Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 04:43 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishutka View Post
Without CIA it has not managed. The American politicians promised fast victims of Russian. There is a policy of persecution of Russian and their destruction in the West. And you with pleasure perceive it. ISIS is the secret ally of the USA. Now it is under threat of. The USA with allies protects ISIS. The policy of USA is homosexual. Homosexuals supervise over normal men.They are now at authority in USA. Therefore the homosexuality is welcomed at USA. Policy of the homosexual government mean, with the perverted morals.They **** you . Is it pleasant to you? Please enjoy! Love is love! Twin towers is too a handwork of CIA in 11.09.2001. The occasion was necessary to attack Iraq, Afghanistan and for the further Arabian Spring. For a distortioner all means are good for achievement of the purposes.

:blink:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 04:53 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The Putin apologists have few things to say:

1. You are stupid and childish
2. Russia good, USA bad
3. Putin is awesome
4. You know nothing, I know everything

Old 11-25-2015, 05:07 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
The russian jet speed was about 20 km/min. It could overfly near turkish border for like 5-7 seconds. And turkey warned russian jet 10 times for the period of 5 seconds?
THAT'S BS!!!
I think the statements are that the Russian plane was in Turkish airspace for 30 seconds. Still not enough time for 10 warnings. However..they could have started the warnings before the plane entered. So thats believable. Even then, a 30 second transgression of a plane targeting terrorists doesn't in my mind warrant killing someone. And lets be honest, its only chance that the rebels killed the one pilot (of two-the seconds fate is unclear) instead of the missile.

So while I feel it was unwarranted....well...thats because my country has large ocean borders, I might feel differently if it was over our actual land.

Russia will probably do something in response beyond stopping the co-ordination of military actions against ISIS, most likely something proportional in some way without escalating. Least we can hope.

I dont think the stopping of co-ordination was a good choice, as it may lead to more incidents, not less.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:34 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Russia sending S-300 and S-400 to Syria. Hunting season Turkish's jets is open.

https://www.rt.com/news/323379-s400-...syria-airbase/

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 11-25-2015 at 05:58 AM..

Old 11-25-2015, 05:38 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think the statements are that the Russian plane was in Turkish airspace for 30 seconds. Still not enough time for 10 warnings. However..they could have started the warnings before the plane entered. So thats believable. Even then, a 30 second transgression of a plane targeting terrorists doesn't in my mind warrant killing someone. And lets be honest, its only chance that the rebels killed the one pilot (of two-the seconds fate is unclear) instead of the missile.

So while I feel it was unwarranted....well...thats because my country has large ocean borders, I might feel differently if it was over our actual land.

Russia will probably do something in response beyond stopping the co-ordination of military actions against ISIS, most likely something proportional in some way without escalating. Least we can hope.

I dont think the stopping of co-ordination was a good choice, as it may lead to more incidents, not less.
Russia been bullying half the world with this kind of stuff including Sweden, the US, Britain, Ukraine, Poland, and Turkey. It's about time that someone shot them down. Good for the Turks!

Old 11-25-2015, 05:45 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Its more because Iraq stopped paying cops, doctors, road workers,and city administers when ISIS started getting close to the city. Hard to hold a city when there is no one to defend it.
Cops, doctors, road workers, and city administers don't defend the city; the army defends the city.

The US Army trained Sunni-trooped and Sunni-commanded units in those areas. The Al Maliki government replaced the Sunni commanders with Shiite political hacks and moved all-Shiite units into those areas and oppressed the local Sunni populations. When ISIS arrived, the Sunni troops simply refused to fight. They stayed home, found other things to do.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:47 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Putin has become more brazen with his fly overs of other countries in recent months, he is very dangerous and his intervention into Syria has made things more complicated. The possibility of this occuring was very large and could lead to an escalation, I hope cooler heads prevail.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:50 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,912 times
Quote:
The official statement from Turkey is the Russian bombers was in Turkish airspace for 17 seconds. I'm not really buying Turkey version of warning 10 times before it even supposedly crossed the border. There are ulterior motives for Turkey doing exactly what it did because it didn't like that Russia was targeting certain rebels that were fighting against Assad and IS oil fields.

I won't even say that Russia is perfect but Turkey clearly shot that bomber with a infrared homing short-range missile purely because they didn't like who Russia was targeting. The US got involved because of some of those rebels are Western backed. It was quite clear of that after watching Obama speech saying Russia should probably focus on IS

Quote:
So while I feel it was unwarranted
Even members within NATO said it was unwarranted.

Last edited by Devon011; 11-25-2015 at 06:04 AM..

Old 11-25-2015, 05:50 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Russia been bullying half the world with this kind of stuff including Sweden, the US, Britain, Ukraine, Poland, and Turkey. It's about time that someone shot them down. Good for the Turks!
Hmmm...mixed on this one. I do agree, the Russians have been testing peoples boundaries a lot lately, but I feel a lot more forgiving while they are actively bombing terrorists. Know what I mean?

If the US, Britain, Ukraine, or Poland had shot them down I would be a lot more understanding, there is no active conflict going on against mutual enemies in those areas. Theres no reason for a accidental overflight to occur in those areas. Here? We're talking a very very brief trespass while engaged in conflict against a mutual enemy. I know this opinion may not be popular here with many (except for some of the soviet propaganda folks), but its my opinion based on what I can see from the various data sources.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Hmmm...mixed on this one. I do agree, the Russians have been testing peoples boundaries a lot lately, but I feel a lot more forgiving while they are actively bombing terrorists. Know what I mean?
Well, they tested, and now they know where the line is which they should not cross. If you are warned 10 times, you better believe the other guys are serious. I hope they learned the lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies