far narrower than a personal exemption is.

Last edited by markg91359; 01-03-2016 at 06:53 PM..

Old 01-03-2016, 06:46 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.