Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 08:33 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times

Advertisements

This was nothing but unnecessary murder on the part of Turkey.

Erdogan must condemn this or face consequences.

The plane was in Syrian air space.

Turkey downs Russian warplane near Syria border, Putin warns of "serious consequences"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 08:37 AM

174 posts, read 117,498 times
Default Speaking of Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
There is nothing he can do because the stupid idiot we have has president brought all this on the country and the world by doing nothing.

He's an idiot! A stupid man, the left voted a stupid man with no credentials to office and now we will start paying the price.
The original "stupid men" were G.W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Bremer, and Paul Wolfowitz. They invaded Iraq, disbanded the existing military (thereby causing the looting of Iraq and fueling the insurgency), threw the spiritual leaders and generals into abu ghraib and Camp Bucca prisons where they were tortured, abused, and then released. These turned out to be the future leaders of ISIS with HUGE anti USA chips on their shoulders. We will pay that price for decades, the entire area is destabilized. Thanks Boyz.

As far as what Obama has done, I rate him as a B+; I think he has done rather well, given the messes that were turned over to him. When speaking specifically of his job as Commander in Chief, I am going to drop the grade down to B-, mostly because of the drone program. Every civilian we kill, we sprout 100 or more future terrorists. If we look at the example of our efforts with African based terrorism, we are much more successful. Our declared mission there is only to coordinate and back-up existing, national forces. When we participate in strikes, they are extremely precise and great care is given to reduce if not eliminate any civilian casualties.

Looking at terrorism in general, it's time we realized that we must stop killing the relatives of mostly young women and men that already feel like they have nothing to live for. All we are doing is supplying them with reasons to attack us and our allies. What we have to start doing is supplying them with reasons to live rather than reasons to die. In 2002, I said we should be sending more Engineers, Teachers and Doctors to Afghanistan and Iraq and fewer Cruise Missiles, Gi's and Tanks. Build something, give them reason to protect it. Teach them something, give them a future to look forward to, and heal them and theirs so that they will feel gratitude instead of revenge.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:40 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Turkey is supporting ISIS and buying their oil.

I do not expect the Turkish government to survive this.

https://www.rt.com/news/323262-putin...g-plane-syria/

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoris View Post
The original "stupid men" were G.W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Bremer, and Paul Wolfowitz. They invaded Iraq, disbanded the existing military (thereby causing the looting of Iraq and fueling the insurgency), threw the spiritual leaders and generals into abu ghraib and Camp Bucca prisons where they were tortured, abused, and then released. These turned out to be the future leaders of ISIS with HUGE anti USA chips on their shoulders. We will pay that price for decades, the entire area is destabilized. Thanks Boyz.

As far as what Obama has done, I rate him as a B+; I think he has done rather well, given the messes that were turned over to him. When speaking specifically of his job as Commander in Chief, I am going to drop the grade down to B-, mostly because of the drone program. Every civilian we kill, we sprout 100 or more future terrorists. If we look at the example of our efforts with African based terrorism, we are much more successful. Our declared mission there is only to coordinate and back-up existing, national forces. When we participate in strikes, they are extremely precise and great care is given to reduce if not eliminate any civilian casualties.

Looking at terrorism in general, it's time we realized that we must stop killing the relatives of mostly young women and men that already feel like they have nothing to live for. All we are doing is supplying them with reasons to attack us and our allies. What we have to start doing is supplying them with reasons to live rather than reasons to die. In 2002, I said we should be sending more Engineers, Teachers and Doctors to Afghanistan and Iraq and fewer Cruise Missiles, Gi's and Tanks. Build something, give them reason to protect it. Teach them something, give them a future to look forward to, and heal them and theirs so that they will feel gratitude instead of revenge.
lol..Is that you Hillary?

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Thoris - You post is entirely too sensible for most of the posters on this forum.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:49 AM

401 posts, read 287,409 times
I dont believe its possible to avoid an all out war in the Levant, the US/NATO is going to have to destroy Assad, the Russians along with any ISIL factions that dont flee. The US budget deficit is about to explode, again.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:51 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
I dont believe its possible to avoid an all out war in the Levant, the US/NATO is going to have to destroy Assad, the Russians along with any ISIL factions that dont flee. The US budget deficit is about to explode, again.
Why Assad? Why? Do you even know? I doubt it.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:57 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Why Assad? Why? Do you even know? I doubt it.
Because Obama News Network says so.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
It appears the pilots were executed on the ground.

Things will heat up quickly now.
Shot by the people they were bombing (the rebels). What did you expect?

Old 11-24-2015, 08:58 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
A Russian search helicopter was shot down.

Russian rescue helicopter 'shot down by Syrian rebels' while searching for pilots of plane downed by Turkey - Mirror Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies